• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 5/11 Pokémon Get TV announcement

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    That trailer was a bit of a non-entity. Is there not a Kyogre vs. Groundon battle in SR or is that just in Emerald?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    That trailer was a bit of a non-entity. Is there not a Kyogre vs. Groundon battle in SR or is that just in Emerald?

Only in Emerald do Kyogre and Groudon battle, yes. They are awakened alone in Ruby and Sapphire.

So I guess we can infer from this footage that they may be sticking to RS's plot more so than Emerald's.

Years
  • I didn't expect much. I mean, it won't be out until November, we weren't going to get much. I'm content with these cut scenes of Groudon and Kyogre. Its good to see them in 3D! This looks a lot like the battle they have, I was actually expecting Rayquaza at the end because it was all cloudy. This was before I realized it was just Drizzle activating haha.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • That trailer was a bit of a non-entity. Is there not a Kyogre vs. Groundon battle in SR or is that just in Emerald?

It is just in Emerald. It was probably the start of the cutscene that happens in Emerald. And it could just be a random battle to introduce the mascots like in XY. They showed Xernias and Yvelta battling one another multiple times in commercials and trailers, but they did not battle in the games.

All I really wanted in this showcase, was to confirm that it was in 3d and not 2d like it was on GBA. I am very glad it is 3D as I have said about 10 times now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    It is just in Emerald. It was probably the start of the cutscene that happens in Emerald. And it could just be a random battle to introduce the mascots like in XY. They showed Xernias and Yvelta battling one another multiple times in commercials and trailers, but they did not battle in the games.

Wait what??? I'm pretty sure the confrontation happens in Ruby and Sapphire as well o_O

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Wait what??? I'm pretty sure the confrontation happens in Ruby and Sapphire as well o_O

No. Groudon never shows up in Sapphire and the same goes for Kyogre in Ruby. In Sapphire and Ruby we confront them in the cave that is in the 8th gym town and we catch it. But there is no battle between the legends.

In Emerald, we find Aqua and Maga controling both the legends and we are sent to wake up Rayquaza so it can stop the fighting. After we awake him, we go back to the 8th gym town where we find Magma and Aqua fighting in the middle of the water with the legends. When we arrive, Rayquaza arrives and breaks the fighting up and they then randomly appear in caves around Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    No. Groudon never shows up in Sapphire and the same goes for Kyogre in Ruby.

Wow. Coulda sworn that wasn't the case, but you're right. I guess I just remember seeing the two over world sprites in Emerald as something so iconic back in the day lol

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Those cutscenes looked REALLY nice. I can't wait to see the finished product.

However, I admittedly wanted something more. How about some overworld, even if it was only for 5 seconds? :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    The official Pokémon Youtube page just released this video of some of the footage seen on Pokémon Get TV:

I found it to be a disappointment...the video that is. The sneak peek should have had more to it than this rather just seeing Kyoge and Groundon. Leave it to Nintendo to lead us along with sticky string. Hopefully there will be a lot more footage at E3 witch is coming up soon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, it's only in Emerald. Just needs the Rayquazza flying down from the heavens. :V

Which isn't surprising, if they are both to appear right after the other like that. HGSS was based on Crystal (that is, a whole bunch of HGSS stuff included things like Eusine, even though you didn't catch Suicune before Ho-oh/Lugia), so it'd make sense that Emerald is followed, at least to an extent.

Regarding the footage itself - this is why I never expect much from it, haha. Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, and this sort of thing happens at least once for each new game release.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I also think they'll leave out a MegaRayquaza until post-main story. They may have a whole mini event for Rayquaza, sort of like Suicune, but larger.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • 1. If this is a battle that means that water Pokemon will all have unique animations in the water.
    2. Groudon's animation is awesome..dat star
    3. The sprites seem..a better quality. Maybe it's just because I don't have contacts in and I can't really see the graphics in X/Y to compare them with.

Either way..

5/11 Pokémon Get TV announcement

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I doubt it's a battle in the typical sense, it may be the 3D version of the battle between them in RSE which was only a picture cutscene at the time.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If the footage was showcasing an actual battle and not just a cutscene, I would hope those animations were only used in that one (story-specific) instance. As amazing as it looked, I wouldn't want to have to sit through and watch that animation every time a Groudon or Kyogre came into battle--it's too long for that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really had hoped for more, honestly. I waited on Blade's stream for a while to see it and we all started lol'ing when we realized we waited like an hour for almost nothing, haha.

To me, it really looked like a cutscene, but it also does kind of look like XY's battles, but there really is no way to tell since we have such little information. I think that was kinda the point tho :p

I think that the story will mostly line up with Emerald's, but instead of following both Team Aqua & Magma, there will be an emphasis on one depending on what version. I imagine you'll have to go get Rayquaza like in Emerald, and then once the fighting stops you'll form some sort of bond between the legendaries (possibly relating to their new forms/Megas/etc?) and you can catch it.

Back