• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Zarude gets a Signature Move all about healing

Years
the big question is how much is zarude healing? if it's anything like a normal recover move and isn't something like moonlight/synthesis etc that depends on weather, then i can see it being a pretty big deal. of course, this all depends on whether it's even a bulky 'mon or not, but even so, add in the refresh factor in this healing move and it becomes essentially resistant to stuff like burn and para and confusion (assuming it doesn't hit itself). things like freeze and sleep would still gut it though, which means it wouldn't be entirely out of the woods, but... i can see this having uses depending on the stat spread of this 'mon.

also this move would probably be pretty nuts in doubles lol

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
the big question is how much is zarude healing? if it's anything like a normal recover move and isn't something like moonlight/synthesis etc that depends on weather, then i can see it being a pretty big deal. of course, this all depends on whether it's even a bulky 'mon or not, but even so, add in the refresh factor in this healing move and it becomes essentially resistant to stuff like burn and para and confusion (assuming it doesn't hit itself). things like freeze and sleep would still gut it though, which means it wouldn't be entirely out of the woods, but... i can see this having uses depending on the stat spread of this 'mon.

also this move would probably be pretty nuts in doubles lol
Too bad that even in the years the likes of Groudon, Rayquaza, etc are allowed, Mythicals aren't allowed in VGC pretty sure, so that'd include Zarude. I guess maybe Sketch Smeargle if it gets into Galar...?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I can't really comment on the competitive aspect, but I find it really interesting that such a sinister looking Pokemon has a signature move that heals.

Years
lv. 90... normally i'd say yeesh but leveling up in these games is insanely easy with exp/rare candies

i still don't like monkey :(

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Is it just me, or a lot of Generation 8 moves really gimmicky on double battles again...?

...Anyway, tbh, I'm probably gonna just box Zarude when I get it anyway, so I won't even grind it to level 90 to get this move.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Out of any move they could've given this Pokémon? Really? This does not look like a healer in the slightest.

Years
  • Age 62
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
I know a healing move at level 90... Ho hum (mind you it's so easy to level up with rare candies and exp. Candies - going into a few raids replenishes those supplies easily). I'm a tad disappointed with this news. Depending on the moves, I might not even do anything with Zarude.

Back