• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Prototype Pokémon Sword and Shield builds now leaked

Prototype Pokémon Sword and Shield builds now leaked

Prototype Pokémon Sword and Shield builds now leaked

Multiple builds of the generation eight games have been uncovered – and they’re playable. They’ve given an insight into development for the games.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Well then, this was unexpected. Lots to take in; check the article. Mercury wrote this, I just added latter news on it + implemented images.

A couple Pokemon show up in the newer development build (out of 20-odd) that didn't make the full game, on that note.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

tfw when the prototype shows more promise than the finished product had

Years
  • Oh, I see they didn't change the graphics since this prototype.

Jokes aside, why does this prototype sound like a better version of SwSh? I wonder what happened at GF that they decided to cut half of this stuff.

Years
  • I would love to see more videos of the builds, as still images don't show the capabilities of a 3D animated game that was a work in progress. However it seems overly spiteful, and frankly bad business, for Game Freak to build a prototype of a game that has more working features than the released game.

I don't believe for one second that this shows cut content could have been left in the game without any further changes.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • prototype-builds-rotomdex-f.png

We were robbed of this beautiful baby.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Was anyone expecting gen 8 beta to leak because I wasn't.

ngl, still waiting on gen 5's beta to leak, but seeing the gen 8 betas leak is still interesting, nonetheless.

_pheebee

Years
  • After looking through this again, I am very angry at the removal of that minimap.
    Crown Tundra, and Isle of Armor are quite easy to get lost in and that minimap would have been a godsend.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, the minimap would have certainly helped exploration, not going to deny that. Wonder why they axed it...

_pheebee

Years
  • Might be fan demand?
    A lot of fans complained abuot the over use in Rotom as Technology in Sun and Moon.
    Rotom is the PC, A Phone, A Pokédex, A Drone, TV Cameras.
    Perhaps they thought a Mini Map as well is too far.
    though they could have just removed the Rotom like UI, or better yet stop using Rotom in everything now.

Back