• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • I hope they don't make another god Pokemon. Really. It will be a battle of the "LET'S SEE HOW HIGH WE CAN MAKE THE LEGENDARY POKAYMAN'S BASE STATS BEFORE THE FANBASE REALIZES THAT WE'RE NOT ACTUALLY ADDING MUCH CONTENT"

Years
  • Umm... why are some folks anticipating new hardware already?
    First of all, the press release is pretty clear about it being released for the DS.
    Additionally, the DS is still young. We don't even have the DSi LL stateside yet. Nintendo wouldn't invest that much time and energy into a product that would be dead in the water in a year.

but lord knows I can't wait for new pokemon. I'm so ready to break 500 pokemon. How many new pokes you think we'll get? Dig it.
    In the meantime, English SoulSilver will keep me occupied.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.I'd laugh if we only got 7 new pokemon.

Either that or 107.

And hell i hope it's gonna be on DSi, whatever it is, as i just got one for christmas.
    Still, if you don't read japanese, i reckon you'll be waiting til 2012 for this game, like me

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'm also psyched but bobandbill is right we could be in for an unexpected suprise.

If no new types are invented I'd like to see so unique type combinations like Fire/Dragon and maybe a Ditto evo and Girafarig. But I don't want too many evos and pre-evos of older Pokemon I want them to be original unlike 4th Gen.

I'm also really excited for Ruby & Sapphire remakes.

The Red Chain

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high though cause Nintendo likes to play tricks on us. XD;
    But this is still really exciting never the less.
    C'mon Gamefreak don't let us down, make this new gen rock. (b'u')b

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html

The Official Pokemon Website says that it's a new main series game.
    No, it doesn't. I'm reading the translation off Bulbapedia and while I can see how you can interpret it that way, there isn't anything directly saying that it's the fifth generation. You can't really say it's confirmed when so far we have roundabout phrases and speculation based off a number of clues. It's possible, perhaps even likely that it's the fifth generation, but it has not been 100% confirmed.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Guys, this is Gen V confirmed.
    New Pokemon In Main Series Game = New Generation
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html

The Official Pokemon Website says that it's a new main series game.
    New Pokemon doesn't mean gen 5 though. Pokemon XD was a same-gen game and had new Pokemon as well.... as cameos. New main series game - what if Game Freak decide to make a 2nd series that differs from the main series somewhat, or is still a 4th gen game with a new region if they want to pad out the DS and wait for the next handheld console for a new gen? Patterns are made to be broken after all (and either way a pattern of some sort is borken - gap between gens, or the gap between a new Pokemon confirmed and a new gen game). Unlikely but possible. Let's not jump up and down just yet - likely its a 5th gen, but as I said disappointment has been had before. =P After all if you don't get overly excited, it makes the actual confirmation more fun arguably, and means a disappointment won't affect one so much.
    (Edit: oh lord, you know what I just thought of? What if it's a Crystal remake? I really hope that isn't the case.)
    Nah, that I doubt. HG/SS is already basically a Crystal remake anyway, as it has the stuff Crystal had that GS didn't.
    If no new types are invented I'd like to see so unique type combinations like Fire/Dragon and maybe a Ditto evo and Girafarig. But I don't want too many evos and pre-evos of older Pokemon I want them to be original unlike 4th Gen.
    I'd be iffy on new types - the system is already more or less steady as it is, for one, and if a new type came along that would require reworking stuff like Hidden Power and the such... and maybe would mean 4th gen would not be compatible with the 5th gen, ala 2nd and 3rd gen as 3rd gen had to change up the mechanics. (Assuming it's a 5th gen game of course, but IMO if not now it'll happen sooner or later anyway).

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    If they don't have a Miltank/Tauros prevo or a male Combee evo I'm going to scream.

Years
  • If they don't have a Miltank/Tauros prevo or a male Combee evo I'm going to scream.

Please. No what really bothers me is that there still isn't a baby Kangaskan and a male (whose name better play off of Genghis). I'd scream without that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back