• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 30 Days of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
  • 2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?

I played as a boy of course. I'm a boy after all. The girl looked cute though...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I played as a boy. Yes it matches my real life sex and gender (gender is what you identify yourself as by the way, sex is the biological thing).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    Honestly, I'm sick of all the Pokemon games having your character start out in some small town in the middle of nowhere. Nuvema Town didn't stick out to me as being especially bad, but it was the completely generic and forgettable small starter town that's been overused. I would like my protagonist to be from a larger and well-known city, because big metro areas are my RL preference. I've got firsthand experience with small town life, and I hate it.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • 3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?

Well its not really interesting at all, neither are the other towns in previous GEN's, you never really visit them often. I would like the starting town (and other certain towns that lack features) to be a bit more 'interactive' if that makes sense.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

Nuvema town is the epitome of the boring town. I mean, not much happened here, and is not really memorable at all. (I had to go to Bulbapedia and see which of the towns are Nuvema.) Since we entered a new era, why not switch it to a more lively town? Like Castelia, seeing as Unova seemed to be advanced in technology. Why not the starting town also>

Years

I think it was alright, the only houses belonged to the protagonist, Cheren and Bianca so it was a little small. I don't think it needed a change.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Day 3: What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?

To me, Nuvema was just like an ordinary starting town--being in a calm setting, having the player's and rival's houses and the Professor's lab. It didn't really have anything special.

I think they could've changed things a notch by having the player start at a bigger city, like Nimbasa.

Years
    Like the other starting towns, Nuvema Town seemed boring and there is nothing to do other then battle Bianca post-game and recieve a starter. I guess it would be a bit nicer if there were more people to interact with but Nuvema is just an ordinary town. There's nothing special about it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    3. What did you think of Nuvema Town?

Pretty boring, tbh. I loved the visuals of Koromori and uhhhh I'm sure there were more--Woobat, lol, I'm unintentionally getting in the spirit of B2/W2. But yeah! It was small much like the other hometowns and it definitely had potential for more, sadly. :( Interesting beginning though with the present :3

GhostQuill

Nooby Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    3. What did you think of Nuvema Town?
    I don't really care for it, its nice and all, but that's it
    Your average first town

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I thought it was pretty ordinary. It didn't stand out anymore than any other starting town. Not even a catchy tune like Accumula Town.

blue

gucci
    Years

They got it just right, infact any bigger and it wouldn't have felt like a home town.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    I think Nuevma town is not really small so I do not think they should switch it up. In fact, it is just a beginning so there is not need for a big town.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years

I thought it was okay. I always liked the Lab being in the same town you start in, so that was the thing I liked about Nuvema Town.

Years
  • Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?
    I did not, as I had no money at the time... But I did buy both Black and White last September after my birthday!

Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    I played as a boy, and I'm a girl in reality. I just like Hilberts design better than Hildas.

What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    I didn't really pay much attention to the size... I think it could have done with something to make it more memorable, but overall it was fine for a starter town.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    I think the fact that I can't even remember what it looked/was like says enough about how I think of it lmao. I don't even remember how far along Nuvema town was lol.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • 3. What did you think of Nuvema Town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    Wait, which one was Nuvema Town again? Off to Bulbapedia to check...

Awesome.

Gotta go fast!!!
    Years
  • 3. What did you think of Nuvema Town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous game?
    The fact that I can't remember what it looks like should be enough of an answer.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years

As with all other hometowns in the series, I was regarded with a very warm welcome into Nuvema Town. Despite the games only having been out for a little over a year now, it still manages to hit me hard with nostalgia.

The size of the town was never really an issue for me, nor has it ever been in the series. That being said, it did feel rather odd having a house square in the center of town. That's but one minor complaint I have with it. One thing I really liked about Nuvema Town was its overlook of the ocean; a nice homage to the first two generation games. I like the hometowns just the way they are. :D

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    A boy, and yes it matched my gender.

3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    I actually liked Nuvema Town. It had that fresh feel to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back