• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Presents announces new Netflix series, Pokémon Sleep, Gen 9 DLC

Pokémon Sleep finally shows up, while Scarlet and Violet DLC Part 1 will begin in Autumn this year.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think the only thing missing that I was expecting was the Pokemon GB and GBA games on +Expansion. But it makes sense that they wouldn't announce them till after the 3DS EShop close down. Because now people will buy the Virtual Console, thinking older games won't be available on +Expansion. And then they turn around and announce them after 3DS close down, milking as much money as possible.

Everything else was what I expected. Other than Mobile games, the last 5 minutes was for SV DLC while the first 20 was them talking and mobile games.

There was also the show, which I already forgot about. I personally hate stop animation/claymation so I probably will never watch it. They did mention the Manga, so maybe.... just maybe we will get a manga adaption of the show eventually.

Years
I almost forgot it was airing today. It was underwhelming. I'm glad I wasn't watching it live.

Pokémon Sleep sounds cool. I experimented with some sleep trackers, but usually dropped them after some time. So I'll be checking this one too. I love the art style of the characters. But I'm sad that it seems way too Kanto-centered for my liking. Pokémon GO plus+ is stupid name. What is this supposed to be? Notepad++? The new profesor is chad tho.

That new series from Netflix could go any way. It's Netflix, so I predict we won't get more than one season.

SV DLC looks like fun. If they are not overpriced, I might return to SV and check them out. But I have no expectations towards them. The masked legendary Pokémon looks somewhat boring, but I like the other legendary and DLC settings quite a lot. It reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX for some reason.

Couldn't care less for the rest of the Direct.

Years
The Sleep Plus+ had me shrug. Wasn't there already a band of some kind for PGO? I guess that dies out fast.
Already have my DLC pre-ordered, the legendaries look meh, but I'm hoping playthrough changes my mind.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
I'm surprised few people have replied here so far.

I kept my expectations in check for this "Pokémon Presents," and I was willing to wait until after all the mobile game stuff to hear about the main series news.

Will I actually try Pokémon Sleep? no, I got insomnia.

What I really wanted to talk about was the potential re-releases of Gens I through III. I don't think it'll happen, and if it does, they'll probably leave Europe high and dry. PEGI says any new game that encourages gambling (which RBY probably do in their eyes, as SOMEONE has to gamble to get a Porygon to catch them all) automatically gets the 18 rating, so they'd have to release the games as is without online trading or take the L and accept the 18 rating, and neither of those things sound like something TPCi would do. I don't know of any legal precedent at this point.

I don't know a lot about the public perception of gambling over in Europe, so I don't want to open my mouth and look stupid. I do not know for certain why Sonic Origins released in Europe with zero problems regarding the gambling. I have heard speculation, but I do not know. I don't want to promote misinformation about that, so I won't go further. I do not know how the PEGI ratings work for 100% certain.

For that matter, I would love to be wrong. I would love for Game Freak to put RSE and the Kanto remakes on Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack. I just don't know if they will. I'm really worried about legal game preservation in this franchise.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 16, 2023
not gonna lie, i keep my expectations low and still got disappointed lmfao
will i watch the new netflix series? probably. did i think the classic tcg set was cool? hell yeah will i atleast try pokemon sleep? of course
but i kinda expected a little more, it really felt like they made a whole presents just show the S/V DLC and just threw in some extra stuff just to make the video longer imo. some parts of it felt dragged out even.
i actually expect the classic games to be on the virtual console on switch and like a huge part of its fandom - a new pmd or a remake of one. which is why maybe it was dissapointing to me.
i can only imagine the let down for people expecting more than me- like people expecting a gen 5 remake or the S/V DLC being on kalos.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'm surprised few people have replied here so far.

I kept my expectations in check for this "Pokémon Presents," and I was willing to wait until after all the mobile game stuff to hear about the main series news.

Will I actually try Pokémon Sleep? no, I got insomnia.

What I really wanted to talk about was the potential re-releases of Gens I through III. I don't think it'll happen, and if it does, they'll probably leave Europe high and dry. PEGI says any new game that encourages gambling (which RBY probably do in their eyes, as SOMEONE has to gamble to get a Porygon to catch them all) automatically gets the 18 rating, so they'd have to release the games as is without online trading or take the L and accept the 18 rating, and neither of those things sound like something TPCi would do. I don't know of any legal precedent at this point.

I don't know a lot about the public perception of gambling over in Europe, so I don't want to open my mouth and look stupid. I do not know for certain why Sonic Origins released in Europe with zero problems regarding the gambling. I have heard speculation, but I do not know. I don't want to promote misinformation about that, so I won't go further. I do not know how the PEGI ratings work for 100% certain.

For that matter, I would love to be wrong. I would love for Game Freak to put RSE and the Kanto remakes on Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack. I just don't know if they will. I'm really worried about legal game preservation in this franchise.

I think it be dumb if the Pokemon Company didn't. Even if they can't release them in Europe, which won't matter given that you can change your location on your Switch. they would still get thousands of people getting + Expansion just to get those games again. I mean people bought the Virtual Console games, so they've already been rereleased once. To them, Europe is a small minority compared to USA and Japan.

So I am almost certain it will happen with Pokemon TCG and Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 already confirmed. But I think they are waiting.

As I said, people are still buying the Virtual Console, even more people are now because they don't think it is coming to +Expansion. So they are making even more money buy causing people to think the classic aren't coming. When the 3DS Store closes down at the end of March, an announcement will come I am betting. It might be in June, since that is when they tend to have another Pokemon Direct, but it will come. Summer is my biggest bet is when they will release every single GB, GBA, and N64 Pokemon game on +Expansion. Especially when that is when a large amount of people buy games during Summer.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Sleep: Not interested in a sleep tracker. Likes all the different Pokemon poses.

Netflix series: Does not subscribe to Netflix. Zoned out while this ran, to be honest.

Old Trading Card Game set: Feels like a nostalgia cash-in. Looks nice, if nothing else.

Home: Expected an actual date, if not a straight "after this presentation".

Unite, Cafe Remix, Go: Plays none of these games.

Walking Wake + Iron Leaves: Hopes for them to be available in the DLC too. Caught Walking Wake, no problem. Lacks an online subscription for Iron Leaves. Feels neutral on both designs.

Scarlet/Violet DLC: Is not very excited about the new Pokemon or the DLC yet. Expects more than just readding Pokemon and introducing yet another legendary pinata location. Wants to hear about what it offers beyond that.

Agrees with Iceshadow3317 on making old games available once again soon. How could they resist the easy money of reselling their game again? Might be standalone games, however, rather than Virtual Console. Ported tons of games to the Switch. Cannot remaster all of them (very quickly).

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I watched this an hour afterward in my work break, so I was able to skip through everything except for the S/V news, so I don't really have anything to say about the rest.

I was hoping for S/V DLC, and that's what we got! Am I super hyped for it, though? Not really, I'm afraid. Which is good because it is 8+ months out.

Just the location choice of returning to Japan isn't too exciting for me. I hate to say that, and I doubt it will effect my opinion of the DLC much in the end. I'm mostly meh on the new Pokemon. The new bird is neat. Not a fan of the rest, though. Like the bipedal dog is just...meh. I can't complain much. I got my top favorite legendaries in Gen 8.

Years
The stop motion series looks really cute! Not something I expected at all, but Sleep was what I was hoping for so it's cool we finally got that. \o/ Already preordered the new GO Plus+ lol.

Back