• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 24

I presume by classic you mean like, no more recent than the 16 bit era?. In that case it's probably Mega Man 2, closely followed by Kid Icarus and Super Mario World. Mega Man 2 had perfect game-play and controls, the bosses were still imaginative and each stage was unique and fun. While it wasn't exactly the hardest NES game out there, it was still a bit of a challenge, which just added to the fun I had with this classic.

EDIT: And how can I forget the music in this game? absolutely brilliant, every single track.

Years
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing.
    I have too many on my list! I have so many that I have just collecting dust and some that are yet to be released, but the top game that is on my list to play would be either Golden Sun DS or replay Tales of Symphonia.​

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years

L.A Noire

A little more info...

It's a game developed / published by Rockstar and I'm really looking forward to it coming out next week. With great games prior to this that I have played developed by Rockstar. (GTA series and Red Dead.) I'm sure this game will be no exception.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Pokemon XD: Gales of Darkness (Gamecube) - I've borrowed the game and had like... no time to play it. ._.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing

Hopefully, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop will be one of those games I plan on playing. With a friend of course. >:3

But if that doesn't happen, well, I can always look forward to playing Last Window: Secret of the Cape West, since Kyle Hyde's awesome.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 25

Out of the games that are out now, my biggest priority is Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Loved all the "Vs." games so much, but just don't have the money to buy this game yet.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

Hopefully Guild Wars 2, if I have enough money by then. No subscription fees and hype about gameplay and story line gets me excited.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Day 02 - Your favourite character
    Probably Zack Fair from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. He's upbeat, charming, and very childish at times, but he knows when to be serious.
    Day 05 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
    I wish I was like Zack Fair, surprise surprise. It's just hard not to like him.
    I consider myself to be similar to Squall though; that's a damn shame.
    Day 06 - Most annoying character.
    Hope from Final Fantasy XIII, before the cutscene where he confronts Snow.

Day 07 - Favourite game couple.
    Minato x Aigis. Aigis just felt like the most human character in Persona 3, which is pretty strange considering she's a robot.
    Day 08 - Best soundtrack.
    NieR, of course. The tunes themselves are fantastic, but the omnipresent voice in the background is what makes the whole game stand out.
    Day 09 - Saddest game scene.
    The ending of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, aaaaaaand the Shadowlord's castle in NieR, after you defeat the twins. The whole game is depressing, but I couldn't stand seeing that happen to 'him'.
    Day 10 - Best game play.
    Final Fantasy XIII probably. Once you can stack options fast enough, it's damn fun switching paradigms and altering your strategy every few seconds so you don't die.
    Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.
    I was always a Playstationfag, so my game system of choice would be the fatty PS3. Not only is it backwards compatible with both PS2 and PS1 games, but it also has an excellent library itself.
    Day 12 - A game everyone should play.
    NieR, no doubt. People need to know how to make good characters in a game.
    Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times.
    Final Fantasy I. Classic old-school RPG.
    Day 14 - Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
    Flower. It's probably the most beautiful game I ever played. And here's the wallpaper.

Day 15 - Post a screen shot from the game you're playing right now.
    Spoiler:

Day 16 - Game with the best cut scenes.
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII, even though it's not out yet. The dark setting looks like it fits the game perfectly. It's completely unlike Final Fantasy XIII where they brood on a grassy field filled with flowers and gorgeous blue skies, overlooking the breathtaking view of the alien flora and fauna.
    Day 17 - Favourite antagonist.
    Definitely Goltana and Larg from Final Fantasy Tactics. I hate any antagonist where they're evil just for the hell of it, but Final Fantasy Tactics, being the politically driven game that it is, gracefully avoided it. Both Goltana and Larg are fighting each other for control of Ivalice, and both of them want control because they think it's best for Ivalice.
    Day 18 - Favourite protagonist.
    Zack Fair, like before. But Nier, Kaine, and Emile are also brilliant characters.
    Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
    I honestly wouldn't want to live in any game I played, since the deepest ones always have issues with them, whether it be war or just invading monsters. So I'll just say Flower, since it has none of that.

Day 20 - Favourite genre.
    RPGs of course, particularly of the J kind. I'm also a fan of FPSes, but cover-based shooters can go to hell.

Day 21 - Game with the best story.
    NieR. It's original, it's complex, it's deep, and it explains everything.

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you.
    Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. Crappy title aside, it really wasn't that fantastic. Dialogue was above the usual Kingdom Hearts material though.

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
    LocoRoco, followed closely by Patapon.

Day 24 - Favourite classic game.
    Probably Final Fantasy Tactics. If PS1 era games don't count, then Chrono Trigger DS. If remakes don't count, then Lufia 2 for the SNES, since I didn't play most of the classics(Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy VI) until their remake.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, if it ever comes out.

Years
    Day 26 - Best voice acting.
    You know, this is a big part of a games audio for me if voice acting is required. I don't like hearing poorly delivered lines that are meant to have a real impact, I want to feel like the actors are genuinely putting an effort into it.

That being said, it would go down to the Uncharted series and Tales of Symphonia. However, it would have to be ToS that wins it for me. I just really connected and felt for the characters which was mainly to do with how their actors delivered their lines. Sure, some were a little off, but the large majority were top notch.​

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Day 26 - Best voice acting

In my opinion, I've only really played few games that actually had voice acting, and the best one was the Tales of games. It was well done, and didn't seem too overdone. I did like how the voice acting in Innocence matched the personality of the characters in it, so that was a good thing too.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

NieR has excellent sound in general, and the voice acting isn't an exception. It's top notch, whether it's with Kaine and her sailor mouth or Grimoire Weiss and his English drawl. My only complaint is with Emile because it feels out of place, but only in the first 10 minutes of meeting him.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you.

I can't really think of any...May I pass this one? XD

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, hands down. Most games have a great art style, but I love the cel shaded graphics of this one. I am really looking forward to Skyward Sword, as it will combine WW and TP...I want to see it in person! XD

Day 24 - Favourite classic game.

I'll hold off on The Legend of Zelda A link to the Past for now and say Final Fantasy V. I am binging on Random Class challenges and normal playthroughs on it right now and it is EPICALLY FUN.

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing

I plan on playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles sometime...I have yet to beat it. >__<

I don't have very many games with voice acting, so I will have to go with Tales of Symphonia. It was my first (and only. XD) game that had voice acting, and i was like "WOAH THAT IS AWESOME!" XD

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years

GTA IV

I thought the voice acting in it was very good in it and I thought they all did a good job in it. I don't really know what much more I can say

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra (PS2) - Honestly, out of the games I have played with voice, this one didn't seem overdone. They played to the emotion of the scene perfectly. Like when Jin tries to express his worry for Shion after one of her collapses.... Or.... any scene with Albedo in it. X3

Years
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever.
    This is a tough one; pretty much asking my favourite part in a game ever. The are many scenes that I thought were epic. RE4 where Leon throws the knife at Ramon Salazar and impales his hand, I laughed so much at that. Or the ending to Dragon Warrior Monsters for the GBA; that was a precious game to me when I was younger.

If I was forced to pick, and it is a tough one, I would have to go with the Tales of Symphonia ending. Some might not consider it to be very epic, but it rounded off the story and the game enough for me from that one game. The cut scenes were well done and everything was just beautiful.​

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years

The endings of Porta1 and 2. 1 was totally unexpected and probably the best cliffhanger I've ever seen. 2 however had the most tense, unexpected ending I've ever seen. The only thing I wasn't fond of is that it pointed towards there not being a Portal 3 and I really would love to see that.

An honorable mention is the endings of Dead Space 1 and 2. 1 ended as a cliffhanger that left you wondering what the heck is going to happen now? The ending to 2 completely TROLLED the ending to 1. It had me laughing so hard. Dead Space FTW.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 26 - Dead Space

Day 27

This may seem like an odd choice, seeing as it's not technically a "scene", but for me in terms of "epicness", it has to be the first time you set sail on the King Of Red Lions in The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker. As soon as you get the sail and head on out to the expansive sea, you knew that you were going on one heck of an adventure, and if that isn't epic, I don't know what is.

Years
    Day 28 - Favourite game developer.
    Well, that is a tough one. I am not really sure, but I think Namco win it for me. I have liked a lot of there games and ome are even my favourites; Tales of Symphonia for one.​

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Ending - Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra(PS2) Specifically the bit where Allen, who was timid up until now, flies TWENTY FEET from some stairs to land on a deadly monster.... And with a war cry, bashes it three times with the butt of his gun before flipping said gun around and blowing it's head off.

Day 28 - Favourite game developer.

Namco - I am with Fabio on this one... It's a REALLY touch choice... and Capcom and Square/Squaresoft/Square Enix make close second and third, but my favorite SERIES (Xenosaga) was made by Namco. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever

Uh... Hm... I think IMO, the whole true ending of 999. Really suspenseful and shocking, and the last puzzle scene... awesome. You know why you're playing the game. And why you're on this creepy ship. And... it's so heart-breaking sometimes too... Just play the game already, darn it! :D

Day 28 - Favourite game developer

Uh... Capcom for the Ace Attorney games. These games were the first time I've actually jumped into visual novels, and I'm glad I did pick them up. Plus, they've got Dead Rising and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and who could argue with that?

Back