• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports 2016 MLB Season

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Starts tomorrow at 1PM on ESPN with St. Louis at Pittsburgh, followed by Toronto at Tampa Bay at 4PM on ESPN2, and then finally at 8PM on ESPN again, the New York Mets at the Royals.

The boys of Summer are finally back. Go Tribe!!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Welp. Not happening today. Cold/rain/snowed out.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • It's gonna be another rough year for my braves ;_; hopefully next year our GM will get his sh't together and sign some good FA's for the opening of our new park. I'm gonna miss Turner Field :'(

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Let's go Mets!

And the Marlins. I've always been a fan of the Marlins since the year they became a franchise.

It was rather terrible for the Mets to play against the Royals right at the start of the regular season. NY had to watch the flag-raising ceremony for the first game, and for the second game they have to watch the ring ceremony. They must feel bad, which is the excuse I'm going for when it comes to the way Cespedes played last night.

Latios77

*** uP ToWn FuNk ***
    Years
  • Even before the crazed playoff run I am a Toronto Blue Jays fan. Though really they aren't having the start I thought they would have. Then again we are early in the season, so I won't curse or swear at them just yet haha!

On my bucket list this year I'm hoping to catch a blue Jays game live in Toronto, that would be exciting for sure. I got to meet Jose Bautista really quickly during the off season. That was epic!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Another losing April for the Tribe. *thumbs up*

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The Mets really started to pick up in the second half of the month. To where they have 15 wins and 7 losses. It'll be a long time before I forget their 12-run third inning against San Francisco.

In unfortunate news for the Marlins, Dee Gordon has a 80-game suspension for testing positive for PEDs. It's going to be weird not seeing him playing.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • That was quite the move on Texas' part there, although as Bautista said, it's kinda absurd to wait so long before they made their move. While Bautista's move on them was not too well thought-out (Although that right hook from Odor was pretty nasty), I'm surprised to not hear anything of any suspensions unless any were handed out very recently (Especially to John Gibbons for coming back on the field after being ejected...) - I haven't watched Sportsnet yet today, but MLB is probably still in the midst of working out all the penalties for all the people involved.

It was just announced that Odor was banned for 8 games. Seems...not too steep of a penalty honestly.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • As a Boston fan, I'm just very pleasantly surprised as to how well the Red Sox are doing. Sure, having an unlimited cap makes for some good spendings (although it doesn't always work like with Pablo Sandoval), but I don't think any Boston fan could have predicted how well Travis Shaw, Jackie Bradley Jr., Rick Porcello, etc. are doing this year. It's unbelievable.

Back