• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon re-release for Wii U

blue

gucci
Years
Surprised that Europe are first of anywhere to get this, but at that price I'm pretty sure I'll succumb to buying this sooner or later.

Years
This definitely serves as a nice surprise to those that never got to play the original Mystery Dungeon games when they were a thing on the GBA and DS. I know that there was word of GBA and DS games making the Virtual Console, so it's kinda cool.

pkmin3033

This is on the wrong virtual console. This belongs on the 3DS, not the Wii U. Given that Nintendo are probably going to abandon the Wii U's rotting carcass within the next year for the enigmatic NX, it would have made much more sense for them to put the games on the VC of their successful hardware, too. Or done both. Just putting it on the Wii U is irritating.

I may or may not wind up getting this eventually; I have a backlog of VC games on Wii U I intend to buy, and I still think Blue Rescue Team is the best Mystery Dungeon title. But damnit if I'm not annoyed for the illogical and downright stupid choice of platform.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2019
This is on the wrong virtual console. This belongs on the 3DS, not the Wii U. Given that Nintendo are probably going to abandon the Wii U's rotting carcass within the next year for the enigmatic NX, it would have made much more sense for them to put the games on the VC of their successful hardware, too. Or done both. Just putting it on the Wii U is irritating.

I may or may not wind up getting this eventually; I have a backlog of VC games on Wii U I intend to buy, and I still think Blue Rescue Team is the best Mystery Dungeon title. But damnit if I'm not annoyed for the illogical and downright stupid choice of platform.

Ok but what if the NX lets you buy Wii U digital titles (like the Wii U can buy Wii games) in the unspecified point sometime in the future it comes out.

pkmin3033

Ok but what if the NX lets you buy Wii U digital titles (like the Wii U can buy Wii games) in the unspecified point sometime in the future it comes out.
That doesn't excuse this not being on the 3DS virtual console, where it belongs. I realise that Nintendo may do something like that, and they've never put DS titles on the 3DS eShop, but Red Rescue Team was a GBA game, and even though it was through the Ambassador scheme when the 3DS was first released, Nintendo HAVE released GBA titles on the 3DS before. It's about time they did so again.

I'd be much more inclined to buy this immediately if it were on the platform I preferred, and I doubt I'm the only one. There is no sane or rational reason for at least Red Rescue Team NOT to be on the 3DS eShop.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2019
idk, I see where Nintendo is coming from because the 3DS can't do a decent Virtual Console experience for either game. The GBA ambassador games and that one DS Advance Wars game they released in Japan are just hardware emulation without restore points or the ability to suspend the game to the Home menu.

Years
It would seem Europe gets release priority mostly for ports/re-releases of Nintendo games. It's unfortunate the 3DS is apparently incapable of giving a proper Virtual Console experience, as I personally would like to have games that were originally on portable consoles to be again on a portable console. Plus, If GBA/DS games could be on 3DS Virtual Console, I think they would sell more, as more people own a 3DS than a Wii U.

Err... back on topic. Perhaps Europeans can play Pokemon Red/Blue Rescue Team as they wait the final week before they finally receive Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Except they aren't abandoning the Wii U, as they referred the NX as a "third pillar" to their dedicated gaming systems, meaning both two systems and the 3DS will co-exist together, at least until Nintendo announces a proper replacement of either the 3DS or Wii U.

I was expecting the core GBA Pokemon games to get released first before any of the spin-off titles, and I'm surprised Europe is getting it first considering how late they usually are with getting their games.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
It makes a difference to have it first over here, usually we have to wait for everything. Lots of people at league have bought it, I'm just puzzled as to why on the Wii-U? I would have bought it if on 3DS

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Like most of the rest of you, I was surprised to hear this, and I'm surprised that Europe got the games first. I assume they'll be released in the US/North America as well (and Japan), but time will tell. I would like to play them again, but I still haven't been able to justify buying a Wii U (especially with NX coming soon), and I'm not sure if could see myself buying a system for a virtual console release. (Although if they released Stadium for Wii U that was compatible with the RBY re-releases, I would actually be really tempted to buy it...and then I could get the other games that, at this point, sound interesting, but aren't system-selling for me...)

I wish this were on 3DS as well. Not just because I don't own a Wii U (though that's one factor), but also because it's a handheld game, and I'd rather see a handheld game on a handheld platform that I can easily close and stick on the shelf next to my bed at night. The Wii U gamepad seems a lot more liable to get dropped/damaged as I start to get groggy (I generally play in bed as a way to help me decompress and fall asleep).

Back