• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming V2

Years
    Going to skip the last few days since I don't really have an answer for them.

Day 8-Best soundtrack

Oi...that's a tie between Final Fantasy IX, Fallout 3, and Pokemon R/B/Y for me. Mostly for nostalgia reasons, though.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 8 - Best soundtrack

That's easy — Secret of Mana, no competition. I'll admit that Brawl is an honourable mention, but that's merely because it has numerous remixes of already popular songs. Hell, there are even some original soundtracks tossed into the mix, giving it quite the upper hand.

Anyhow, the music in Secret of Mana is beyond breathtaking. There is more emotion within the songs of this masterpiece than with any other game I have played in my life. Its quality is superb, but I suppose that only could have been expected from Square composers in the early 90's era.

Secret of Mana's soundtrack touched my heart in a way that no other game has come close to. Whether you're a fan of RPGs or not, this game's music is reason enough to play it.

Last edited:

Signal : Zero

>Insert witty title here<
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Day 8 - Best Soundtrack

None, I always play with music off, it bugs me and throw my concentration off
    And when I can't turn it off, I put it very, very low

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Day 8 - Best Soundtrack

I think my favourite game soundtrack is Chrono Trigger's. I think it's objectively one of the best, too. I hadn't even played the game before the DS port came out but every single song, as I played through it, sounded so nostalgic to me. I listen to the soundtrack fairly often and I love every song on it. I also love listening to essentially all of the various remixes out there.

Aside from that, my favourite soundtracks are probably Kingdom Hearts (specifically BBS and Re:COM), Final Fantasy (VII and X), The World Ends With You, Okami, Ace Attorney, Nier, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Braid, Cave Story, and Professor Layton (the first game, mainly). And Plants vs Zombies. I... uhh... really like game music.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    DAMN YOU BORING QUESTIONS

Day 8 - Best soundtrack

Let's see...I love all of them if I care enough to listen.

Zelda. The Minish Cap specifically...the "Indoors" theme is just so happy <3

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Day 7 - Favourite game couple

I don't know. I can't think of any game couple that is my favorite...

Day 8 - Best Soundtrack

I can't pick one, because there are too many great game soundtracks so i'll list some of my favorites:

• Final Fantasy: The Crystal Chronicles
    • Lost Kingdoms II
    • Metal Gear Solid series
    • Devil May Cry 3

Years
    Day 8 - Best Soundtrack:
    This is a difficult one. Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations would probably be mine.

Bastion's guitar work is just beautiful, too. "In Case of Trouble" and Zia's theme. :D

That's a tough decision.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Boy, I'm a bit behind...

Day 5 - Game character you feel you're most like

This is normally where I say, I haven't a clue, but I actually think I do this time. Most probably Falco from Star Fox, due to a display of arrogance sometimes, but sometimes it is justifiable (he really is a skilled pilot)

Day 6 - Most annoying character
    I love Navi, so it's not her. So ha, all you haters. Instead, the character I find most annoying is Tails from the Sonic series. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but his voice in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes grates on me after a while. Don't really know why.

Day 7 - Favorite game couple
    Anju ad Kafei from Majora's Mask
    . You feel for them, as so much misfortune folows them in the game, him being turned into a child by Skull Kid, and the fact their wedding was the day when the apocalypse was about to happen. I remember feeling joy when I did their quest, and then they just sat there, saying they are happy together, and that the end of the world was no longer important to them. If I could feel horror just from reading that, then they worked.

Day 8 - Favourite Soundtrack
    I'm tempted again to go Majora's Mask, but I'd be lying if I said it was my favourite all time soundtrack. Whilst it is good, I feel it does not compare to the music from the Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic series. Some of the best music there, especially the sense of epicness in some of the fight music (such as Vs Malek in the final battle, one of the greatest scores ever, and the music on Peragus really did creep me out, which was right considering you were watched by malfunctioning robots and both Sith and robot Assassins).

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Day 6: Most annoying Character

Mario. I really hate his voice. Whenever I play his games I just can't have the sound on because it drives me so mad.

Day 7: Favourite Game couple

Has to be Tidus and Yuna. Loved their relationship through the game and the final conclusion to it. taking out X-2 ofcourse.

Day 8: Favourite soundtrack.

Have to go with final fantasy X again. I love the soundtrack to this game. I have listened to it so many times. The orchestral music used is amazing and works well within the game.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Day 4: Favorite Guilty Pleasure Game
    I don't really have any, but if I had to pick, Love Hina for the GBA. I found it, played it, and strangely I liked it, and I don't even watch the show.

Day 5: Video Game Character You Feel You Are Most Like
    Godot from Phoenix Wright, mainly because we both pull anecdotes out of thin air and make convoluted statements, among other things.

Day 6: Most Annoying Video Game Character
    The dubbed Fuuka from Persona 3. She makes me want to rip my ears out and eat them, good God. Rarely do I need an undub, but this is definitely one of those cases.

Day 7: Favorite Video Game Couple
    Don't have one.

Day 8: Favorite Soundtrack
    That's a tough one. I guess right now I'd have to say it's Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith or Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom. Behind that would probably be Chrono Trigger, Trials and Tribulations, and Pokemon GSC (off the top of my head).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Day 7
    Favourite game couple? Hmm... Link and Marin from Link's Awakening. Or something. I don't know. I don't care much.

Day 8
    I think Banjo-Kazooie. The soundtrack is huge and varied and fills me with nostalgia.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Day 7
    Can we make our own fantasy relationships? Cause I definitely think that Master Chief and Samus would go OFF! They clearly were made for each other!

Day 8
    Mother 3. I had the best experience playing this game, and it's sounds left me stunned. Especially the way the music was so heavily involved in the games combat, I loved it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Day 1 - Your First Video Game:

I don't really remember the VERY first, per se. Might be duck hunt, though. Or maybe contra. Who knows? I had fun with them, though. Quite a lot. :)

Day 2 - Your favorite character:

Dante from Devil May Cry series. He's cool enough to help a woman who tried to kill him a few moments before. Nuff said.

DMC3 Dante:
    Spoiler:

DMC4 Dante:
    Spoiler:

..guess not. Gotta say something moar: It isn't that I only like the old dante. I like the new one too. He's cool, cocky and knows his stuff. That's a badass right there. But yeah, he still can't match the epicness that was Dante (especially in DMC3). <3;

New Dante (DmC: Devil May Cry):
    Spoiler:

Day 3 - A game that is underrated:
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. This game might've sold like hot cakes, but I'm sure many agree it was a disappointment as far as MGS fans are concerned. But I loved it anyway. Raiden was a great addition and I liked every aspect of this game. Yeah, even the convoluted story. Tbh, that was my fave part about this game. The story. I've only played MGS1 and MGS2 till date and
    I find MGS2's story better than that of the first game. 2's plot was much more thought provoking, imo.

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game:

I guess it has to be pokemon. My friends don't know I play it except one guy and I find myself going back to the series every time a new game is released. <3;

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were):

Spoiler:

If I could be like a character, I'd have been like Vergil. Dante's awesome, no doubt, but Vergil's ability to keep composure in every situation and the fact that he's actually much more powerful than Dante makes me wish I could be him. Yeah, I know that Dante defeats him and all that but you gotta be serious - It takes 10 seconds to kill a demon when playing with Vergil while Dante takes almost double or triple that time to kill the very same guy. It is just that the game HAD to follow "GOOD ALWAYS WINS OVER EVIL" saying otherwise I'm sure Vergil might've kicked Dante's ass any day. ;P

Day 6 - Most annoying character:

Honestly? The guy our protagonist saves from the Ho house in Saints Row The Third. He sings every dialogue whenever I talk to him. EVERY FRIGGIN DIALOGUE. I wish I could punch him in his face so that he'll have the courtesy to talk in a normal manner with the Boss of all Saints! >:U

Day 7 - Favorite game couple:

Hmm, Dante and Lady, I guess? The relationship they shared in DMC3 was a sweet one. I always secretly wished they'd end up together. Trish, Lady and Dante DO mostly stay together later in their life so I guess that's alright. :P

Also, Tifa and Cloud are hot. They look couple material to me. (Haven't really played FFVII)

Day 8 - Best soundtrack:

Devil May Cry (Haven't played it but the soundtrack is amazing.)
    Devil May Cry 2 (Same as 1.)
    Super Meat Boy (The boss tracks in this game were awesome.)
    Silent Hill 3 (The sound effects are really well done here. They'd freak anyone out.)

Years
    Day 9 - Saddest game scene:
    Shadow of the Colossus wins this one. I was so gutted when 'IT' happened. :(
    I am not going to ruin it for people but yeh, this moment in the game broke me. :(​

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years

This...I'll have to think about a bit. None of the games I've played really had any scenes which moved me. Guess I'll have to say the death of my Krogan friend Wrex in ME one counts. But I didn't really feel moved from within, y'know?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ff time to play catch-up.

Day 6 - Most annoying character:
    I think... this will have to go to Chocolat from Tales of Symphonia. Enemies aside her whole attitude bothered the hell out of me and to be quite honest I wouldn't have minded just leaving her at the Iselia Ranch. But eh. There would have been a bit of a difference plotwise if she wasn't rescued huh? Ah, I'm sure they could have found some alternate way to do the whole thing at Iselia. idk.

There are others but she was the first I could think of.​

Day 7 - Favorite game couple:
    Oh geesh. Uh. Genis x Mithos. I'm way too lazy to put an explanation down right now (probably if I was caught up with this ahhh) but while I would never ever ship them past the fluff level it's cute okay.

Then insert a lot of the other pairings I support here at honorable mentions pft.​

Day 8 - Best soundtrack:
    - Pokemon GSC
    - Tales Of
    - Ace Attorney Series

I haven't played too many games (why am I doing this 30 days thing pft) but... yeah. Music from video games are quite lovely.​

Spoiler:

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 9 - Saddest game scene

Odds are this will end up being the hardest question for me to answer. If I had to say, I suppose it would have to be Luke's downfall with Akzeriuth in Tales of the Abyss. To be fair, he didn't have any reason to distrust Van at that particular point in time, other than the grumblings about the secrecy of his master plan and how he is a traitor from a girl whom he barely knew. Alongside that, the depth of sorrow is emotionally present through Luke's bawling. You can't help but feel sorry for him, especially since all of his friends bashed him for it prior to abandoning him. That said, I suppose it was beneficial in the long run as it was the contributing factor in Luke changing for the better.

That being my decision, I feel these other two are very honourable mentions:

- Your Pokémon's death in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time
    - Adam Malkovich's sacrifice in Metroid: Other M

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
    Years

EVERYTHING PAST CHAPTER 15 AND SPECIAL EPISODES IN PMD :'(

I think it's at the end of Spirit Tracks. I have no idea really, but it's just...so cool...not to mention the colors.

In all honesty though nothing is particularly sad for me...

Signal : Zero

>Insert witty title here<
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012

I don't know, I've almost never really went through a game to the end, and in the ones I did, I always skipped through cutscenes, so none?

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 10 - Best gameplay

Super Mario Galaxy 2, hands down. It was quite impressive how Nintendo managed to improve what little flaws the first game had, and it was certainly worthy of making it have one of the best control schemes ever to have been seen in a video game.

Back