• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event 30 Days of Entertainment

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
  • 4. A movie that made you think.
    Arrival. I'm still internally deliberating about the thematic elements of the movie, as well as how the language intertwines with time. Incredibly smart movie!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    3. The very best TV show episode you've seen? If you don't play favs, then at least an episode of some show that you found very memorable!
    X-Files

4. A movie that made you think.
    The 2010 version of Karate Kid.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Possibly a GoT episode, yeah. There were truly great ones. I also very much loved some Doctor Who episodes, of course, but I'm not sure any are quite up there as Best Ever. Oh and Sherlock had great eps, but again it's tricky to remember quite which one.

Arrival had big flaws but it did make me think, about language. Pretty cool. Contact was also extremely cool, watch it if you haven't.

Years
  • 4. A movie that made you think. - Shutter Island and The Matrix. Both offer really interesting ideas and although the Matrix trilogy got worse as it went on imo, the premise of the movies was really existential .

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Spoiler:

That doesn't mean it's bad though. It's completely amazing. It just hurts at the same time.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    5. A song that makes your ears bleed.

Hmm. I usually enjoy all music and don't really hate certain songs, but I would say "Call Me Maybe" is up there.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • 5. A song that makes your ears bleed.
    Most country music, but given that I actively forget their names on purpose, I'm gonna go with Caroline by Aminé.
    5. A song that makes your ears bleed.

Any Twenty-One Pilots song tbh.

excuse me

Years
  • 4. A movie that made you think
    The hunger games

5. A song that makes your ears bleed. Or at the very least, one you aren't very fond of.
    Everything that comes from Nickelback.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    1. A movie that gave you more feels than you could handle? If you can always handle feels, then a movie that at least gave you lots of them!
    I watched Life Is Beautiful in social studies when we were learning about the Holocaust in high school, and I think that was one of the saddest movies I've seen. It's powerful, but also because I generally do not voluntarily watch sad movies.

2. A song that makes you want to dance? If you never dance, then at least a song that makes you very happy!
    Changes all the time, but lately I find myself listening to Pentatonix's Michael Jackson medley a lot, if that counts as one "song".

3. The very best TV show episode you've seen? If you don't play favs, then at least an episode of some show that you found very memorable!
    Definitely from Game of Thrones - one of my all time favorite scenes is from S3E4, And Now His Watch Is Ended. All GoT episodes are amazing but I'll always, always love Daenerys' moment in the sack of Astapor, it's epic and still gives me chills even though I've seen it so many times, lol.

4. A movie that made you think. You know the type, movies that are complex or make interesting points.
    I don't watch a lot of thinky movies either, so not much is coming to mind right now. Amelie? Inception? I dunno. :P Definitely want to watch Arrival though - you guys just reminded me, and my brother was just gushing about it the other day and it sounded really good.

5. A song that makes your ears bleed. Or at the very least, one you aren't very fond of.
    My tolerance is pretty high because I watch Twitch streams and playlists of 'cancer music' is a running gag in a few of them

But they're meant to be jokes, so if we're talking about songs that people have made unironically, this one is a gem:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    6. A sport you really don't understand? If you understand all sports, then at least one that seems really weird to you!
    I'm not really a sports person just in general, but one of the sports I understand the least is probably curling?

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • 6. A sport you really don't understand?

Rugby. To my understanding, it's like football but not really. I don't really understand what is going on when I watch it, other than the occasional beating the snot out of other players. Seems cool enough, though.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • 6. A sport you really don't understand?
    Golf? I know the rules, but the aim of the game is to play less of it.

Back