• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming V2

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game
    I'm just going to make this easy on my and say the Pokemon games as well. Though I'm honestly sure that there is a better game that actually fits this spot I can't really think of it right now so Pokemon would just have to do. Reasons sort of like what some people have said above I suppose?

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were)
    I CAN NEVER EVER ANSWER THIS QUESTION. No lie. Whenever a question like this pops up I never know how to answer it. That said I... don't know how to answer this question! I'm fairly certain that I am a mix of several characters but I can never pinpoint just one I am most like. Not too sure who I wish I was either.

/FAILS AT ANSWERING THIS QUESTION. MOVE ON.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The character I feel like I can relate to the most nowadays would have to be Niko Bellic from GTA 4. Mostly because he's ruthless yet quick witted when it comes to his lines of work, he always has something interesting to talk about even when being shot at while smuggling god knows what he keeps under the hood of the car he just stole, and so many other reasons I can't even begin to list down right now lol.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't think I'm like any character. So... there you go. Short answer today.

I've also grown lazy of writing which day it is in bold.

Eternal Darkness

Master of Tartarus
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    Day 4: My guilty pleasure game would be Gotham City Impostors.

I can play goofy FPS, too.

Day 5:
    I would say I am most like is Junpei Iori in real life when I'm not working and internet me being...

I don't know, actually.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 05

Yeah, I don't think I can answer this one either. Most video game characters usually fall under a certain archetype, and I can't even recall one lazy character, which happens to be my biggest flaw. :P Well, maybe Raven from Tales of Vesperia, but that's more like a facade if anything.

Years
    Day 6 - Most annoying character:

30 Days of Gaming V2

Out of all the years I have played games, I still can't find someone who is more annoying than Navi. That little thing caused many rages at the TV and when you have already played the game and you are replaying, ultimate rage.​

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Mind if I join?

Day 1 - Your First Video Game:
    Probably Chrono Trigger. My cousin got it when I was like 4, in like 1997 I believe? He was 8 and I respected him hugely not only for being a big kid, but because he let me help him play this awesome game. My parents bought me a SNES (even though it was late into it's life) and this game like a year later. Yeah I struggled with it at first, I was like 5, and I only finished it when I was 7-8. What of it?

Day 2 - Your favorite character:
    Probably a tie between Frog from Chrono Trigger, and Sain from Fire Emblem. Frog, mainly for nostalgic purposes, and I used to crap myself laughing at the fact that he was a frog with armour, and Sain because he's a totally suave lady's man, and also one of the strongest late game characters!

Day 3 - A game that is underrated:
    No More Heroes 1 and 2 for the Wii. It's a totally awesome combination of GTA with lightsabers, cool weapons, and amazing boss fights. There's probably better ways to describe it, but it's totally awesome.

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game:
    Maplestory for sure. My friends and I all used to play it when we were like 13, but then we all thought it was pretty lame after a while, and now I'm 18 and some thread on PC convinced me to play again. Yup.

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were):
    Sain from Fire Emblem for sure. I pull all the ladies with my horse, lance and smooth talking.

Sonic. I haaaaaaaaaaate him, and his 'catchy phrases', his voice acting. I just hate him so much, and it doesn't help that my younger brother is a crazy Sonic fanatic.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 6 - Most annoying character

Fi from Skyward Sword. I was simply astounded by how much she came out of Link's swords throughout the game — and for the most outrageous reasons, no less. The way she sounded also drove me nuts!

Years

30 Days of Gaming V2

Out of all the years I have played games, I still can't find someone who is more annoying than Navi. That little thing caused many rages at the TV and when you have already played the game and you are replaying, ultimate rage.​

I disagree....

Day 6 - Most annoying character: Kaepora Gaebora - Zelda: OoT (a.k.a. The Owl

Spoiler:

Okay, so he's probably not that annoying, but compared to Navi, it's bland and useless info that (most importantly) stop Link dead in his tracks for a few hours while you listen. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Navi is fun to hate because everyone recognizes the high-pitched "HEY LISTEN" but honestly, she's not that annoying. o_O; You can ignore her messages pretty easily and they don't come up as often as the internet jokes they do. Unless they changed that in OoT3D, I always found her really tolerable.

I'm gonna go with Rochelle in Left 4 Dead 2. I'm not a big fan of the characters in the second game. I don't find them as interesting and MY GOD IS ROCHELLE ANNOYING. Her voice bugs me, her stupid puns bug me ("let me ~~~axe~~~ you a question!") and every time she goes down, I can never hear my teammates over her annoying screams. >:( My friends and I make fun of her death flails a lot so it's become more of a joke than anything but my god I find her so annoying. I just don't like her at all.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Could say Pikachu or Red for this one, but just so all of mine aren't Pokemon related...

Normal-mode (i.e., not Ratatosk-mode) Emil from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
    Seriously, Emil is just so whiny and indecisive for the vast majority of the game, and I just can't stand his whiny voice, or his inability to make choices unless forced to by other characters. I mean, and you have to play as this person. Just... ugh...

TY

THE most annoying character must be the Juggernauts from MW2 (not MW3, they suck at MW3)
    Almost unbeatable, unless you pierce them with 15 Barrett bullets...
    The guy kills me the whole time when i try to aim at him...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 6

We actually had a thread on this topic not too long ago. Emil from ToS2 was and still is my answer. I can deal with him repeating that corny "line" over and over again, but his personality was just unbearable; constantly complaining and apologizing. His female companion isn't really much better either. :/

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were)

I honestly can't answer this question because I don't know a character who matches my personality. I don't even have any character who I would like to be similar to.

A.I Partners in Video Games

Not only are they clueless in what is going on, but they will occasionally do things you don't want them to do. Even though not every game's AI is flawed, most games I play have the most stupid bots ever. One instance was when I was playing on the hardest difficulty with my friend, we were behind cover and one of the bots decided to go out in the open and get killed. Then my friend was shooting the enemy, and what happens? The other AI teammate runs in front of his shots and gets killed by him... Nothing is more frustrating than AI teammates. (To me at least)

Years
    Day 7 - Favorite game couple:

Ico and Yorda are my choice. The game Ico is adorable and it is matched by these two lovely people. I can't explain how they are, just play the game, as you have no excuse now since it has been released in HD.​

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 7 - Favourite game couple

I'd be lying if I said there's been a lot of games I've played in which there are couples, but I guess I'll go with Cecil and Rosa from Final Fantasy IV. At first when playing the game their relationship is quite complicated what with all the wreaking havoc and what-not, but later on I'd say the two of them come along quite nicely. Perhaps even more-so in The After Years, which I have yet to play.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Day 7 - Favourite game couple

Aaaand now my creepy comes out. Sorry. I ship weird things.

My OTP in all everything is Marluxia/Axel from Kingdom Hearts. I ship it in pretty much every way possible, be it as casual acquaintances who never talk to each other, to close friends, to fake!romantic, to hatesex. I wish they had more scenes together because I find the interactions that they do have to be very interesting. :x I especially like the rivalry they have going on by the end of Chain of Memories and I think if Marluxia ever comes back into the series, especially after some of the events in KH3D, things could get really interesting. :> My second favourite pairing is Marluxia/Namine which is entirely based on him being creepy and controlling, so I think the former is decidedly more "normal".

Definite honourable mention goes to Jade Curtiss and Anise Tatlin from Tales of the Abyss. I think they go well together in a lot of different ways. Their friendship is adorable and I love how much they tease everyone else in the party, but more than that, I think their fighting styles are really compatible too. Neither of them can heal, which is the only downside, but they're both really adept spellcasters and they can hold their own in a physical fight too. So one can tank fairly well while the other casts and vice versa. Anise can cast the elements that Jade can't and they just complement each other really well. They were kind of the greatest team ever in Tales of VS, moreso than pretty much every other pair I had to use in the plot. :> The only thing that made things awkward was how the game handled stats and weapons (which made Anise a worse physical fighter and Jade a worse spellcaster) but on the whole they were still amazing together.

Signal : Zero

>Insert witty title here<
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Day 1 - Your first videogame

I'm not really sure about this one, I think it was a Mickey game on Mega drive. Never got to far into it though :(

Day 2 - Your favorite character

I guess it'd be Naomi Kimishima from Trauma Team, she seems really chill, and she's really smart, she's a bit awkward and stiffly but she has a nice side. And teh way she toys with Navel is unbelievable

Day 3 - A game that's underrated

I guess it'd be Battle & Get : Typing DS; despite being childish and Japanese only it's still a bit fun, and its simplicity makes it worth it
    I remember struggling for getting certain medals, it was fun overall

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game

The above one (Battle & Get), from all games I play, that's the last one I'd ever admit playing

Day 5 - Game character you feel you're most like

I don't know ... Maybe Navel from Trauma Team? I try to please those around me but I'm toyed around? (Very broad interpretation of him, but works for me)

Navi, anybody that ever played Ocarina of Time can relate to this, she's always talking, and it's always obvious
    It's like, only useful, once in a lifetime

Day 7 - Favorite game couple

I don't have one, I don't really do shipping, but if I have to pick ... maybe Link x Malon from OoT? Because Zelda is quite bland, and Malon is so sweet :3

Years
    Day 8 - Best soundtrack

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I DON'T KNOW! D:
    I love Shadow of the Colossus's OST and Final Fantasy always have beautiful soundtracks. But then I love Fallout 3 and its retro music and ... CAN'T DECIDE.​

Back