• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon news coming on May 10th

Years
Yes, we finally put an end to two months of speculation that had absolutely nothing to back it up. Hopefully it'll reveal something good.

blue

gucci
Years
It's been a while but we're finally getting something! Hopefully we get details on the starters and legends in some sort of 2 minute trailer similarly to the X&Y trailer.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Interestingly they fitted the times on the same day, unlike the announcement where it already the anniversary in Japan but not the rest of the world. Sadly it will happen at 5:00 a.m here. I wonder if they update the site at that time, or what, as it has yet to be revealed in what form the news will come.

Anyways the wait isn't long. Plus, there is a possibility that we'll have Corocoro leaks prior to the 10th.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I expect a game footage or the official arts of our mascot, possibly along our starters too.

We need a Fire/Fighting starter again, just to irritate the fandom! XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Can't wait for them to confirm that these games are on cartridges! But the image on the cartridges will be blurred out, I'm sure.

Don't worry, I jest. Somewhat. I'm actually not expecting a whole lot; there's a chance we may just get the mascots and that's it. Which will be great considering it's been, what, 3 months since the games' announcement with no info except that they will come with boxes? But it would still be basically the bare minimum to show only the mascots, and there's always a chance that they'll go for that. I'm hoping they don't decide to resurrect the "silhouette approach" right now.

Years
Masuda is calling it "BIG NEWS". Interesting. We might get legendaries and starters.

That's likely my first thought. Starters and legendaries are the poster-children of the generation so it makes sense they are to be among the first new Pokemon revealed.

We really need to see the starters of SM. I'm getting tired of the huge amount of clickbait videos on Youtube presenting fan artworks as if they're the starters of the upcoming Pokémon games.

You know, I was watching a new video from a Pokemon YouTuber named Bird Keeper Toby where he showcases all the fake starter "leaks" we have seen so far and what he thinks of them. Something I did notice was the only ones he didn't talk were the set of starter pics that had white borders around them (similar to when the Unova starter evos were first leaked) which further fuels my suspicion those pics may end up being the real starters.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
That's likely my first thought. Starters and legendaries are the poster-children of the generation so it makes sense they are to be among the first new Pokemon revealed.

You know, I was watching a new video from a Pokemon YouTuber named Bird Keeper Toby where he showcases all the fake starter "leaks" we have seen so far and what he thinks of them. Something I did notice was the only ones he didn't talk were the set of starter pics that had white borders around them (similar to when the Unova starter evos were first leaked) which further fuels my suspicion those pics may end up being the real starters.
Those are confirmed to be fakes.
The artist admitted to it.

Years
Those are confirmed to be fakes.
The artist admitted to it.

The thing is that I feel they heavily fit the description of the Japanese names (Mokuroh, Nyabby, Ashimari), and when the Unova starter evolutions were first leaked everyone thought they were fakes so you know, we could be thrown off again.

The other thing most of us dread is that the final designs may end up leaving us disappointed again.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016

Maybe the reason why we will get legendaries only, is because the starters don't have any hint in the last Corocoro.

So it's just a good dream to see starters, but most likely it's just the box reveal.

Years
Maybe the reason why we will get legendaries only, is because the starters don't have any hint in the last Corocoro.

So it's just a good dream to see starters, but most likely it's just the box reveal.

I don't see the point of "BIG NEWS" if it's only going to reveal something minimal like boxart.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Since they teased us with whited-out boxart last month, I'm very certain that we'll be having the official boxart and their mascot Pokemon revealed to us on the website. Along with the boxart, I'm also expecting them to give us a more definitive release date instead of just "Holiday/Winter 2016". As for any additional info beyond that, I'm hoping for starter Pokemon and MAYBE a trailer similar to XY's reveal trailer.

The thing is that I feel they heavily fit the description of the Japanese names (Mokuroh, Nyabby, Ashimari), and when the Unova starter evolutions were first leaked everyone thought they were fakes so you know, we could be thrown off again.

The other thing most of us dread is that the final designs may end up leaving us disappointed again.

But the thing is, anybody that's smart enough can read and translate those "leaked" Japanese names and create fanart based on what they know of those names... and it doesn't help that we don't know if those names are real either, they are likely fake too. There's really no point in trying to debate on whether those ones are real or not, because of the fact that the artist has outright admitted they were fake.

Years
Since they teased us with whited-out boxart last month, I'm very certain that we'll be having the official boxart and their mascot Pokemon revealed to us on the website. As for any additional info beyond that, I'm hoping for starter Pokemon and MAYBE a trailer similar to XY's reveal trailer.

But the thing is, anybody that's smart enough can read and translate those "leaked" Japanese names and create fanart based on what they know of those names... and it doesn't help that we don't know if those names are real either, they are likely fake too. There's really no point in trying to debate on whether those ones are real or not, because of the fact that the artist has outright admitted they were fake.

Official boxart seems a given, so that means mascot legendaries as well. I wouldn't mind a trailer similar to what we got with X/Y, since it did showcase some graphics on what the overworld is like.

So you're also speculating that the "leaked" Japanese starter names may be fake as well. Now I feel like that Game Freak are going to set us up for even more disappointment when the actual reveal happens, to the point that I might not like any of the starters or new Pokemon and may not enjoy the game as much as I first imagined.

No wonder they are called Troll Freak, because lately I have been putting my expectations lower than ever before with all these "big scoops" that turn out to be extremely minimal and underwhelming. I've never been disappointed in most Pokemon games so if Sun & Moon end up being a letdown then I know that something is definitely wrong.

Also, Sun & Moon have been, at least to me the most difficult speculation I've ever gone through with a new Pokemon game given we had to go two whole months with absolutely nothing known.

Back