• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Switch game timeframe changed, Pokémon 3DS games crawl in sales

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Pok?mon Switch game timeframe changed, Pok?mon 3DS games crawl in sales

No need to panic - Pokemon Switch is merely "Late 2019" now, which was the likely guess anyhow.

(Written by Jake.)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Late 2019 is merely November or December as planned. They could push the release date back a week to coincide with Black Friday(November 23rd) and potentially a huge discounted release to encourage sales(like offering the PokeBall Plus for free in a bundle for starters but here?s to dreaming). In any case, slow 3DS sales has a lot to do with the fact they?ve been out awhile.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    A lot of people on other sites are complaining about it being "delayed" and I just don't get it... If they say 2019, even if they don't specify 2nd half, my mind just immediately jumps to November. It's been the norm for a while now and it makes sense

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Well bad news is I'll be older by then. But the good news is they will not rush it as much.

Years
  • Kind of with everyone else here- not sure why this is big news? From the second it was announced as "the second half of 2019", I've just had it pegged as November 15th, and this doesn't change that one bit. I could understand if it went from something like early 2019 to late 2019, but even then, I'd rather them spend some extra time polishing up the game so that we get a better experience when it finally does come out.

Years
  • yeah, it's like to be around novemberish. i expect it to release around the same timeframe that USUM and SM did, at least.

and im not really surprised by the mild increase in 3DS Pokemon sales. i don't think very many people are that inclined to get them anymore when the Switch Pokemon games are on the horizon. it could very well be Let's Go hype, as well.

Years
  • I was expecting November anyway, since it is in line with the Christmas season and that always tends to be a big test for sales.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • tbh i was expecting it to be towards the end of 2019 to begin with. if it means taking their time rather than rushing for an earlier release then i'm all for it.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Like many other people, I was expecting late 2019 anyway. I was expecting a reveal in early to mid-2019 and a release in November 2019.

Back