• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 30 Days of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?
    (Story time; might be long!)

When the trio were first introduced, I liked Corn (Cress) the most because he seemed pretty cute. Dent (Cilan) and Pod (Chili) seemed the least appealing then, too XD; At some point, I was considering picking up Corn for a Pokemon AU (that's "Alternate Universe" for those who don't know) on LiveJournal. However, as I was looking through fanart of Corn on Pixiv, I found that Pod seemed pretty appealing. I began looking up fanart for him instead, only to find that some of the fanart made his hair more pinkish and spikier, thus resembling the anime character I've been obsessed with over the past two years (whether you care or not, said character is Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail). Also didn't help he specialized in Fire types, as Natsu's magic is fire-based.

As a result, Chili/Pod is my favorite of the three. Also love his seiyuu, though Cilan's/Dent's is good too 'cause MAMORU MIYANO.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years

I'd have to say Cilan. I like Pansage, & Chili seems so feisty, Cress looks calm, & Cilan is one in between, well-balanced. Plus I like green!

Joshawott

Banned
    Years

I like Cilan the most, though admittedly he does have an unfair advantage since he's the new Brock in the anime. Still, I like his personality a lot and his view on various things. I also like how he's far more sophisticated than Chili and Cress.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012

Cilan. He's the only one with a real personality in the anime, not to mention he's the new Brock. Also...TRAINS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I missed day 6 without realizing it...
    6) I liked that they eliminated the bias for the water and grass starters but it was quite hard until I found out that you can get a free elemental monkey that was strong against the gym leader's...
    7) Chili, he look cool, plus he doesn't look odd like Cilian or Crest imo. I think most people lean towards Cilian due to the anime...

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    8. Do you believe in the Striaton Gym leaders being the Shadow Triad? Why or why not?

I'll be honest, I never put the possibility of this together. Very interesting! As for whether or not I believe it's true, I guess I would have to say no. Just based on the way the Shadow Triad acts in comparison to the Striaton gym leaders is reason enough for me to have the opinion I do. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed in the sequels that the Striation gym leaders are indeed the Shadow Triad.

Years
    8. Do you believe in the Striaton Gym leaders being the Shadow Triad? Why or why not?

I don't think so, the hair looks so different.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Since I didn't answer number 7, I'll answer it now and reply to number 8 in the next post, like Toujours did.

7. Which Striaton gym leader was your favourite and why?
    None. They all sucked, though if I HAVE to pick a favourite, I'm going by looks, and Chili looks best. The other two look kind of creepy, especially Cilan. Never really liked him. ;x

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Ditto, Forever.

7. Which Striaton gym leader was your favourite and why?
    Fav-ou-rite...? I'm not sure the word has much meaning with respect to this question, in all honesty.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    CatDog your reply confuses me in relevance. :(

Nope. :x I think it'd be awesome, but I think it's just coincidental that there are three of each. :(

...Oh God I just had a strange thought that GF will reveal that they are the Shadow Triad in B2/W2. A weird feeling of dejavu!

blue

gucci
    Years

Yes and no, there is no real evidence of it yet some signs point towards that they could be.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

I don't believe that they at are the Shadow Triad. Aside from being a triad, i think there are no evidences contributing to that speculation. but, I really want them to be the Shadow Triad. A fitting plot-twist.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    I believe so since there are three people in the striaton Gym and three people in the shadow triad. In the game, when we enter N's castle, we do not see Striaton Gym leaders in there, don't we?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    No, it would make no sense. Just because there are three of two things, it doesn't mean they are related. They might end up fighting each other in B2/W2... who knows?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?
    I didn't care either way. Plus you get that monkey.

I like Cilan the best. Just because I don't like Chili or Cress.

Nope. Just because they weren't there to help doesn't mean they're the Shadow Triad. Plus if you go to the gym afterward Cress says sorry and stuff and that they were too late. It could be just a cover-up, but meh, it bought me.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    8. Do you believe in the Striaton Gym leaders being the Dark Trinity? Why or why not?
    To be honest, I think Nintendo totally did not intend for there to be three each, but it would be funny if they played on this in the remakes as a response to all the fanart that shows the Striaton gym leaders as the Dark Trinity o3o

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Wow, I really didn't pay attention to these games. Who were the Shadow Triad, again?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back