• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2010 PC Haunt Creepypasta Contest Results

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• CREEPYPASTA CONTEST RESULTS

So I apologize that I wasn't able to place this up earlier. I didn't expect myself receiving results the same time as my End of year Final exams. But as you have been waiting for I have the results!

--------------------------------

We marked the Creepypasta in a certain way to get the results. Our Marking Schedule went like this:

We marked you mainly on Five things:
    Creepiness/Scariness: Creepypasta are meant to scare us. So it was marked on how Scary/Creepy the story was. (Rate Out of 10)
    Believability: The more believable they are the more scary they are. The more believable the story is the better the story is. (Rate Out of 10)
    Originality:I personally get tired if its the overused Lavender Town or the Unknowns spelling out something. They will get higher if they think out of the box (Rate Out of 10)
    Standout: Standout means a story which stands out. Not necessarily originality, sometimes it may not be original but it can stand out due something extra (Rate Out of 10)
    Understandability: Did you fully understand the story? Did you fully understand the story or did you get confused at times (Rate Out of 10)

Now each rating will equal points:

1/10: 10 Points
    2/10: 20 Points
    3/10: 30 Points
    4/10: 40 Points
    5/10: 50 Points
    6/10: 60 Points
    7/10: 70 Points
    8/10: 80 Points
    9/10: 90 Points
    10/10: 100 Points

Each Judge will mark using the schdule and we add both of our Results together. Basically the CP with the highest number of Points win (Including added Bonuses)

Anyway I know you are dying to hear the results. I have to say It was hard to mark them as there were so many good ones!

--------------------------------

TOP 3
    The three people I really enjoyed your stories so much! and you know what I'll be straight with you. YOU GUYS MADE ME CRY XD But seriously I'm not one to cry during Creepypasta but I actually did start shedding a few tears with these three stories.

3RD
    Spoiler:

2ND
    Spoiler:

1ST
    Spoiler:

CONGRATZ YOU THREE! Also here's the list of the Top 10 I'll see to getting you an Emblem as well!
    Spoiler:

Blaziquaza and My marks varied quite a bit but I'll tell you I loved all your entries! I can't wait to read Next Years entries already!

Creepypasta Results:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Congrats to the winners finally. ;p

I'm just glad I was able to use it as an excuse to write something after some months of nothing in the two hours I spend on it after midnight. XD I am curious to how we wre scoredby ye judges individually though... ;p

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Fourth isn't bad. It was good practice writing scary, at least. Thanks to the organizers and the competitors! It was fun you guys! :3

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    7th?? ;;
    Who cares? 7 is supposed to be a lucky number..
    Congratulations Nica and the others!!! ^_^

Years
  • 10th? I'm really disappointed with myself. I really tried to think out of the box and used a varied vocabulary as much as I could. Are we able to request to see individual scores? I'd really like to know what was wrong with my story.

Anyway, better luck next year, and congratulations to the top 3. You really deserved it!

Years
  • Well i don't think i could have been beaten by anyone better than forever. I have to say by the end of it i was fighting back tears and this is coming from a person who couldn't shift a tear when death was looming in the family.

Also i think i know where i lost my majority of points x] i have even had english students asking what come parts were implying over on my DA account XD
    It's ending up that i'm having to write a journal entry about all the stories i write explaining what its all about.

But anyway, congrats Forever and congrats to everyone else who entered. i'm sure if she could Zappy would have picked you all as winners :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Might as well post here now. XD;;

Thank you everyone! I was pretty sure I'd place somewhere in the top 3 (or hopeful), but to get 1st is really good. XD Glad you guys liked my Creepypasta, though :) And sorry it made you cry zappy/HT. XD;;

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Yay, 8th. Which is not too bad, and is supposed to be lucky in Chinese culture...
    I guess I could have done it better. Possibly.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Umm whichever is fine by me, really. XD;;

Can't wait to see the emblems. XD

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I would be disappointed with the results if not for the fact that my entry was completely satirical and not intended to be scary at all.

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • Wow, after reading your creepypastas, I wonder why I even wondered how I got such a bad mark. Amazing to everyone's creepypasta, especially 10th~1st. You peeps all rock! XD

Ouch, second last.

Don't mind me above there. My mind likes to wander a lot. XD

Well, like Team Fail said, I don't really mind getting a bad mark. (i.e. second last). This was my first time, after all...(Well, maybe just a little bit...)

I hate my mind...well, I kinda expected it, using one of the most cliche plots ever. (*cough*Old Chateau/ghosts*cough*) I'll be more creative from now on.

I am ashamed to be even called a fanfictioner/creepypasta'er...

QUIET YOU! Well, yeah...anyways, I'll improve my skills, and try again next year. *curtain closes*

Says the lazy bum...

BONK

I said quiet! (Why I waste space typing about aruing with my mind, I dunno...)

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I could hardly read the winners text so I stopped reading. :P

But congrats to whoever won.

Back