• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Gravity Falls” writers hired for upcoming “Detective Pikachu” live-action movie

Years
  • Well this is indeed going to be interesting because the movie of GotG was well done and critically acclaimed. And a lot of people love Gravity Falls I also watched it. Sadly it already ended. Although if the story was to be focused on a story from the main games then these writers wouldn't have been good I think because their writing is more driven to like a little darker stuff and that. Now it is based on something else which by the info given on the Detective Pikachu game I think these 2 will do a great job. The writer for GotG can focus on the fantasy stuff while the writer of GF can focus on the mystery since Gravity Falls was a great show driven by the mystery genre.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    And they are good. Brilliant choice of writers for a mystery action movie. They seem to know what they are doing.

Sword Master

You underestimate my power!
    Years
  • I'm quite happy with this, I enjoyed GotG, and I heard good things about gravity falls, everything points to a great movie.
    Now the only thing that can ruin is it being live-action movie.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • If I remember right, Alex Hirsch is a huge Pokémon fan judging by the tweets that I've seen of him with Masuda and about Pokémon GO. It's good to know that they got somebody working that's familiar with the franchise and knows what they're getting into.

Bay

Years
  • If I remember right, Alex Hirsch is a huge Pokémon fan judging by the tweets that I've seen of him with Masuda and about Pokémon GO. It's good to know that they got somebody working that's familiar with the franchise and knows what they're getting into.

Yeah. Since he visited Japan some time ago he likely has some familiarity with it. Someone already mentioned this but if the movie sticks with the Detective Pikachu's premise I think he'll do fine with the game being a mystery adventure.

I admit to not have seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but I know she also did Thor and I enjoyed that movie at least. Overall this could be good if done right.

Years
  • Nice they got Gravity Falls writer Alex Hirsch on board for this, didn't even know he was a Pokemon fan until now. Hopefully the movie will do well, even though I usually dread the fact movies based on games tend to flop at the box office.

Back