• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Lavender Town shown off in Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee trailer

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    2Spooky4Me!

The song is as depressing and disturbing as I've remembered, even if it's quite tame.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • Lavender Town looks great with Switch graphics and glad that the channelers are back in the game. Hope that the Marowak battle is kept in the game.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • 2Spooky4Me!

The song is as depressing and disturbing as I've remembered, even if it's quite tame.

The X-Files theme is tame, but still freaky ):

That said, I can't wait for my copy of LGE and Pokéball accessory *.*

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I love love love the remix! Not as creepy but good enough.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Music is good!

But it's a little disappointing that the dialogue is basically the same. :( I was still (fruitlessly, I guess) hoping that this would be different enough from RBY to make me excited to play through Kanto again.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Music is good!

But it's a little disappointing that the dialogue is basically the same. :( I was still (fruitlessly, I guess) hoping that this would be different enough from RBY to make me excited to play through Kanto again.

Why reinvent the wheel as they say. Still... it should be a different experience in 3D as Kanto basically hasn't had a dedicated game since FRLG. Alolan variants should make this area of the game a breeze though, especially if you go with Alolan Rattata/Raticate.

Years
  • I really like the remix. I think it's fantastic.
    ngl I haven't much interest in LGPE but... Lavender Town is not only the only interesting places in Kanto but one of my favourite locations in Pokemon and seeing it in the Switch graphics is kind of tempting.

Cherrim

Years
  • Why reinvent the wheel as they say. Still... it should be a different experience in 3D as Kanto basically hasn't had a dedicated game since FRLG. Alolan variants should make this area of the game a breeze though, especially if you go with Alolan Rattata/Raticate.

Because I've played this wheel so many times already. I want something fresh. :P

But this game is not for veteran players, it's for newcomers to the series, so I understand why they're doing it.

Years
  • It's not unreasonable to expect something of a different twist this time around.

Although I suppose it's just like Masuda to play it safe and stick to the tried and true formula of keeping everything the same as possible to the originals.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Because I've played this wheel so many times already. I want something fresh. :P

But this game is not for veteran players, it's for newcomers to the series, so I understand why they're doing it.

Then if it's for newcomers, then it's our job as veterans to indoctrinate the next generation. I have twin nieces who turn five next February. I may decide to get the Switch and one of the versions so they can play Co-Op mode together or with one of their parents who has no idea what Pokémon is since it's pretty much me when it comes to Pokémon within the immediate family lol. These games though, if anything, encourages people that play Pokémon GO since that's the only way to get Meltan and it's Evolution. Anyone getting the game planning to use this new Steel Type?

Cherrim

Years
  • Then if it's for newcomers, then it's our job as veterans to indoctrinate the next generation. I have twin nieces who turn five next February. I may decide to get the Switch and one of the versions so they can play Co-Op mode together or with one of their parents who has no idea what Pokémon is since it's pretty much me when it comes to Pokémon within the immediate family lol. These games though, if anything, encourages people that play Pokémon GO since that's the only way to get Meltan and it's Evolution. Anyone getting the game planning to use this new Steel Type?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is exactly how you're supposed to do it! Why add a slight co-op feature if not to give your younger family members a way to play with you without overwriting your save file? :)

Or, more likely, it's for parents who were into Pokemon when they were younger and now have kids they can introduce gently to the series, while still tapping into the nostalgia for the parent. I mean, it probably has a lot of functions, but I figure this is entirely why it's kind of a "dumbed down" introduction.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ooh I like that the tower has the graveyard still, and the theme is a nice spooky update without being very different from the original!

Years
  • also no one in this thread has commented yet on the NPC that appeared in the trailer who actually legitimately looked terrifying

not bad, Game Freak. seems like just from this trailer, you've still managed to keep the scary feel of Lavender Town to a T.

Back