• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Day 20 - Favourite Pokémon Professor

I honestly don't really have any strong opinions for any of the Professors. My favourite is probably Elm just because he's the most memorable to me (apart from Oak) with his awkwardness.

pkmin3033

Professor Ivy, from the Orange Islands! I love how ridiculously absent-minded she is and how she always looks like she isn't getting anywhere near enough sleep. I also wonder how a woman who looks to be in her mid-twenties can have three kids in their early teens. At least, I think they're her kids; it was kind of implied even though they're called her "research assistants". I wonder who the father was...

...I also wonder what went on between her and Brock. xD

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 20 - Favourite Pokémon Professor

This is a toughie. I'm going to have to pick between all of them, but I think Rowan is my favorite so far. He's a confident professor who looks and is very serious compared to other professors. Also I like his penchant for RageCandyBars.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Day 20: Favorite Pokémon Professor

Well, if we include characters portrayed as professors or experts, rather than only the starter professors, I'd have to go and say Mr. Fuji, mostly because of his role in the creation of Mewtwo; if creating the strongest Pokémon in existence isn't a testament to his ability, well, I don't know what is.

Out of the starter professors I'll go with Oak out of nostalgia, but none are truly memorable to me.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 20 - Favorite Pokemon Professor

When it comes to favorite Pokemon Professor, I have to go with Professor Oak. He is a cool old dude. How cool is he? Well for one thing in Pokemon Adventures, he ended becoming a Pokemon League Champion. Plus in the Gen I games, there exists unused data that reveals that at one point he was supposed to be battled.

Years
  • Day 20: Favorite Pokémon Professor

For me, it's Professor Aurea Juniper of Unova! I love how she's the first (and only) female Professor in the games, and what's also cool is that her father is also a Professor.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • 18. Favourite gym leader
    Clemont, the anime may have played a factor but I just love his scientific attitude and his humour. Plus, he uses my favourite Kalos Pokemon, Heliolisk!

19. Favourite E4/champion
    Grimsley! His attitude and charm are all amazing; him using Dark-types is a huge plus.

Steven's my favourite champ, no particular reason apart from me finding him better than all the other champions.

20. Favourite professor
    Probably Sycamore, his theme is so groovy and I like his personality too.

Years
  • Day 18: Favourite Gym Leader
    Jasmine is easily my favorite Gym Leader. Something about the contrast between her appearance and personality versus the type of Pokemon she specializes in grabbed my attention from the first time I faced her, and she's been my favorite ever since.

Day 19: Favourite Elite 4 member/Champion
    Cynthia has produced the toughest battles for me out of any NPC in the Pokemon series, so I've defaulted to her as my favorite Champion. As for my favorite Elite Four member, I'll go with Koga. He's one of the few members who we actually know the backstory of, and he was one of my 2 favorite Gym Leaders from Kanto, so I was quite pleased to see him get the promotion.

I'm going to be boring here and say Professor Oak. None of the professors have really stood out to me, other than when they start you off at the beginning of the game. Professor Oak's appearances in the anime though put him at the top of my list over the other options.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 21 - Favourite Pokémon Bad Guys

It's got to be our original villainous team, Team Rocket. I love how simple their goal is and how they go about it. They're not about destroying the world or creating a new world, they're much simpler (and realistic) about their plans which I appreciate hahaha. I like their outfits and the Pokemon they use too, particularly things like Weezing and Arbok. I really liked TR in GSC and thought their progression in the story was quite interesting. They've got a good mix of serious members as well as the incompetent members.

I also like TR in the anime. They have a lot of genuinely funny moments and they were probably my favourite characters when I was younger. I remember when I played RBY and beat the Nugget Bridge, I really wanted to accept their invitation to join hahaha.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 21 - Favorite Pokemon Bad Guys

When it comes to my favorite villainous team in Pokemon, I also have to go with Team Rocket. I like how in the games they happen to own and have a hideout under the Game Corner. As for them in the anime, I feel like they have been in the anime for way too long. Course I also liked how they got there own theme in the TCG. I actually have one of the decks from the theme.

pkmin3033

Team Galactic. I find Cyrus' motivations and entire character to be both fascinating and disturbingly relatable, and they're the only Team, in my opinion, with ridiculously grandiose goals. Never mind Legendaries; they're after deities. Destroying and remaking the world is so much more interesting than just conquering it. They just feel more menacing to me. Their story in the games was also the most involving in my opinion, they were popping up literally everywhere.

...and by extension, Hunter J in the anime. Hunter J would be my favourite Pokemon antagonist overall, because she's literally the only one with a hint of threat and an iota of competence.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years

This one is kind of tricky. I personally prefer Team Plasma. I like how their first motive was to "liberate all Pokémon" and how their second becomes almost entirely different. Seriously. And just look at how mysterious and interesting some of their members are, like N, Ghetsis and Colress. Especially N.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • 21. Favourite evil team
    I'll have to go with Team Magma/Aqua here because I just find them misguided in a way; they want to improve the world but they later regret it. Also, their outfits are neat!

I also like Team Rocket, James in particular. Despite being the bad guy, he has so much love for Pokemon.

Years

I'm with Ghost for this one, Team Plasma. Like what he said the liberation made for an interesting plot, and there's always a lot of mystery surrounding the team such as shown with N, Ghetsis and Colress.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Day 20: Favourite Pokémon Professor

My favourite Professor has to be Oak, the guy who started my own adventure at the age of 9. What sealed the deal for him as my favourite was Pokémon 4Ever, I loved his appearance as Sam and his growing bond with Ash.

Day 21: Favourite Pokémon bad guys

Team Aqua! Love the outfits, their motives, and preference for Sharpedo. If I were to join a villainous team, it would be them without hesitation. MOAR WATER!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Day 1. Favorite Pokemon,
    Well I am sure there will be no surprise with this answer, My favorite Pokemon is Poliwhirl, I love everything about this Pokemon from the color to the design and the fact that I get to choose if it want a Poliwrath or Politoed.

Day 2: Least Favorite Pokemon
    Wow this is hard I go through periods of time where I hate a type of Pokemon but I usually get over it force myself to use it and then they grow on me. But the rules state I have to pick a Pokemon so I am going to go with Serperior I actually dislike the entire line but I have a special dislike for Serperior. I actually like nothing about this Pokemon it is do date the only starter type Pokemon which I have put in the PC during a regular play of the game.

Day 3. Favorite starter Pokémon
    I like pretty much all the starters except for 1 (please see question 2). The answer to this question could change depending on when you ask me but at this point in time the answer is Turtwig. I just love this guy and I love the beast he becomes.

Day 04: Favorite Eeveelution
    I am not a huge fan of Eeveelution I like them but I am not overly fond of them. If I had to pick a favorite I would go with Vaporeon.

Day 05: Favorite legendary Pokémon
    I have always had a soft spot for Lugia. I just like it and when I was younger I really liked Pokemon 2000.

Day 06: First Pokémon experience
    I was born December 1993 and I got Pokemon Red a few months after it came out but I honestly don't really remember playing more of my memories are from Silver so I can not honestly answer this question.

Day 07: Most memorable Pokémon experience
    Its not my most memorable as honestly the memory is fading but I force myself to remember that my mum and dad took me and my sisters to the Movies to watch Pokemon the first Movie

Day 08: Favorite Pokémon media
    I actually like the Anime and I like the Manga however I can not argue that the Pokemon games are the strongest links in the franchise.

Day 09: Favorite Pokémon type
    I use all the types but my favorite would have to be Ground type. I like pretty much all Ground type Pokemon and it has great dual type options and stab Earthquake.

Day 10: Least favorite Pokémon type
    I guess if I had to pick one I would pick Normal. I have nothing against normal type Pokemon but they are pretty boring in my opinion.

Day 11: If you were a Pokémon, what would you be?
    I would love to be a Politoed, Chillin by the lake with all my other Poli homies.

Day 12: Favorite Pokémon attack or move
    Can not go past Earthquake. Boom Boom Shake Shake the Room.

Day 13: If you lived in the Pokémon world, what would you be?
    There would be way to much pressure being a Gym leader I feel like that job would have a lot more obligations and rules that would need to be followed and I would eventually go mad so I would rather be a trainer traveling at my own pace doing what ever I wanted.

Day 14: If you were a Gym Leader, what would be your specialty?
    Despite the Poli line being one of my favorite lines and probably my favorite Pokemon I would have to go with ground like I said earlier it a great type with good dual type coverage.

Day 15: Favorite region in the Pokémon world
    I love Sinnoh and Hohen but if I had to pick it would have to be Hohen.

Day 16: If you could live anywhere in the Pokémon world, where would it be?
    I like the idea of Slateport city. A nice cross between city living and beach life.

Day 17: What would you like a new Pokémon to be based on?
    Can not believe it has not been done yet but I do have a feeling we will get one in the upcoming region but my answer is Dolphin.

Day 18: Favorite Gym Leader
    I like Flannery the girl seems like she is in over her head and a bit to headstrong but at the end of the day she is shown to be a quite a good gym leader,

Day 19: Favorite Elite 4 member/Champion
    Don't really have one but I like the Elite four in the Pokemon adventures Manga are great villains and Lorelai shines amongst them as a villain so I am going to go with her.

Professor Oak just cause I feel like he is the most developed character.

Day 21: Favorite Pokémon bad guys
    Team Magma/Aqua I feel like they have a pretty decent/conflicting goals and they actually seems to fit in well with the Hohen region.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
  • Day 19: Favourite Elite 4 Member / Champion

This was a tough one to decide, since I mostly didn't care for the Elite 4 or Champions since they mostly just appeared in the end in the early games. But if I had to decide one since I love his name and how he evolves from Gen 1 to Gen 2, Lance (Darn I was talking about his German name, which is Siegfried, his english name is not so special sounding)

Day 20: Favourite Pokémon Professor

I feel like Elm, since he feels to me like the one I can like the most. And I love his reason to be a Pokémon Professor

Day 21: Favourite Pokémon Bad Guys

I actually really liked Team Galatic and their leader, I liked how he in the end admitted his defeat and gave you the masterball. But then still tries to call the legendaries. And again I feel like it also has to do that they were the first bad team I experienced after returning to Pokémon other than Team Rocket

Years
  • Day 20: Favourite Pokémon Professor
    I don't know. ;w;' I like quite a few. Oak for the nostalgia but I suppose design and personality wise I'd go with either Juniper or Sycamore. Either one of the two I would love to intern for aha.

Day 21: Favourite Pokémon bad guys
    Another tough choice. Plasma had an interesting goal and made B/W/B2/W2 very enjoyable plus it's through them that in-depth characters like N and Ghetsis were introduced. I also loved our BW2 rival's goal in getting back a stolen Pokémon from them, gave him more character.

But again, another part of me wants to say Team Rocket for the nostalgia factor, in both the anime and games. Can't deny Giovanni is awesome in the anime even if we hardly see him. There were also the Pokémon Chronicles Team Rocket villains, like Hun and Attila which were awesome.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 22: Favourite Rival

It's got to be Silver. I love how mysterious he was. I'm sure I'm not the only one who named him "???" because I just wanted to be honest with that policeman and that's what he said his name was. He was brutal and cruel and also had a cool design imo, and my headcanon is that he was the son of the female Rocket Executive (Ariana? Can't remember her name). I also liked how he had some real character development in HGSS at least, and learnt to treat his Pokemon better. Him having a Crobat when you have a double battle with him in the post-game was a nice example of this.

pkmin3033

Gary/Blue, because he's the only one who ever felt like a rival, persay. He's a jerk, he's one step ahead, back in the day he was actually pretty hard to beat, and he has an awesome theme whenever he appears. The fact that Oak can't remember his name makes me giggle, too.

...that said, Shauna is beyond adorable and I love her design so, so much. On aesthetic choice alone she wins. But she just doesn't feel like a rival. Past Silver, I don't think any of them really do...they're too friendly.

Back