• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: CoroCoro Reveals More Lycanroc Dusk Information

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • Yes, so far in my Moon playthrough, I haven't used Lycanroc, not sure if I've caught a Rockruff yet. Wasn't a fan of Midnight at all, Midday seems alright, bit basic but I have Moon, and not at that island yet. Dusk form looks bomb.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Tough Claws is a nice ability for this Lycanroc, as the Lycanroc we currently have get a decent, but not outstanding, array of contact moves (their move pool still sucks, though). Assuming that Dusk Lycanroc is sharing the same move pool as its cousins, and that it's not like Ash-Greninja in that it can't breed, here are possible sets:
    -Swords Dance
    -Stone Edge
    -Accelerock
    -Brick Break/Fire Fang
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Rockium Z/Fightinium Z/Firium Z

or
    -Stone Edge
    -Accelerock
    -Brick Break
    -Fire Fang/Thunder Fang
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I started to think that Dusk form is a hybrid of Midday and Midnight form in a way, given that it can learn both moves that are exclusive to the two latter forms (Accelrock and Counter). Tough Claws might be a good ability for Lycanroc, too. I may consider to use it if I decided to play Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, then.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I started to think that Dusk form is a hybrid of Midday and Midnight form in a way, given that it can learn both moves that are exclusive to the two latter forms (Accelrock and Counter). Tough Claws might be a good ability for Lycanroc, too. I may consider to use it if I decided to play Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, then.

Sure seems to be that way. It's stats are probably a mix of the two.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Idk, I'd maybe be inclined to use it on my team at some point, just not during my first playthrough of USM. If it had a totally different appearence to the two existing forms then I'd probably be adding it to my team for sure.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • Well, Dusk Form does have hope with Accelerock being a contact move which means Tough Claws boost.
    Still, it's a weaker move. People are still going to have to rely on Stone Edge for more KOs. Can't deny that having Tough Claws will be very nice for Lycanroc.

I might consider using it if Rockruff is caught early in the game.

As the article mentioned, there will be a Rockruff distribution around release time for the game. Some speculate that it will be the equivalent of the free Munchlax we got at release for Sun/Moon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Tough Claws is a great ability, so my hope is that this new form has an expanded moveset so it can be used more competitively.

Or Rock-types can just get better moves in general :P, the poor things.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    As the article mentioned, there will be a Rockruff distribution around release time for the game. Some speculate that it will be the equivalent of the free Munchlax we got at release for Sun/Moon.
    That is disappointing. Dusk Lycanroc only obtained by event Rockruff is not good for players who go online. I can actually get it myself but still.

Years
  • The only problem with Dusk Form Lycanroc is that it's confirmed to be event-exclusive as CoroCoro have claimed. The fact that Ash will be having this form of Lycanroc in the anime is well, pretty much Ash-Greninja all over again in that he's using a Pokemon with a form that's exclusive to a certain event.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I'm pretty sure you can still catch a normal Rockruff in the wild and evolve it into Dusk form, the event is just to encourage people to use it (like Steven's Beldum and such).

Hope so. I am gonna have it on my team. In SM, i only caught a rockruff and evolved it before storing in pc. Never had one in a team at level 100 before.

Why is it called special rockruff though? Does it have a special z move or is it just a title?

Years
  • Why is it called special rockruff though? Does it have a special z move or is it just a title?

I think that's because this will be the only Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc. Normal Rockruff only evolve into either a Midday or Midnight Form Lycanroc.

Back