• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire PAL Carts Experiencing Issues

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire PAL carts experiencing issues

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire PAL carts experiencing issues

Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have suddenly stopped working en masse. Make sure to get everything backed up whilst you can!
Years
  • Pokémon ORAS carts have had issues recently with not being read properly. However it now seems that the issue is exponentially getting worse. Read the article for more info!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is there a reason why it seems to only be happening on PAL region carts and not the others?

Years
  • Is there a reason why it seems to only be happening on PAL region carts and not the others?

I haven't fully looked into it, but I think this is mostly because that's where the issue was initially picked up on and why they're asking for more info where possible. The few comments I've seen about NTSC carts seem to show that currently the issue hasn't affected them as much, but that could be liable to change.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • yeah i've seen this going around social media lately. i figured that the cartridges would eventually die out, you know like how the batteries in older games do, but this is less than a decade in this case so that's. kind of terrifying. really feel for people that lost their save files though, it always sucks, but i don't think anyone was expecting 3DS cartridge saves to fizzle out this fast.

Years
  • yeah i've seen this going around social media lately. i figured that the cartridges would eventually die out, you know like how the batteries in older games do, but this is less than a decade in this case so that's. kind of terrifying. really feel for people that lost their save files though, it always sucks, but i don't think anyone was expecting 3DS cartridge saves to fizzle out this fast.

Yeah considering the ROM currently used seems to be made to live at least a decade, it's kinda wild to see this. Also worrying that other games have reported having the issue too... kinda thinking a mass 3DS game exodus might be on the horizon.

wasn't expecting an ORAS article 6/7 years after it was released!

Well it's a very current issue!

Years
  • I'm afraid of trying my AS copy now. Luckily I have all my saves backed up, but I would hate to lose my cartridge.

Years
  • Both of them were still working fine for me roughly 4 months ago. Don't really have a reason to try them again atm xD
    It's a good thing I transferred all my rare/valuable mons off of them I suppose =o

Years
  • Mine works fine since I checked it yesterday and I hope it will stay that way for a long time. Are there any info on if they expect this issue to happen to all of PAL cartridges in the near future or is there hope that it's just an issue with a "small" amount of cartridges?

Years
  • Mine works fine since I checked it yesterday and I hope it will stay that way for a long time. Are there any info on if they expect this issue to happen to all of PAL cartridges in the near future or is there hope that it's just an issue with a "small" amount of cartridges?

There's too little info on this as a whole from what I know, so I'm not sure if we can expect it to happen to all the PAL copies at some point. Some people didn't experience anything like this with theirs either.

I don't have a PAL copy personally but would really stink if I had some good things still stored in them and these issues happened. :x Glad I moved most of what I had over to HOME.

Years
  • PAL means European right? Not to do with American cartridges? I have Omega Ruby downloaded to my 3DS and a Alpha Sapphire cartridge. Pretty sure they're both American. Scared to check both personally because god forbid it'll effect American cartridges down the line. That'd suck. Now i'm scared of the future of American cartridges.

Back