• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokemon - Pyukumuku

Years
Spoiler:

Figured this new Pokemon reveal deserves a thread.

So, it was only yesterday we were given four new Pokemon (and two Alola Forms) in CoroCoro but it appears another discovery has been made in the new issue, and as shown in the page above there has apparently been another new Pokemon revealed, called Namakobushi.

According to Serebii, Namakobushi is said to be able to send its insides out of its mouth and use them as a fist. Not much else is currently known about this Pokemon, but given a recent Chinese leak (which has been very credible as of recent) mentioned a possible sea cucumber Pokemon, it's likely that Namakobushi adds further credibility to the leak.

Here's a close-up if you want a better look:
Spoiler:

Anyways, what do you think of Namakobushi? What type or abilities do you think it will have?

Modedit: Daily article link about this Pokemon is here!

Hika Edit: English name is Pyukumuku - it's also pure Water-type with the new ability called Innards Out

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Oh wow what's up with this guy?

I find him oddly endearing.

I bet this guy will have an awesome attacking animation going by his description.

Years
I agree with Log, it does seem to have characteristics of a bunny, especially the tail.

That said, I love this Pokemon and for being our predicted sea cucumber Pokemon it's very adorable. I am hoping this thing gets a good evolution or ability, and the bio mentioning it attacks by sending its insides out of its month is also something sea cucumbers tend to do in real life so it's kinda cool I guess.

The main problem is that I would have considered using this little guy as my Water-type if I wasn't Team Popplio. That won't stop me from rotating my team members though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The main problem is that I would have considered using this little guy as my Water-type if I wasn't Team Popplio. That won't stop me from rotating my team members though.

I have a feeling this Pokemon could end up like Stunfisk. In that it lives in water but isn't actually a water type.

Somehow I'm not really getting water type vibes from this guy.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is indeed the Sea Cucumber pokemon. And I can't say much about it right now, although it does look like a rabbit.

Namako = Sea Cucumber in Japanese
Bushi = Type of warrior class in Japanese

So it is safe to assume that this thing will be fighting with something else.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As for the type, I think it will be Rock/Fighting or Ground/Fighting. I have no reason to think it will be Rock or Ground, other than it spends a lot of time on the floor of the ocean around rocks. And going out on a very tinfoil hat limb, it could also be Fairy/Fighting due to the rabbit tail.

Also I am sure it may have at least 1 evolution as well.

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
It looks pretty cute. I'm feeling some water-type vibes from him, but it could be Fighting as well, since, as IcyIce said, Bushi refers to a type of warrior class.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Can I just say that I'm actually far more interested in what this thing evolves into? Haha, I can't help myself but imagine... @_@;

If it evolved, it could become longer and grow rabbit ears or the hair or whatever it is on its back could grow to become more flowing. This could lead it to also possibly being Fairy/Fighting.

blue

gucci
Years
Whut? I'm more interested how this kinda resonates with the Chinese leak which is confusing considering how yesterday it was debunked. I guess a Sea Cucumber could be predictable given the nature of Alola buuuut idk. Anyway, it's quite cute but I'd like to learn more about it first before making a proper decision on it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Whut? I'm more interested how this kinda resonates with the Chinese leak which is confusing considering how yesterday it was debunked.
It wasn't debunked. The pokedex list was.

Not every leak is the chinese leak.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Sea cucumber pokemon!! That's freaking cool and finally! I hope its signature move is like some mega vomit cannon attack rofl

Years
It is interesting that "bushi" means warrior, but I don't see it becoming a Water/Fighting-type. Based on the fact sea cucumbers use their insides as a way of combat it will probably be Water/Poison.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2016
It's interesting and kinda' cute even if the little white mouth looks a bit like a cat's butt

I'm sure it will be fighting. Either water-fighting or possibly poison-fighting.

As for the evolution THIS is a kind of sea cucumber that swims:

Perhaps it evolves into something like this that's fighting-fairy.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
Years
As for the evolution THIS is a kind of sea cucumber that swims:

Perhaps it evolves into something like this that's fighting-fairy.

An evolution that looks something like that would be pretty interesting. A little frightening, admittedly, but interesting nonetheless.

I also like the idea of a poison/fighting type, though if this is the sea cucumber-inspired Pokemon then water certainly comes to mind first...

Years
I agree with Angie. Water/Poison seems like the possible typing for it.

As for abilities, I'm likely expecting a Poison-type related ability. The spike things on it suggest Poison Point, and sea cucumbers likely being squishy could mean Sticky Hold may be a possible ability as well.

Back