• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Latest trailer for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon shows off mysterious team and more visuals!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
o_O

Judas priest on a ritz cracker, what was that?! Can we get someone who can read Japanese in here? It looked like they were taking away Lusamine.... Plus it looks like the UBs are gonna get shown off far more this time, which is nice, but who were those people and why were they taking Lusamine away? Lusamine never makes that pose in S/M...

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2023
Okay, so if the other trailers didn't sell it for me, this one did. That looked genuinely amazing, and I'm usually kind of picky when it comes to trailers.
It really does have that "darker" edge to it. The lighting, the music, the constant flashes back to Necrozma and it's battle with Solgaleo/Lunala... it feels like a huge contrast to the brightness of the originals.
Also, IS THAT A MINIGAME OF US RIDING NEBBY THROUGH ULTRA SPACE?! I need it now.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Linked the article to your thread as usual, Blue. You're quick with threads. =p

Adding translations and observations to the article as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The music with the trailer was awesome. Even though it is largely going to be a similar storyline. It looks like it will be far superior than SM.

And a region with 3 villainous teams.... That is new. Can't wait to see who they are.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Dude, everything about this was awesome. There seem to be a lot of significant plot changes. I can't wait to play this game now.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
This makes me much more interested. Almost every scene was fully new.

Also based on this, I have a feeling we are going to have a very different experience when we visit Aether.

Years
This trailer was like a movie. It really is going to show that Game Freak are going all out with this game and that the graphics are more than what you'd see from a 3DS Pokemon game.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Now we got translations, thanks guys! We're forever in your debt. ♥

So what's with Lusamine calling... something... a monster? Does this imply she's not evil and addicted to Nihilego poison this go around? I'd like to know if she was talking about Necrozma or the Necrozma/Nebby fusion and I'd also like to know what this would imply. Does the fusion turn Nebby into a horrific best? Is it like a parasitic infection a la Motherbeast form? I'd also like to know what that suit the player wears is, since it looks very similar to the ones our bad guys use. Are they a splinter faction of Aether? If so, why do they want to apparently capture Nebbycrozma, and do we steal one of their suits?

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2023
Thank you for the translations!

Lots of new character dialogue. Guzma is being philosophical, Lusamine is having second thoughts, and Gladion's text might finally bring Mohn into the canon. I wonder what's going on?

Last edited:
Years
I saw a tweet by KGPrestige and I think he's speculating that US/UM will be the last ever Pokemon games for a handheld system, meaning the Switch is not just the Wii U replacement, but the 3DS replacement as well.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
I saw a tweet by KGPrestige and I think he's speculating that US/UM will be the last ever Pokemon games for a handheld system, meaning the Switch is not just the Wii U replacement, but the 3DS replacement as well.
I mean... Wasn't that kind of obvious at this point? :P

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
HOOOO BOI, what a trailer. If anyone's had any doubts about these games, this trailer would be the one to erase it. Looks like the Ultra Beasts are being shown off more, and Lusamine... ISN'T insane (or unconscious at the Altar)? And then there's Nebby fighting Necrozma (knocking away Lillie and the player as well), and Guzma (been waiting to see you mah boi) talking about... something at the Altar. This is shaping up to be a MUCH different experience than in SM, at least in the later half.

And that new team tho. Looks like I got one of my wishes for October news. Not sure if they are related to Aether or not, but I can't wait to see even more of them. I'm gonna call them Team Eclipse for now. What looked like their hideout/HQ looks very dark, brooding, and overall amazing. It appears that the main climax of the game will happen there as well. What do they want with Necrozma?

And did we just see the player ride Nebby through Ultra Space? And did it look like we'd control it?? And is the player wearing one of the new team's suits??? BOI.

Welp, this boosted my hype. I need these games like now. I'm gonna go watch that trailer about 30 more times.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Take my wallet Reggie, my money is ready.

That was so awesome I CAN'T EVEN. Something tells me the ending is going to give me Mega-feels.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
More translations made and reordered since. Thanks, Jake!
I think it was, it's just that only now we're realising that theory is likely true.
It was kinda obvious to be the last 3DS title ever since it was announced given the existance of the Switch. Speaking of, the Switch is both home and handheld, so hard to say if it really is the last Pokemon game for a handheld system.

Back