• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Late again! >_<

Day 07 - Favourite game couple.

Colette Brunel and Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia
    Yes, it's not technically canon, but it's widely assumed to be th default coupling for Lloyd. I usually don't like corny things, but these two are just too cute together!

Spoiler:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 7

Hmmm, Video Game relationships, not really my forte. I considered Mario and Peach, but seeing as Mario has been saving her for years, yet never goes in for the poon-tang, I had to skip it.
    In the end I chose Boyd and Mist from Fire Emblem 9/10 because it's the only time we really see Boyd calm down and care for another's feelings, not because he's "Stoical", but because he's rash, reckless and a general nut-case. Plus it gives Mist more of an interesting character in the game(s).

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Day 05 - Game character you feel you are most like (or want to be like)
    Not an easy one for me, but... It feels weird, saying this, but I kinda like the stance of Kreia from Star Wars - KotOR 2. I know she... Isn't particularly a good Jedi, but how she maintains some neutrality and manipulates events through predictions, and her ending and explanations of why she did it all... I just somehow agree with it. She creates the events which occur for the benefit of others.

Day 06 - Most annoying game character
    ... Again, hard to answer, as I don't get too annoyed by characters. Actually, I can now think of one - the Shopkeeper in StarFox Adventures - trying to haggle and he has none of it. I love the character, but after a while, he annoys me with his prices for common things, as well as easy haggling on some goods, yet impossible to haggle on others, and even if you revert back to the original price, he still sometimes doesn't accept it!

Day 07 - Favourite game couple
    Honestly, Fox and Krystal from StarFox. Something about him getting a happy ending just appeals to me, as if the StarFox Command ending of him having a son that creates a new StarFox is the canon (despite none of them probably having that status yet, but I hope it is this one), it just seems a fitting end for Fox (which he deserves, after all the stuff he's had to put up with), and something to restart the franchise with (and Falco as an advisor like Peppy - that seems good).

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years

ANY animal crossing character. They all annoy me no end. lol

Hard choice for this one. Very hard. I am trying to stay away from ones I have already picked which made it even harder. But I would have to say Cecil and Rosa from FFIV. Playing the game now and I forgot who good they actually were with the storys bak then compared to what we have to deal with now. But the relationship between them two is great :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    HEY, LISTEN! HEY, LISTEN!
    Navi
    (Would you like to talk to Saria now?)

I don't really have one :( but in terms of pairings

Roxas x Axel from the Kingdom Hearts series

Years
    Day 08 - Best soundtrack.
    Oh wow, what a tough one. I don't know, there are so many amazing soundtracks. However, one that does come straight to mind and stays there, is the Tales of Symphonia OST. Whenever I hear anything from that game it makes me feel all weird and wonderful inside. It is such a beautiful game and it is matched by its music.​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 08 - Best Soundtrack

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii): For me, it's the orchestration that does it. And the choir. And the revamping of all the classic songs from games I may not have played, but still know the music to. Some of the best music I've ever heard in a video game, bar none.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Day 08 - Favourite Soundtrack
    This is a tough one, since I don't really pay too much attention to games, but I'ma have to go with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Dreamcast, Gamecube). I think what I really like about this game's soundtrack is that it stands out from all the orchestrated stuff you see in video games nowadays. This game's soundtrack has really gone for the modern songs instead of the old-fashioned stuff which games usually go for. There's a good mix of indie, rock, rap, and pop which I just adore about this game. <3

Spoiler:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Day 08 - Best soundtrack
    Err... I had an answer for this yesterday, sadly I've kinda forgot it. I suppose I could say Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, as the music actually does get you into the feeling of where you are, and what you should feel, with Clock Town's original happy theme turning quicker and seemingy more desperate on the Final Day, and Ikana Canyon's creepy-ish soundtrack.

I remember now, I actually have 2, the Banjo-Kazooie series - all he songs also convey where you are and some are quite catchy... Such as Rusty Bucket Bay, Click Clock Wood, Glitter Gulch Mine, and my personal favourite, Gruntilda's Battle theme.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Day 08 - Best soundtrack

For me, it would Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge. Amazing sound effects when firing guns or missile, but the music, especially during the boss fights, was intense.

Years
    Yet another tough one. Frankly, I have no idea. Hmm, how about Portal player char (whatever her name was again) and Companion Cube?

Day 08 - Best soundtrack
    GTA - Vice City. Love its 80s music. Especially VRock is godly.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    I do not know of any to be honest, had to skip that one yesterday.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

It had a wide selection of music genres and I did enjoy a lot of the music on it. It was nice to cruise down Washington Beach with the music playing in the car. Ah, memories.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 8

This one was really tough as a lot of games were considered. At first I thought of Zelda, Wind Waker especially. Then of course, as I do whenever I think of video games, I thought of the Fire Emblem series, but couldn't single out one game from that series as having the very best soundtrack from any video game ever.
    Toward the end of my thinking I came to a 3 way tie between Mega Man 2, Bionic Commando Re-armed and Bit.Trip Beat, all having very fast-tempo, electronic sounding OSTs. But, in the end I decided to go with Bit.Trip Beat because the soundtrack is essential to the game play as you play it out, whilst playing a fiendishly addicting game. Whilst other games in the series have brilliant soundtracks, Void and Core for example, this one stuck out to me as the very best.

Years
    NOTE: For this one, if it is a major plot line, put it in a spoiler please. No one likes a game being spoilt.

Day 09 - Saddest game scene.
    Again, wow, this is a tough one. I would have to say in Shadow of the Colossus. I love this game so much and I can't wait till the HD version is brought out, however, the most tear jerking moment was
    Spoiler:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Well, I missed five days to due to laziness forgetfulness not being online, so I'll catch up quickly, y/y?

Day 4 - Your Guilty Pleasure Game

The Sims 3. Ok, so EA are money grabbing arseholes but damn if they don't know how to make addicting games. It's one of those things where you can spend a whole day playing and not realise at all.

Day 5 - Game Character you feel you are most like

Steve?

Yes, him.

Day 6 - Most annoying character

HEY! LISTEN!

Day 7 - Favourite Game Couple

Cloud and Barret FTW

Spoiler:

Day 8 - Favourite Game Soundtrack

FFVII comes close, but Red Dead Redemption wins for the masterpiece that is Far Away

Spoiler:

Day 9 - The Saddest Game Moment

At the risk of repeating a game, it's RDR again, the end this time. Those who've played it will know what I mean.

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Day 08 - Best soundtrack
    I am gonna be repeating a game for quite a few days here...but Final Fantasy V. I mean, Clash at the Big Bridge! The Final Boss theme! The Library of the Ancients theme! And much much more! :D

Day 9 - The Saddest Game Moment
    Again, Final Fantasy V:
    Spoiler:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I know I'm totally late, but I am going to catch myself up here. :3

Day 01 - Your first video game
    Kirby's Avalanche - SNES - Like seriously, that was the system I grew up with, and the first game that also belonged to me along with my sisters. I failed so severely at it, and I still do, but the music and the kirby universe as a whole was so adorable.

Day 02 - Your favourite character
    Albedo Piazzolla - Xenosaga - PS2 - Honestly, when I first saw him in the games, I hated him and was happy he died.... But after rewatching the cinematics, the poorly done anime based on the first game and reading his bio, I've developed quite the soft spot for the insane immortal who just wanted ot understand and connect. Easily my new favorite for the time being.

Day 03 - A game that is underrated.
    The Legend of Dragoon - PSX/1 - Sure, the graphics for regular gameplay are less than stellar, and it can be comapred to a final fantasy rather easily. But that doesn't make it a terrible game. It's got a storyline and setting that, especially in term of DRAGON DESIGN, Final Fantasy could only DREAM OF. Plus the music is intense so yeah. XD

Day 04 - Your guilty pleasure game.
    Parappa the Rapper - PSX/1 - Like, seriously... when I first played this game I wanted to pull my hair out. I DID NOT GET IT. But now that I can actually play it.... Well, I am pretty sure I'd be laughed at if people knew I did. XD

Day 05 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
    chaos/Yeshua - Xenosaga - PS2 - He's a pretty big ball of awesome, shrouded in mystery. He knows a lot about a race of deadly aliens who CAN TURN HUMANS TO SALT UPON CONTACT.... Did I mention he can do that very thing to them, even though he looks like a normal human? (and the only one of his skintone? XD)
    Plus his voice actors did digidestined (Tai in games 2/3 and Ken/Digimon emporer in game 1)
    Oh I wish I were that cool.

Day 06 - Most annoying character.
    Farleen - Star Ocean: Till The End of Time - PS2 - She was naive, and her voice grated on my eardums... Like seriously. If she was in a scene with vocals I muted it for good measures.... (Which was a shame. I like the other voices.)

Dart and Shana - Legend of Dragoon - PSX/1 - The classic childhood friends -> great lovers set up. Cliche, yes, but she was his reason to fight. And since you can't take him out of your party you have to be glad for something like that.

Okami - PS2/Wii - NO QUESTION. Music is something that attracts me to an RPG. Okami's is just so beautiful. It's brought me to tears multiple times. If I can get my hands on a copy of the PS2 version of this game and/or the OST, my life would be complete

Day 09 - Saddest game scene.
    Albedo's Change - Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse - PS2 -
    Spoiler:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 8 - Best Soundtrack
    Tough one, but definitely Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. (Donkey Kong Country 2 comes soooo close!)

Spoiler:

Day 9 - Saddest Game Scene.

Majora's Mask has plenty, but this one is the one I remembered first:
    WARNING: MAJOR TALES OF SYMPHONIA SPOILER(S)!

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest Game Scene
    Gee, I don't have one which is particularly sad. There was the one moment in Paper Mario which made me shed a tear, but that isn't particularly sad. I'll go with one which I've seen which I think is pretty sad in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (Xbox 360, PS3)
    Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest game scene

Erm... pass? Most of the games I play don't really have sad stuff in them. Either puzzle games, racing games, Pokemon or Super Smash Bros. I suppose the 'saddest' scene would be the penultimate scene in Elite Beat Agents where:

Spoiler:

Back