• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Alolan Exeggutor gets a new Dragon Move

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
If Dragon Hammer was to be widely distributed, then I could see Dragonite, Garchomp, Haxorus, Druddigon, Hydreigon, Zekrom, Tyrantrum, and Goodra learning it.

blue

gucci
Years
If this is a hard hitting physical-based move with good accuracy, then I really hope they expand it to beyond Alolan Exeggutor. I totally thought this was Wood Hammer initially though.

Years
Like Pinkie said, I kinda hope it does get some decent distribution. However I'm also in the boat that thinks it may be a signature move for Alolan Exeggutor.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
Like Pinkie said, I kinda hope it does get some decent distribution. However I'm also in the boat that thinks it may be a signature move for Alolan Exeggutor.

They could do what they've done with some of the other signature moves - have A-Exeggutor be the only pokemon that learns it for S/M, and then have it be more widely distributed in the next set of games. I could be wrong but I think that's what they've done with some of those moves in the past.

Years
They could do what they've done with some of the other signature moves - have A-Exeggutor be the only pokemon that learns it for S/M, and then have it be more widely distributed in the next set of games. I could be wrong but I think that's what they've done with some of those moves in the past.

I think the "hammer" part of the move makes it look unlikely to be distributed outside of Alolan Exeggutor, and was likely introduced since it can't learn Outrage, and it doesn't have the arms required for Dragon Claw, so the best thing to do was give it a new move altogether.

This also makes me believe Alolan Exeggutor might focus more on physical attacks compared to the more special-based regular Exeggutor. Fits with my speculation about Alola Forms having different stat distributions from their normal counterparts.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I wonder which hammer move it may be like.

Crab, Wood, or arm.

I'm think crab based on the animation and the seemingly no recoil. Which could make it a base 90 power move. Which is pretty good for dragons.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
We kind of already saw Wood Hammer in another trailer where it show the animation as a Wood Hammer hitting the pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I will be honest, I thought the name of the move had already been named Dragon Hammer. I didn't know there was no official name for it yet. But I think it is possible for it to be spread out.

Dragon can easily use there tails to create a hammer like movement.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2017
I've kinda thought about this and it'd be fun if this move carried a chance of flinching the opposing Pokemon. Just for muks and giggles; it looked like it would do as such, anyway.

Dragon Rush already has a chance to cause flinching; therefore, I don't think Dragon Hammer would do that.

Years
I can't really speculate on what secondary effect Dragon Hammer could have. At least until we learn more about it.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'd hope that Dragon Hammer is not exclusive to Alola Exeggutor as I'm not fond of it but it's so much more likely that it will be.

Does this maybe mean though that other Alolan forms will get special moves too?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I'd hope that Dragon Hammer is not exclusive to Alola Exeggutor as I'm not fond of it but it's so much more likely that it will be.

Does this maybe mean though that other Alolan forms will get special moves too?

I can see Alola Marowak getting a special move, but things like Alola Raticate or Alola Ninetales not really since I can't really think of anything super unique about them that would warrant an exclusive move.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
A Whole attack look weird since Exeggutor uses its head like a Hammer.
Honestly , I would really like a Pokemon with an actual Hammer using that move.
Seriously , Kalos seem to follow Norse mythology yet they didn't create a Pokemon based on Thor that wield a giant hammer.

Back