• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 20 - Favourite genre.

I don't really have one, honestly. "Adventure" is really ****ing broad, but that's the best I can come up with.

ALL HAIL ZELDA!

Day 21 - Game with the best story.

Jesus, so many! I cannot pick one, sorry.

Professor Layton, especially the Curious Village and the Unwound Future.

Spoiler:

Tales of Symphonia, despite it being one of the most cliched out there, and some parts will guarantee to make your eyes roll, it doesn't make it horrible. Its overall message and "twists" will definitely be entertaining the first time around.

Spoiler:

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door- It's not about its originality, but how it's executed. It's very sardonic, sometimes dark and humorous.

Spoiler:

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years

Red Dead Redemption

A Little more info,,,

It has a brilliant story in my opinion. It's set in the Western era which is cool as not a lot of games are, which is a pity and it captures all the great details of that era. The storyline is brilliant and the main character's life stories are very good and lots of detail is given about them.

Years
    Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you.
    That award goes to Fable II. The game left me feeling like more was taken out than put in. I hated that they took away things like armor and such and the story was pretty boring in my opinion.​

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

There are a few, any of the Dynasty Warriors are boring carbon copies of each other, but the one game that disappointed me was the Sonic game where you could turn into a werewolf. The game had nothing that made sonic games popular and was just a desperate grab at people's obsessions with werewolves at the time.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years

Pretty much any Sonic game after Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. The newest one actually looks good though so maybe they'll break the cycle.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

I don't play many games therefore my award has to go tooooo.... /drumroll
    Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) - FFX is one of my favorite games in the franchise. I then find out they're doing a sequel, and got excited for a load of dung. Seriously. Way to take the characters and violate who they are. :c

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013

9 Doors 9 Hours 9 Persons got my vote here. This game's story compelled me to play it more than 5 times just to get all the endings. Great for a game that's so story driven and basically all text and puzzles. :O

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

If this could be called a sequel, I was disappointed in it somehow. It was too familiar, and kind of boring compared to D/P/Pt for some reason. Maybe that's why I didn't finish it...

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 19 - Pokemon.
    Day 20 - Tactical RPG
    Day 21 - Metal Gear Solid 3

Day 22

By a long way it has to be Resident Evil 5. I loved Resi 4 like a child and just couldn't wait to get my hands on the 5th instalment, but it turned out to be one of my most hated games ever, and that is no exaggeration. It's not scary, it's inventory system is awful, nothing is thought out well and it's just plain terrible. And don't even get me started on that spawn of Satan that is Sheva Alomar.

Years
    Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
    This is a very tough one. I would say there are a few games that I have been impressed with due to different aspects of it. Tales of Symphonia had a pretty visual, Okami as well. But for the realistic value, Crysis 2 has to win it for me.​

Years
    This is a very tough one. I would say there are a few games that I have been impressed with due to different aspects of it. Tales of Symphonia had a pretty visual, Okami as well. But for the realistic value, Crysis 2 has to win it for me.​

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 23

In my eyes, this is between two games that, while they don't have the best graphics in terms of power or HD super graphics, they are in my opinion the best games to look at. Those two are Wind Waker and Kirby: Epic Yarn. But purely because of the sense of epicness and adventure that the visuals create, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker takes it for me. The Bit.Trip series get an honourable mention too.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    I would have to go with Killzone 3. Every thing about the graphics in this game amaze me. I also really like Brink's graphics, I dig the stylized graphics. Rage hands-down has the best graphics I have ever seen, but it's not out yet, so I guess it doesn't count.

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

As per usual.....
    Okami (PS2/Wii) - Seriously. You are pretty much in a living painting. Aside from Okamiden I have yet to see a game like it. FORGET TRUE REALISM. XD

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

De Blob, De Blob 2, and Epic Mickey all have a really quirky painting mechanic that makes the game pop when you play it but in addition to all that, there is a world behind it and it's gorgeous.

Years
    Day 24 - Favourite classic game.
    My favourite classic game has to be Dragon Warrior Monsters for the GBC. That game was so amazing in my childhood I just couldn't put it down.​

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Day 23 -Game you think had the best graphics or art style

I think it could be Professor Layton, because it's so clean looking, but then I personally also like the black and white style of Madworld. It's chaotic, and cool looking though. ^^

Day 24 - Favourite classic game

I think it was Megaman Zero 1 back in my childhood. I loved it, even though I was constantly infuriated by the fact that it was always in Japanese... and hard to play.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Day 24 - Favourite classic game

Super Mario World (SNES) - This game is one of the ones that defined my childhood and when I played it again recently the nostalgia killed me. XD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
    Spoiler:

Seriously, the graphic is just so cool, you can NOT wish you live in Shibuya.

Day 20 - Favourite genre.
    I'd say JRPG. I mean, that's the only type of games that I buy, if not RPGs.

Hard to choose, but 999 definitely takes the cake.

Pokemon Black and White - I don't... know, but it certainly.. disappointed me in a sense.

Art Style - Devil Survivor, Graphics - TWEWY

Hm, definitely um, Motor Cross Racing. You know the one in which you have to race with other pixel opponents? I forgot the name. Also the Maple thing... I forgot the name but it involves jumping for balloons! And Tetris!

I should definitely choose other games.. I'm just too close minded.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years

Super Mario Bros. 3. I must have spent hours on that game as a kid. Although I never could get very far, I enjoyed it very much - except when I died lol

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09

A little more info...

It disappointed me because it wasn't much different from the previous edition, 08. Graphics were the same and had the same old features so I was disappointed by the fact I bought a game which was more or less the same as 08.

Red Dead Redemption

A little more info...

It really captures the style of the Western ear from the buildings to the deserts and prairies. They did a brilliant job of capturing a world from around 200 years ago.

Super Mario Bros. (GBA)

A little more info...

Very fun and cool game, a real classic to me anyway. I never passed it though. It was a game I had as a kid but if I was diven the chance to play it now, I'd pass it.

I still have the game cartridge but I don't have any device to play it on unfortunately.

Back