• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Years
  • Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.

Hum... Well, I do have a lot of systems and I have enjoyed a lot of them, but I think the one that I got most enjoyment out of was GameCube.
    The Gamecube was such a fun console, it had so many games that I love currently and have for a long time.​

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 11

Nintendo Gamecube is my favourite system ever. It's given me the most enjoyment out of any console ever. So many games that I love and hold as some of my favourite in gaming history. Plus it has the best controller ever made. Gamecube is closely followed by GBA and N64 however.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Day 11

DS, followed closely by the GBA. I have pretty big collections (by my standards anyway) for both systems and I like the portability of handhelds. And they're the home to my main Pokemon games.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 11 - Gaming system of choice

Nintendo GameCube: Just going to go ahead and jump on the bandwagon, here. I think it's the system of which I have the most games for, and the one which I enjoyed playing the games on the most. I'm a Nintendo fanboy (in that I only have Nintendo stuff, not the crazed fanboy kind :/) and this had the best selection of games, as well as the most awesome controller... shut up! It totally WAS awesome!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.

PS2 - I've had it for years.... and it has the majority of my favorite games (Okami, Xenosaga, Legend of Dragoon, FFX, Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, Crash, etc.)
    Plus I never had many systems so yeah. XD

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years

PS3.

I really enjoy the PS3 and I've had it for a while now. It has to be the best gaming console in my opinion and I just really enjoy it when I'm playing it.

Years
  • Day 12 - A game everyone should play.
    Wow, a real tough one so far. There are so many great games out there that I would recommend people, Tales of Symphonia, Dragon Warrior Monsters, Fallout 3 and so on. However, I think I would have to recommend Silent Hill 2. It is such a gripping game and one of a kind in my eyes.
    A must for so many people.​

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I play the most DS games, so naturally my game system of choice is that :) It's small enough that I can take it anywhere with me and I don't have to learn a ton of controls which is great since that's my main problem with play stations and such.

Day 12 - A game everyone should play
    9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors. hands down! I love this game so much, I was sucked in immediatley and yes, you have to replay sections to get to the true ending but I personally love that's how they reveal the plot to you. You can also just fast forward through the parts you've done and if you keep track of all the puzzles you can breeze through them. The plot is extremely well done and I wish I knew more people who play this since it's such a fun game to talk about, and play of course <3

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years

The Urbz: Sims In the City.

A little more info...

It's a nice simple game. Anyone can get into it and it is really fun and enjoyable and when you beat the game it still has good after value. In my opinion the game is best on the Nintendo DS, way better then the PS2 version.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 12

Everybody should play through The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker at least once. A bright and colourful game that is just brilliant in every way. It'll make you remember why we play games, not for graphics and dull grey shooters, but for the adventure and colour.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time AND The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. BOTH OF THEM if you haven't already. As for why?! Not only is Ocarina of Time the best Nintendo 64 game ever, but it's loaded with sidequests, has a wonderful plot that envelops you in Hyrule, fantastic gameplay and a wide variety of dungeons.

As for Twilight Princess: Easily one of the greatest games on the Wii, let alone the GameCube (its earlier release)! Pretty much the same reasons as Ocarina of Time, but with some fun new items and awesome sword moves.

Ocarina of Time:

Spoiler:

Twilight Princess:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
    Years
  • Day 01 - Your first video game
    Tetris for the original Gameboy.

Day 02 - Your favourite character
    Without a doubt it has to be Zack Fair from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. He's one of the few cheerful main protagonists in the Final Fantasy saga.

Day 03 - A game that is underrated.
    Okage: Shadow King. Probably one of the best games I've ever played, and yet not many people seem to know what it is.

Day 04 - Your guilty pleasure game.
    Definitely Final Fantasy VII, seeing as it's the most overrated Final Fantasy game... ever.

Day 05 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
    I think I'm most like... The Persona 3 Portable female protagonist.

Day 06 - Most annoying character.
    Navi from the Legend of Zelda. HEY! LISTEN! Next to her would have to be any team from the Pokemon games. You would think they figured out that 10 year olds are going to constantly foil their plans.

Day 07 - Favourite game couple.
    AerithZack from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Their love is just...so pure.

Day 08 - Best soundtrack.
    Any Silent Hill or Final Fantasy game. I can't really choose between Akira Yamaoka and Nobuo Uematsu.

Day 09 - Saddest game scene.
    Spoiler:

Day 10 - Best game play.
    Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time. I love the free battle style it has for an RPG.

For the previous Generation it would have to be the playstation 2. Now it would be the XBOX360.

Day 12 - A game everyone should play.
    Either Silent Hill or Okage: Shadow King.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I would have to say the SNES. My favorite games are on this system, so if I could only have one system, this would definitely be it. :D

Super Mario World! :D The level design is unique, the controls are fun, the music is catchy. This was my first game, and I recommend this to anyone who hasn't played it already.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I would have to say the SNES. My favorite games are on this system, so if I could only have one system, this would definitely be it. :D

Super Mario World! :D The level design is unique, the controls are fun, the music is catchy. This was my first game, and I recommend this to anyone who hasn't played it already.

^THIS. Super Mario world like MADE my childhood. But now onto my choice.

Okami - PS2/Wii - Preferably the PS2 one since it's a bit easier to play and less frustrating. But this game is a thing of beauty. The graphics are unique. I haven't seen another game outside of Okami/Okamiden that had graphics like this. The story is amazing and the music just makes this game as amazing as it is. Definitely an example of video game art anyone should experience.

Spoiler:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I pick Nintendo DS since it's the only gaming console that I have. :/

This might be a stretch but... Pokemon. It's one of the better RPGS that's really suitable for all ages! 999 or Time Hollow comes in second that generally introduces you to game novels.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 12 - A game everyone should play

Mario Kart DS: If this hypothetical person has never played a Mario Kart game before, this is the one they have to check out. The best tracks, the best gameplay, the best graphics relative to the gaming system its on... one of the most fun games I've ever had the joy to play. It even combines the best tracks from previous games, so it's like about five games in one. Brilliant!

Years
  • Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times.
    Humm, there have been a few. Tales of Symphonia, Silent Hill 2, Dragon Warrior Monsters, Pokemon Silver, Fifa '11 (career mode with different people). They are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head, but I think there are more.​

Back