• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2010 ★ The year that was!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [CSS-DIV=background-image:url('https://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=77&pictureid=50047');height:475px;width:680px;-moz-border-radius:10px;]

In summary

About one year ago, we all started thinking about what 2010 would be like, eagerly awaiting the end of 2009 and the start of a new decade. Now 2010 has mostly passed by us, we start to wonder where the year went. For many, it seemed as if it only just started and yet in a month, it will be history. All of us have had different experiences this year, whether positive or not, but we all have in common the fact that dwelling on the past is no use, and rather enjoy the times you have with those you care about.

Edit: Actually, taking out "questions" because it makes it seem like a poll. You can still reply to them if you wish.

So! Summarise 2010, your favourite parts, your least favourite parts, etc. ^____^

(You can write a month by month summary or an overall summary or even something shorter if you wish).

Note: Yes, I am making this at the start of December (little past 12:00am right now), leaving people with an entire month to sum up 2010. Oh and final note. All past summary of year threads have gone in OC, so. Yeah.
    I'll post my thoughts later.
    [/div]

Last edited:
    Years
    With that said, what are/were your favourite parts of 2010?
    - Passing my second year at university by getting a 1st =D
    - Life just getting better

In what ways could have the year been better?
    Don't think I can think of anything.

Or was the year pretty good overall for you?
    Was a good year for me =]

Bay

Years
    -Graduating from university back in June with honors.
    -Able to write some fanfiction for another fandom besides Pokemon. However, that then made me lose interest in writing Pokemon, so I need to get myself back to writing some Pokemon stories. D:
    -Soul Silver and news of Black/White.

-Getting a job related to my degree (Business Administration). -_-
    -This year my mom and I had been fighting a lot for some reason. Wished I got along better with her for the most part.
    -Like I said before, could have written some more Pokemon fanfiction.

-Overall, it's a pretty good year. Not the best year as I had to take care some stuff here and there, but it's quite better than 2009.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    -Completing GCSE's with good grades
    -Prom I suppose.
    -A-Level Graphics could have less work. Seriously, it's got more than all my other 3 lessons put together.
    More or less.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    I can't remember anything that stands out as being a favorite. :/

Well.. I wish I were a little bit more ignorant? I think I've grown a lot over the last year or two and I sometimes wish I was the old naive me, because ignorance really is bliss.

It was 'alright'.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Going to England was cool. I got to learn a lot and I got to experience a lot, too. Did a group animated film and am starting my own animated film due to be completed in April. I got to meet my pair/ boyfriend in August and it was amazing; I'm so glad our parents are both supportive.

All in all, a big step towards my reaching my career AND love life goals.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Well, I graduated this year. I'm still on summer vacation in fact. lol

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    -Pokemon black and white coming out soon!
    -my first year of middle school. =]
    -pretty good grades
    -vacation to my grandparents in Canada =D

-my brothers birthday lol his first year as a teenager and he's been kinda crazy sometimes.

It was a good year,got my iPod touch!
    Wish I didn't have so much home work, though.
    So overall great but not perfect.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Wow, I forgot it was December today. :D

- Finishing year 12 and passing my TAFE course.
    - The friends and memories I have made in real life, and here, which will not be mentioned.
    - I think that's all (I never really do these things.)
    - Escape the trade corner more often into this lovely area known as the Other Chat.
    - I could have focused more to achieve better grades at school.
    - I could have bothered to have gotten a job, prior to leaving school.

- I think the year has been pretty swell for me as well as quick. There have been some good times and some bad times, but we've all gotten through together.

I'm kinda trying to sound fancy and stuff, because I have absolutely no idea what to write. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    My Saints winning the Super Bowl. I've waited a long time.
    Just had a lot of fun.

It was a good year. I was happier in general, unlike in 2009.
    My grades slipped a little, hopefully they improve next semester.

Yes it was.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    - Going on vacation, basically just getting away from home and doing something different.

- When Black and White was announced I was pretty happy about that since I was sick of 4 Generation for months now.

- When the 3DS was annouced along with games like Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Megman Legends 3 I was quite exacted.

- Generally the whole summer of just hanging out with co-workers, bsing, sleeping in, no school.

- Yesterday since it was the last day of my Fall Semester.

- When I was promoted to Junior Mod at Marriland about 5 or so days before my birthday.

- Getting to see my family over Thanksgiving, since I haven't seen them in some time.

- I could have did better in College Math, although I don't know a lick about that.

- My first job could have still be in business, which is currently not.

- I could have actually got a raise at my last job(although it doesn't matter at this point)

- Outside of the obvious I could have won the lottery type thing.

- Kevin Durant could have got MVP of Lebron...

- I am still alive so I have nothing to complain about. It was so so overall just like most years. My classes where pretty laid back type of courses so I was pretty happy with that.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    2010 for me has been..................................................................

Very, very, very interesting.

All was quiet until that fateful day in February for me.

It started rather sadly on that fateful day. I knew, the moment I came to three days later, that I had lost someone close to me. Fortunately, as dark and dreary as it may seem...it only got better from that rock bottom point.

I had plenty of recuperation time, and then more dullness ensues. Then finally, a couple of vacations. (I was quite overdue for them...it'd been a while since I'd really been on one anyways)

On the PC front, nothing but the typical drama ensues. Nothing I'd really call noteworthy...not even becoming Skye and settling into her patterns (Which I had been doing since 2009 anyways...far before I even went as far as blogging my new decided upon gender.) :3

So yeah. 2010 will be a year to remember for me in a lot of significant ways, both in the PC timeline, and in the Timeline of my Real Life. :p

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    The year could have been better, it could have been worse.

Nothing whatsoever really stands out about this year. In a way, I hated it. Simply because I came to terms with my life, gave up on foolhardy ambitions, and learned that you can put in all your effort, but that doesn't mean you will get anywhere. Also, it isn't that I hate my life, but I.. just want more.. kind of like Mme. Loisel in Guy de Maupassant's "The Necklace."

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, I managed to escape noob sickness. I am no longer a noob. At least I think so.

Looking back at late 2009, I can only laugh at myself. I learned how to behave on here, I learned what an infraction is (xD), I got a new netbook and got rid of the old one... 2010 was a great year.

2010 also brought me new friends... both online and in real life. I passed 6th Grade with a 9,90 average, which placed me second in class. I am quote proud of myself.

As for the new friends... I could mention the warm welcoming from the awesome CHALLENGE community. As well as some real life friends who helped me pass through some sort of... Midlife Crisis ! xD

HGSS got released. I waited for them eagerly, then played HeartGold for 280 hours.

I also opened myself to old gaming stuff. Since 2008's beginning of Pokemon addiction (a ROM on my hacked PSP), I've only been playing Pokemon and Pokemon. I went back into NFS, I tried Civ, I tried Kingdom Hearts... it was a great year.

Also, my mom and dad have finally stopped yelling at each other. All I could ask for. They finally get along [most of the time] now. If you were wondering... my parents' divorce has been part of that Midlife Crisis.

Probably the only bad part of 2010 was my uncle's death in August... it was horrible. Not to mention we were in vacation, while he was dying... this was my first important loss, and I should get used to it... as many more are to come. ):

Compared to every year since 2006, 2010 was a blast. Awesome, only bad part being in the above paragraph. I just hope 2011 is the same... and maybe even better. :-P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    2010 started off kind of rocky for me. I lost my me maw in January. She's not blood, but she is the woman that raised me. I miss her and love her dearly and it will be so hard to have a Christmas without her for the first time this year. Saying this, I need to bring her some nice red roses soon. Those are her favorite.

February, SOMEONE NAMED HIIRO STOLE MY USERNAME! >:( That is all.

Fast-forward to March, I had my anniversary with my significant other at the time and my senior prom. Both we pretty nice, but they could have gone better than they did. Me and my partner were having a lot of problems though. Somewhere in this March-April area, I started diggin' someone right here on PC. Maybe you know who that is? ;) Skip on to May, probably the worst month of the year, alongside with June. Me and my significant other broke up right before I graduated. Then I was forced on a senior trip to New Orleans, which I didn't enjoy. Couldn't even go in bars because I was 17 at the time. Not like I would have or could have drank anything in there though. ;)

As soon as I got back from that trip, I had my mission trip to Memphis. Always a life changing experience. You meet so many kids that just don't have this posh life we have, and it'll break your hear when you have to leave. Me and my best friend at the time were starting to get closer again, after the bad spot we left in 2009. So I was happy about that, but she ruined it by going behind my back...well, she did that in front of my face and lied. So I don't know what you'd call that. lol Oh and I gave birth to the CHALLENGE forum at some point. :D One of my highest achievements here, imo. Brought about a whole new group and it's a community in its own. Sometimes I think my CHALLENGE chuggers take things a little too seriously, but you gotta love'em regardless<3

Kick up August, baby! Time for band camp with the Marchiiiiing Southernerrrrs! The big turnaround for my year, honestly. It was nice to be around a bunch of cool people and feel wanted. I had been waiting to be a part of this group since the 8th grade. It was just...a surreal moment. Finishing out the marching season is gonna be so bittersweet. Can't wait for next year! I'll have my own rookies to torture! ;) Oh and my birthday kinda sucked hard lol. Happy 18th, Sydian!

September...Klippy quit. That is all. :'( November...a bunch of people were modded and I skipped a lot of classes. :D Haha.

Overall 2010 started like crap, but I think it's gunna end with a bang. I lost friends and gained even better ones (you know who you guys are<3) and without PC this year, I probably would have just had a worse year and who knows what I as a person would be like without it, on and offline.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    The start of 2010 was great, It started with a fantastic party that involved both Fruit Corners and Rock Band. It was a fun night spent mostly with my then-girlfriend and my now-boyfriend raving to the tune of Muse.

I was sent on trip to San Diego by my school in February, that was amazing fun and err... educational of course. Theres nothing better than watching a rat get disemboweled by a hawk in a zoo... apart from recording it and setting it as your screensaver.

The best thing about 2010 was finally becoming part of a group of friends where I didn't want to throttle anyone, and me becoming a genuinely happy person quite a lot of the time. Plus there was my first proper trip to Thorpe Park, which was simply perfect, there was hardly anyone there! My move onto twitter and finding someone who is attractive and feels flattered by being stalked was definitely a highlight (although its probably not stalking if they're OK with it, and if its limited to simply saving all of their profile pictures and some friendly banter).

But from around August-September came a series of crushing defeats: I broke up with my girlfriend once we both accepted she was after someone else and some other stuff I'd rather not mention. But november, last week in particular, has been a return to form, I've finally taken a great friendship to the next level and made a great devils food cake! I can see the next few months being a bit a bit of an uphill climb, but thats 2011, and is therefore irrelevant.

tl:dr, a generally fantastic year, with a slight mid-season dip.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I lost quite a lot of friends this year, which put a dampener on it, but I still think it's been quite a good year for me (I know it could have been a lot worse). I got into a relationship which meant I wasn't lonely, and it helped me develop both my interpersonal and intrapersonal self. I've still got a very long way to go, but I think I'm still progressing and for that I'm glad. I'm doing well in college and I'm moving forward so that's another good thing. I just wish I could have handled some situations better during this year, it seemed to progressively worsen as a result of the complications I made for myself.

There's still a lot of room for improvement, but I'm still young so I'm not going to hold that against myself. Hopefully I'll continue developing next year.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    Don't know, really. I had fun here and there, but those moments disappear as fast as a bullet...

Everything.

The past 5 years or so has been crap for me. I doubt it'd get better in 2011.

Ayselipera

I think 2010 has been a very beneficial year for myself.

I've really come to accept the fact that things change. The way I want things to be isn't always the way they are going to turn out. Even if what I want doesn't happen sometimes what does happen ends up being better then what I originally wanted. I came to realize that people come and go in your life and there's nothing you can do about it and not to worry about things you can't control. I used to be sort of hurt and angry at my oldest friends because of how different they are now, but after talking to them a lot this year I found out that our lives are so different from each other. Things have happened to them that I would have never of wanted to go through and I'm glad they had enough trust in me to tell me what's been bothering them.

I feel like I've really grown this year and I can say that I really like myself better this year then last year. As Vendak said there's still plenty of room for improvement, but I suppose the same can be said for anyone. Whether you're ten or hundred years old there's always room to do better and better yourself. There's never a point where you just stop growing and reach perfection.

Years
    Well, my 2010 was great actually. It started off awful though 'cause I got the stomach flu New Years Day and was confined to watching the Winter Classic at my grandparents house while my family when shopping and stuff. I wasn't complaining though since I was able to lie around and watch hockey for a good portion of my day. At the beginning of the year, I was a Junior in high school and that was a bit tough for me, since most colleges concentrate on your Junior year when looking at your grades. My parents were exceptionally hard on me and we got into many fights, but because of them and everything, I was able to realize that I needed to step up my game so I could look as good to any college as I could and I worked a lot harder in school, even though I'm a good student anyways.

During the winter months, I was working at my job at McDonald's to pay for then upcoming school trips. I also went to my first NHL hockey game, thanks to my best friend who got us 12th row, center ice seats. The Flyers lost to the Pens but I did keep my ticket as a memento of the awesome time I had.

I also got back into Pokemon when I heard about HG/SS and I started replaying all of my old games in preparation for the their release. When I finally got the games, I basically played non-stop until I beat the game, logging a ton of time into my HeartGold file.

Springtime rolled around and I got my wisdom teeth out during Spring Break, which is around the time I caught my first shiny Pokemon, a shiny Drowzee! I also traveled to Virginia for my Junior Class Trip and to Orlando and the Bahamas for an Instrumental Music Trip in May. Both trips were absolutely amazing and I had an awesome time with all of my friends there. Around this time, thanks to a great friend of mine, I also decided to join my school's marching band for the upcoming season, a decision which I will never regret.

The school year ended and after vacationing to the beach with my family, I started work again and landed a small role in a summertime musical program that my school runs every summer. I spent the rest of July and beginning of August rehearsing, working, and hanging out with friends. When Band Camp rolled along, I honestly didn't know what to expect. However, I had such a blast with people I already knew thanks to being in the music program from as early as elementary school with some of them. Marching band is an activity I really regret not joining earlier. I've had so much fun, made new friends, and reconnected with older ones. Plus, I learned how to play an entire new instrument in a few months and helped our percussion section sweep Best Percussion awards in every competition we went to. =]

When school started, I was finally starting my senior year and so far, it's been great. I'm doing well in all of my classes, joined and played Powder Puff football, played with the marching band, applied to college and recently, just got accepted to two of the three places I applied to! It's almost halfway through the school year and it feels like we just started, honestly. I'm looking to finish the year out with my friends and to start what looks to be a great new year in 2011!

Back