• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet previews released

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet previews released

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet previews released

We got confirmation that Shiny Pokémon can appear in the overworld! But some say performance could be better…
Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Did not glean too much interesting stuff from the news. One appreciated point:
    Serebii Article said:
    Items also fill the overworld, but you can see them from far away through various auras shooting up into the sky, and the same with Tera Raid Battle dens, which also appear on the map.
    Thank you for learning. Hated trying to find that last Raid Den sometimes.

Does not understand this one, though.
    Serebii Article on Tera Raid Battles said:
    It's still turn-based, but you don't need to wait for other players to make their move in order to do yours.
    Still turn-based, but also ignoring other peoples' turns. ...What? Assumes an Active Battle Time system like Chrono Trigger at this point. Is not unhappy about that. Wonders if Speed affects your time between turns.

Oh, right. Also touched on removing the gender lock on appearance stuff. Approves of that.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm glad it's still turn based because the way it was handled in Legends needs polishing before it can be the new norm.

I'll watch the video later, I'm watching an anime atm. Will edit the post once I do.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I feel like the bad performance is just the cartage without a patch. There will probably be a Day 1 patch to fix a lot of issues.
    I am glad shinies are in the overworld again. Everything also I am in different about because I am fine with most of it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I feel like the bad performance is just the cartage without a patch. There will probably be a Day 1 patch to fix a lot of issues.
    I am glad shinies are in the overworld again. Everything also I am in different about because I am fine with most of it.

I believe there was bottom text in another trailer to say "software update will be required", so there will probably will be a day 1 patch.

Years
  • Yes, some issues with things but I am hoping it'll be fixed upon launch day. I am also gonna assume there will be a day 1 patch more than likely.

Back