• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] 17yr vet to PC checking in

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
  • Hey there! I'm making a (hopefully proper) return to the Pokecommunity!

I first joined when I was 11 years old, am now 28 and never gave up my love for Pokemon. I recall being a teen here and having so much fun with friends I met on here and every now and then this site would come back into my mind.

Little bit more on me now. I grew to love the entire genre of monster taming, very much obsessed with other mon games too like temtem and lumentale and outside of that love gaming in general and video essays!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there Saint, welcome back to the PC! That's some impressive dedication to something you love, that's for sure!

Since you're a fan of monster taming games in general, have you ever played either of the Nexomon games?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey there! I'm making a (hopefully proper) return to the Pokecommunity!

I first joined when I was 11 years old, am now 28 and never gave up my love for Pokemon. I recall being a teen here and having so much fun with friends I met on here and every now and then this site would come back into my mind.

Little bit more on me now. I grew to love the entire genre of monster taming, very much obsessed with other mon games too like temtem and lumentale and outside of that love gaming in general and video essays!
    that's an impressive pc-age! you have me beat, and i kinda count as a veteran by now d:

welcome back! things have changed, as i'm sure you see, but hopefully for the better. sounds like you might enjoy checking out the fangames the community members are making in the appropriately named forum sections. for some chill good fun also, stop by the actual Forum Games section (it's just thread based games and chatting ^^). see you around.

Shiny

Years
  • Hello there Saint, welcome back to the PC! That's some impressive dedication to something you love, that's for sure!

Since you're a fan of monster taming games in general, have you ever played either of the Nexomon games?

I've played Nexomon Extinction for a bit! I did enjoy the game but I honestly lost interest in finishing it tbh. It felt like a mobile game and the monster designs weren't memorable for me. I swear I did enjoy it despite how that sounds lol

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • It felt like a mobile game and the monster designs weren't memorable for me. I swear I did enjoy it despite how that sounds lol

That's a fair critique. I mostly liked Extinction for the different style of storytelling compared to Pokemon.

Do you have a game in the monster taming/creature collecting genre that you'd put close to (or even higher than) pokemon?

Years
  • Hello Saint, and welcome back to the forums!
    I sure hope you will make new friends and have more good times here!
    About monster taming, have you heard of Monster Rancher ?
    I have not played these games though, but did watch the TV series' first season, and I certainly liked it. It was like Pokémon and Warcraft fused together!

The Video Games section is the right one to discuss about video games you like!

Shiny

Years
  • That's a fair critique. I mostly liked Extinction for the different style of storytelling compared to Pokemon.

Do you have a game in the monster taming/creature collecting genre that you'd put close to (or even higher than) pokemon?

So many nowadays unfortunately. I still love Pokemon (Beautifly stan 4 life) but the genre has grown so much lately. I'd say Temtem is fun for the PvP aspect (sunk over 2k hours into
    it lol) and I'm keen for Lumentale after playing the kickstarter demo! So many games this year and next year coming out I got my eye on!

Shiny

Years
  • Welcome Back =D

What was the first Pokemon game you played? =3
    Are you into Fakemon ? If so got any favorites? =)

I've been playing since Gen 1! I was a Pokemon Blue kid and my brother despite being older than me got Pokemon Yellow when it came out haha.

I do love fakemon yes! I've played a ton of fakemon games but my fav has to be Pokemon Xenoverse. All the fakemon in that are so well designed.

Shiny

Years
  • Hello Saint, and welcome back to the forums!
    I sure hope you will make new friends and have more good times here!
    About monster taming, have you heard of Monster Rancher ?
    I have not played these games though, but did watch the TV series' first season, and I certainly liked it. It was like Pokémon and Warcraft fused together!

The Video Games section is the right one to discuss about video games you like!

I've actually never played Monster Rancher. I am quite a fan of Warcraft and Pokemon so I might need to check that out, thanks for informing me of it :smile:

Back