• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon passes 4 million sales in the US

blue

gucci
Years
  • I'm super happy about this and now I'm really intrigued to see if they eventually surpass the sales of X/Y. Looking on VGChartz and it seems like they shifted a further 800,000 copies in the 2nd week of December in the US alone, that's even before Christmas! Glad they've done well so far.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Every time people say the franchise is dying out, the following games make huge sales. lmfao

A lot of people probably got it over the recent holidays, so sales zoomed.

I'm glad it's doing well. :>

Onward to the next gen, which will likely have to buy an entirely new system for. Not looking forward to the money involved in that one, if that's the case.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Excellent news indeed! ^w^ Super glad people are having fun with these games. <33

Onward to the next gen, which will likely have to buy an entirely new system for. Not looking forward to the money involved in that one, if that's the case.

I have a feeling they won't give up on Pokemon games for the 3DS any time soon, but I think I'll start getting them on switch because they might function better. ;v;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have a feeling they won't give up on Pokemon games for the 3DS any time soon, but I think I'll start getting them on switch because they might function better. ;v;
    Yeeeah, Moon lags on my 3DS, but if I have the option to get em on that system, I really don't wanna bother shoveling out for Switch or anything else just yet. I feel like I just got my 3DS, even though it's been a few years, hah.

Some lag > the amount of the money a new system costs.

srry pokemon ;;;;

I do want to contribute to console sales, but Nintendo might just have to deal with only Pokemon game sales from me, until we're forced to upgrade. lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    This makes me kind of curious as to what XY sales were around this time period. :o Hopefully the games will continue to do well! Assuming that these are the last Pokemon games on the 3DS, these games should finish off super strong. n.n
    Supposedly X/Y sold 11.6 million of its 15.6 million copies within 2.5 months of its release. Sun/Moon seems likely to match that number when it hits the 2.5 month mark in a couple of weeks.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I just know this won't be enough to please old-school fans unless it reaches the same number of sales as the first two generations.

Back