• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming V2

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Day 2 - Your favorite character

If I had to choose a favourite character ever and could only pick one, it'd be Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts. I didn't like him at first but he's really grown on me since then and I find him really interesting. He doesn't have a whole lot of face time so I imagine a lot of the reason I like him is head-canon and just having RP'd him for years but I still get really excited over the idea of him being in the series again, and that seems like a legitimate possibillity now. Honourable mention goes to Aqua (Kingdom Hearts) because she's amazing, Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You) because pi, and Jade Curtiss (Tales of the Abyss) because snark. :D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Day 2
    Red. When I first played through Pokemon Blue, I was the Pokemon Trainer. Sure, its a silent protagonist, but it worked well enough. I trade who I wanted and came up with my team. I'd come home from school and catch and train. Then I'd go back to school the next day and battle a friend with my newfound additions. It was great experience and I felt like my in-game character was growing.

The same could be said I guess about Sheppard in the Mass Effect games. I like how you form this character in your image across three games.

So, in short, I guess my favourite character is me XD

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 2

Even with all the games I've played, no one immediately comes to mind. Though if I had to choose someone, it'd probably be Yuri from Shadow Hearts 1/2. Aside from his personality and design, the guy just has a cool aura about him. Not to mention he's got a sweet fusion ability, and a deep fleshed-out story over 2 games.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Day 2 - Your favorite character

... Just one? Well... if I had to choose just one I suppose it would have to be Mithos Yggdrasill from Tales of Symphonia. I love Red, but I love his Pokemon Special version of him so much more than the game version. Lloyd I suppose could be there with Mithos but that's just it. My favorite characters are both from the same game with other favorites from other games tossed around here and there (Guy from Tales of the Abyss). But... yeah. If I had to go with one I'm going to choose Mithos.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Day 2 - Your favourite character

For me it would have to be Samus Aran. In terms of combat she is superior to just about every member of the Galactic Federation, not to mention she has saved the potential destruction of numerous planets in the galaxy. I also love how there is so much back-story associated with her character. For those of you who don't know, I'm talking about her:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    Since the day cut off is 00:00 (UTC+1), it is already Day 3

A game that is underrated:

That's a hard one ... I guess, it would be Picross (3D), the puzzles are fun, a bit hard and it makes you stop to think but it (like many puzzle games) unfortunately never had its boom of popularity

Years
  • Day 2- Your favorite video game character

Hmm, this is a tough one. I guess I'll go with the main character of Dragon Quest V. Despite him being a silent protagonist, the game makes it pretty clear that, despite all the crap he goes through, he stays strong and continues on his quest, even when he's given multiple opportunities to give up. Also, because he is a silent protagonist, by the time you get to the end of the game you feel that everything that happened to him happened to you- everything just feels so personal, and I can't think of a silent protagonist that has yet to pull that off to the degree that this guy does.

EDIT: Er, crap. Well I'll just leave this here and continue on-

Day 3- A game that is underrated.

Thinking this up real quick- Digimon World 1. Possibly because they didn't keep the brilliant formula for this for the rest of the series, this game really deserved. Probably one of the better 'breeding' games I've played, if not the best.

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Day 3 - A game that is underrated

Hm, I think I'll go with... The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I think the reason for this is because people don't give the touch screen controls a chance and find them overly complex their first time playing. Another factor in such a controversial opinion is the tedious train rides, which quite frankly I don't understand as the sailing in The Wind Waker was far worse, and that game is — needless to say — praised amongst Zelda fans.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Day 2: Mao from Disgeae. Love the comedy and personality of him.

Day 3: brave Story new Traveller. I never hear anyone talk about this RPG for the psp but its a very good solid game. I love pretty much everything about this game. Great Characters, Good battles, Good skills, and good story.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Day 2 - Your Favorite Character
    I'm not sure, but off of the top of my head it would probably be Godot from Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. His sharp wit, convoluted anecdotes, and complex backstory paired with his unique appearance and very cool-yet-humble attitude make him such an interesting character.

Day 3 - A Game that is Underrated
    I don't know where to start. Inazuma Eleven is an amazing DS series, and Inazuma Eleven 2 is one of the best games on the system, yet it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. But, if I keep going I'll just list an endless amount of games, so I'll pick what I think to be the most underrated game of all time...okay, actually I don't remember that one, so I'll say what I think it is, and that's Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. Good God is this game a gem, so many hours I've put into this game, so much genius and so much content, plus it has great music, AMAZING Voice Acting and Script Writing and people just pass it off as some Dynasty Warriors rehash (which is a great series, buy the way; if Call of Duty Rehashed games like Dynasty Warriors did with it's non-main games after 4 (barring 5 Empires or 6 Empires- one of them, not both) then it might still be a good series and I might actually have a little more respect for it) and give it some generic score without even considering what it does well. Play it. Buy it. You won't regret it.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years

My favorite character would have to be Neku from The World Ends With You, although I've never finished the game. I just love his attitude which makes me smile a bit.

Basing from my experience, HALO 3 ODST. I've only ever played it twice with my cousin, but it was a pretty fun game, and everybody I know either hates it or just doesn't want to play it. I admit I'm terrible at these FPS games, but this one was more enjoyable than others. Also, the PMD series. Seriously, I look at the Spin-off section of this forum and I'm like, "Really?" The PMD series had the best music and the best story of the whole Pokemon series. For me, this is better than the gameplay itself.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Day 2 - Your favorite video game character

My favorite video game character is Dante from the Devil May Cry series because he always knows how to get the job done in such awesome ways. He also has an interesting personality, and being half demon and half human is just amazing.

Day 3 - A game that is underrated

One game I loved playing and was very underrated was Lost Kingdoms II on the Gamecube. It is a sequel to the original Lost Kingdoms game, and I think it's successor did a great job with everything from gameplay elements, to the sounds and music, and the environments. The story wasn't too memorable, but everything else made up for it.

Another game is Final Fantasy The Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube. It was different from most FF games, and it did not meet very many expectations, but the game itself was great. The only real problem I had was the inability to play with friends unless they had a Gameboy Advance or SP with a special cord that attached to a slot in the gamecube, but besides that, everything else about the game is great.

I only listed two, but I know plenty of underrated games, though I won't list any more.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 3

Both Baten Kaitos games for the Gamecube were and still are pretty underrated. That game had some pretty awesome design to it; with some of the cities being the most imaginative I've seen in any game. Story in both were engaging, and while the card battle system can take awhile to get use (especially in the second game) it's pretty fast flowing and fun.

Years
  • Day 3: A game that is underrated

Shadow of the Colossus. I don't know many people that have actually played this game. It is one of the most beautiful and well developed games I have played and I love it so.​

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years

SO ZETTA SLOW

I think a certain staff member will be happy to know that my favourite video game character is Sho Minamimoto from TWEWY. When I first saw him I just assumed he was going to another one of Square's loud mouths who I normally find very annoying. However as story went on and as I saw more of Sho I began to realise Sho was a crazy genius, everything action he made would make you dumbfounded but everything he did made sense in that crazy head of his. He was also so different from what you'd expect from him, he looks like a typical thug in a video game but then you find out that he's actually an obsessive mathematician. Even his death was actually all planned by him and he planned it well since I honestly didn't feel like he was pulling any punches. Sho's existence in TWEWY just completely overshadows the other two Game Masters to the extent that he actually comes back as an intruder and attacks you in the middle of another GM's game.

Final Fantasy X-2 is truly underrated game in my opinion. It's prequel FFX seemed like a good game on the surface but if you carefully take another look at it you start find a lot of flaws with the game and it just loses its lustre. FFX-2 on the other hand looks like utter crap at first sight with the downgraded graphics, god awful voice acting in both the Japanese and English versions, a terrible plot and extremely boring missions that you'll need to do if you're a completionist. However if you look at this carefully instead of finding flaws you find that it has a lot of good points including the return of the ATB system, a new and intuitive job change system, a balanced out damage system and very reasonable length boss fights. The game also introduced the skip scene function to the series and it included a New Game+ feature which offered players a chance to dissect the game thoroughly. Once you learn to skip through all the horrible cut scenes this game becomes hours of fun, also it features Paine.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Day 3
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. Sure, it sounds a bit like a Disney Channel show but it is a great game. A fine example of how a PC-style point-and-click adventure game could play to the Wii's strengths. Unfortunately a sequel never came to pass. Or any others in the genre as far as I know.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Mnn... hard to say. I honestly haven't played many games so I'm not quite sure how underrated the games I have played are. I guess I'll go with Rune Factory 3 since I don't hear about the Rune Factory series a lot. I think that might have to do with people possibly trying out the first two games and not liking them so they don't try the third game. But honestly? RF3 takes the story line and perfects it, adds interesting character instead of bland ones, etc etc. Again, not sure how underrated it is but I'll just pick this game.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Damn I'm late.

Day 2- Your favorite video game character

Without a doubt, Grovyle from PMD. OMGOMGOMG

I don't play a lot of games, but I can say that Pokémon Emerald is very underrated. I know it's Pokémon but then again it's the only game that can keep my attention long enough, and people apparently don't like it, so it's underrated...

Eternal Darkness

Master of Tartarus
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'll answer the ones I missed:

Day 01:

My first videogame? If I recall, some educational game that I can't remember at all.

Day 02:

Minato Arisato. Definite favorite character.

Day 03:

Most underrated would probably be Pokemon RSE, because people say they are awful and should never be looked to with respect, but they happen to be my favorites in the series.

Non-pokemon, I would say LOZ: 4 Swords. It's pretty fun.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 2 - Your favourite Video Game Character
    Such a hard choice, but I've got to go for... The Happy Mask Salesman from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Honestly, a character with such ambiguity and you... Don't want to anger him. His mysterious nature and creepy atmosphere really does make you feel like you have to do what he says so as to avoid the terrible fate that awaits you...

Most games I really like are underrated in their own respects (well, apart from the mainstream games with mascots like Sonic and Mario), but I feel that the Bubsy the Bobcat series is underrated (except 3D, that IS awful). I mean, there are a few issues that make some "fake" difficulty, but seriously, it is no less fun than Sonic, and oes make you want to be patient and take your time. Also, finishing it is SO satisfying... Which I've never found out due to throwing the controller across the room many time, and that is why it is underrated. A bad game makes me just walk away, but this series makes me compelled to finish it!

Back