• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 30 Days of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
    5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?

I was like, Is he serious? I had no idea who this guy was, nor did I know I would face him at the end. I didn't know he was Ghetsis in the first place. Anyway, I was wondering if Pokemon wanted to be with their trainers. I would've asked my Pokemon how they felt with me & if they liked being inside a Pokeball. He struck me a bit inside, but it's just a game. ^^

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years

Very much so. It seemed to make sense to me that we shouldn't be forcing Pokemon into battle, like animal abuse and whatnot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

I wasn't aware of what Ghetsis was trying to say. I was like "oh imma find out later on." So, no. I wasn't really inspired/swayed/etc. Though I will admit that I was like "HURRY UP I WANNA MOVE ON RAWRRR."

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    STARTING NEW DAY, YEAAAH.

6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

It was interesting but kinda confusing at first since I knew about the types, but not what the curtains/the things you stepped on did :x tbh I'd much rather gyms w/o that since at least you can grind your starter like crazy and win anyway, but with this unless you GOT the monkey you don't really do that well if that makes sense. :(

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

TBH I didn't like the first gym very much due to that. Even with Pansage I still had considerable trouble against Cress and his Panpour after it used Work Up around 3 times while I was bashing its skull in with repeated Vine Whips from my Pansage which led to using a Potion almost every other turn as Cress's Panpour was firing off +3 Water Guns which dented me so hard I ended up having to sacrifice my Lillipup so Pansage could miraculously survive the boosted attacks and finish Panpour off with barely any HP left on Pansage's end. Granted it was a pretty memorable fight but it felt more frustrating if anything which is why I didn't really enjoy that particular gym.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?
    I didn't because I didn't want to use the monkey, which necessitated me raising a Purrloin to an absurdly high level (18 IIRC) to take the gym on. I would rather it been a type that would be neutral to all three starters (Ghost would work, or Fighting) rather it be based on your starter type, if they wanted to go the "no starter has an advantage" route.

Years

It was a new interesting concept. I tried all 3 starters so I could see the monkeys' difficulty. I started with Oshawott in Black, meaning I had to fight Cilan. I obtained a Pansear from the Dreamyard and he starts off weak compared to the other 2 monkeys. But yeah, I liked the change.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I didn't like it very much at all. It was pretty much forcing you to use the monkey you got to cover your weakness (I didn't though, I over-levelled instead). And what made it worse is that the first gym came so quickly, which meant there was less of an opportunity to over-level your Pokémon.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

No. I mean, you need to train the monkey just for the first gym badge? uh-oh. No way.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    5. Did you like the lack of starter bias the first gym had?

It was an interesting twist from past games, but, to an extent, it kind of forced me to use a Pokemon that I'd probably not use for the entire game (I boxed Pansear shortly after the win, while I boxed Simisage when I got to Mistralton).

blue

gucci
    Years

Yeah, I feel that no matter who I chose it was quite a struggle, the option of getting the elemental monkey helped but I never used one of them so it was kinda difficult.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    (I'll catch up later today I mean it this time. I need sleep)

Not at all. I didn't quite understand how liberation was the best thing for Pokemon. Building friendship with Pokemon is far better of an idea.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Lol no is the only answer that comes to my mind. He was a stupid guy and had a few stupid beliefs like all the stupid evil organizations in the Pokemon games. The only thing his speech made me wonder was why there are no mental asylums or prisons in the Pokemon universe lol.

Uhh... it was okay imo. It pretty much forced me to use an elemental monkey just so that I could cover my weakness, and I still had to train that monkey a lot. Stupid move, really.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
    3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?

3. Nah, I've always liked the first towns' concepts. You only come to really appreciate the awesome graphics once you're accustomed to the normal ones.
    4. Snivy, because it's got swagger. :P It was the only starter I liked, so no, I didn't regret my choice.
    5. I actually kinda sorta believed it. /shame
    6. I was pretty indifferent. I tend to overgrind my team, so I didn't really have any troubles in that gym.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    Not at all. I think the first gym is cool enough but it will be more cool if we can battle three of them instead of one only.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well no, I didn't really care for that anyway since I think it's a lame gym concept and it just didn't really work, I cleared it in like 2 minutes and it wasn't a challenge at all so I hardly even considered it.

Wasteland

I'm nobody
    Years
    1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?
    Nope, I don't buy the game, and curiosity got the best of me
    2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    I played as a boy, and yes, it matched my gender.
    3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    Actually, to me, it looked like what I was expecting. 4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
    At the beginning I choose Mijumaru (Oshawott), simply because it was cute. But later I switched it to Tepig. Because Emboar is better imo
    Not at all, really. Kinda boring

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    6. Im just happy they did something unique with the first gym.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    It was definitely a nice idea in theory. That you could just obtain the other monkey that was necessary to defeat the Gym-monkey made it slightly pointless. Still... nice idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back