• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming PC Challenge - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 09 - Saddest game scene.

Red Dead Redemption: Ending scene of the mission - "The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed".

A little more info...

Spoilers Alert - Red Dead Redemption Ending.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 9

Only one that I can think of is the ending to Shadow of the Colossus, only played that recently, Captain Fabio already put a spoiler in his post about it, so read about it there.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I'm going to ry to do this daily, and I'm going to catch up.

Day 1- Pokemon Silver
    I remember the good old days when Pokemon was actually well designed instead of using the same ideas over and over. Also, I loved my Noctowl.

Day 2- Diddy Kong
    He shoots peanuts, make people slip on bananas, and rides on Donkey Kong's back. And he's tiny :)

Day 3- Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
    I have to say, I loved beating the crap out of people with Itachi. So what if the last mission of the campaign is impossible...

Day 4- Rockband 3
    Well, I have no idea what a "guilty" pleasure game is, but my sister's room is above the Wii room, and she always yells at me for being loud, so I guess that's guilty :)

Day 5- CAPTAIN. FREAKIN'. FALCON
    FALCON PAAAWWNCH!!! Enough said...

Day 6- Baby Daisy in Mario Kart Wii
    Every time I'm on Moonview Highway, I drive perfect. I never hit a car, truck, or bomb. Then Baby Daisy speeds up and blows up every bomb on the road, and I drop to like 10th place. And she has a weird accent.

Day 7- Luigi and Peach
    C'mon, give the poor guy a chance. I think they should do a Mario game where Mario is the bad guy and Luigi saves Peach. I'd play it :)

Day 8- Pokemon XD, Gale of Darkness
    Idk, I just loved the music when I played it. Then again, I was pretty young and the only reason I played was for Lugia...

Day 9- Super Smash Bros Brawl, when everyone gets frozen.
    I was stuck on this one. But I felt so bad for everyone when they came all that way to defeat the Subspace and then Tabuu with like no energy beats everyone.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 10 - Best game play.

Tales of Symphonia
    Good amount of cut scenes, great character selection, good combat system, LOTS of sidequests and subevents, many different endings (though admittedly the same format), a bit long (but I prefer longer games to short ones), the list goes on. Though the plot can get really corny and cliched, the gameplay REALLY made this game.
    Spoiler:

Years
    Sorry for the delay, a lot of things happening my end.

Day 10 - Best Game Play
    I would also have to say ToS. It just flows really nicely in my opinion, but Silent Hill 2 was also a good one, however, the controls are a little rubbish haha. So that is why ToS pips it to the post.​

Years
    Sorry for the delay, a lot of things happening my end.

Day 10 - Best Game Play
    I would also have to say ToS. It just flows really nicely in my opinion, but Silent Hill 2 was also a good one, however, the controls are a little rubbish haha. So that is why ToS pips it to the post.​

Years
    Day 09 - Saddest game scene
    Pffft, no idea. I need to play more RPGs the the likes apparently. Maybe when in Anstoss 3 (some football manager game), my team I had brought up all the way from the lowest league in the game was relegated out of the highest league when I thought it was solidifying there and in the next year it was down to just four players because the contracts were first league only which allowed me to pay lower wages instead. All these players being heartless and actually leaving saddened me.

Day 10 - Best game play
    Ouf, again I have no idea. No objective one at least. Which makes this pretty much the same as "your favorite game". But, in order not to repeat myself, I am not going to say Heroes of Might and Magic III again, but listing my second favorite here, Civilization IV. I love turn-based games, I lobe the idea of building up empires, I love the way the game executes it, I love the AI personalities, I love killing people with Horse Archer spam...

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Day 10 - Best Game Play
    Ōkami - PS2 - Seriously, this game will probably pop up on my list A LOT... Beautiful flow, and, in terms of the PS2 version, amazing control and easy doings. The wii version is way finicky controlwise and thus isn't up there with the PS2 one

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Day 10 - Best game play
    I've always thought that a game with good gameplay, in which I mean how you play the game in itself was something like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Dreamcast, Gamecube). I loved the gameplay for this, as there was lots of it, not to mention quite a decent 3D Sonic game. There was your standard Sonic-style gameplay, along with fighting robots as Tails and Eggman, not to mention Racing, and Treasure Hunting with Knuckles and Rouge. Sure the camera wasn't the best ever, but just the amount of things to do in the game is amazing. :D

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 10 - Best game play.

That is a really tough one. I can't pick one but I would like to pick two. Those two are Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Red Dead Redemption, both published by Rockstar Games.

They both have a great story to them. GTA Vice City features the bright lights and lifestyle of the 80's while Red Dead goes back to the good ol' wild wild west. I really enjoyed the main characters and supporting characters and was really happy with them overall

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I wanna catch up. It is still possible? Oh well.

Day 01 - Your first video game
    My first video game is Pokemon Emerald. I saw my friend playing Pokemon at school when I was in sixth grade, and fell in love with it. I asked my dad to buy me Pokemon, any Pokemon, as long as it's a Pokemon game that day. I got my wished that year on my birthday. :D

Day 02 - Your favourite character
    This.. this is hard. It really is, but I'd say that my favorite character would be... the Protagonist for Devil Survivor. Hehe, sorry, but I don't currently have any favorite at the moment but the MC in Devil Survivor is awesome.

Day 03 - A game that is underrated.
    Devil Survivor is DEFINITELY underrated. I mean, come on! People should know it! I mean, it's so coool, the gameplay, the characters, the story, the multiple endings, the artwork!! Time Hollow is also quite nice. The story I mean, but it's replay value is... not very good.

Day 04 - Your guilty pleasure game.
    Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. Um, you're thinking whaaaat? yeah, yeah! I still love Yu-gi-oh and trading card games, do you have any problem with that?

Day 05 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
    I feel mostly like Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You. I'm emo like that. I don't get people, never have, never will. I'd want to be MC from Devil Survivor, too. Look wise and headphone wise, anyway.

Day 06 - Most annoying character.
    Joshua from The World Ends With You. I don't know why girls love him, but I find him to be a pain the buttocks. I certainly did not trust him in the beginning and I certainly wont trust him now. I also don't like that Math-freak. Seriously, he's just a whacked out handsome weirdo. <_<

Day 07 - Favourite game couple.
    Junpei x June in 999. I mean, COME ON! if you didn't play the game, you wouldn't get it. It's also sad that despite what Junpei had gone through for June, it was never meant to be since the Word of God says that Junpei never met June ever again after the Nonary Game. Quite sad... Neku x Shiki from TWEWY comes from second!

Day 08 - Best soundtrack.
    the WORLD ENDS WITH YOU SOUNDTRACK. I mean, a japanese pop song, rock song as an OST? Really. best. Soundtrack. Ever. Pokemon Black and White comes in second.

The World Ends With With You. There's a lot. Spoilers alert to people. When Rhyme sacrificed herself for Beat, Shiki's confession, Beat's background, Neku's story in Another Day. Although I say TWEWY too much, it's just that good of a game for me. Though I'm not a total fan boy over it. Another mention: POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON SERIES. There's a lot, and I mean, A LOT, of sad game scenes. T________________T

Day 10 - Best game play.
    This is actually quite hard, but 999: nine persons, nine hours, nine doors for me. I mean, it's simple and sweet, and not irritating and confusing and mind blowing like some other game *coughDisgaeaDScough*

Although you might say I'm simple minded... yeah, you're right.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Day 08 - Best soundtrack.

So many games have an awesome soundtrack but I loved TWEWY sondtrack. It was awesome loved all the songs in that one.

Easy choice here for me. The ending of FFX, I jsut wish they didn't ruin it with X-2. lol

Day 10 - Best Game Play

Really hard choice because for meevery game has bad parts to it but for me the smothest one i fiubd that didn't have bad camera angles was Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Just never had a problem at all with that game and how it played.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 10 - Best game play

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (Nintendo DS): When I bought these games, I'd been through a 4-5 year Pokemon hiatus. Like, completely. And yet when I sat down to play SoulSilver, the game play just brought me straight back into the world. Better yet, it improved on all the niggles and problems I'd experienced in previous generations, and made excellent use of the touch screen without making it the focus of the entire game.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Day 10 - Best game play

Roller Coaster Tycoon. The original game for the PC was simple, rewarding, and entertaining to see and play. Even though sandbox mode was missing, you create an amusement park any way you see fit and see how many people you can get, scariest ride you can create, or even kill your patrons in a horrible fiery ball of death.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 10

I was thinking more Mario or Zelda at first, but after a bit of a think, I came to the decision of Resident Evil 4, because of how it revolutionised a series and in turn a genre, but also just because of how fun it made the game. Brilliant decision to leave behind the dated game play from the first 3 games and completely revamp the gameplay system. Shame Resident Evil 5 was a total joke, let's hope Revelations can save the series once again.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Day 10 - Best Gameplay

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: I love this game. :D I like the battles, I love the method of learning abilities, I love the job system, I actually even like the method of obtaining new equipment (which most people complain about)! I can always go back to this game for some fun, even if it is just for a quick battle.

Last edited:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.

Graaah~ so hard. I know it's definitely Nintendo. I'll go with my three favourites:

Nintendo DS (I play DS games a lot of the time)

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (my all-time favourite game is on this platform)

Spoiler:

Wii (backwards compatibility with GameCube games and has some nice stuff itself).

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.

The Gameboy for me. It's small, portable, and had fun casual games you could jump in and out of.

Back