• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Mystery dungeon?

Years
  • They honestly need to make a third version of the game. It has the emotional content that the main games sorely lack, epic music to go along with it, and it doesn't get too boring once the main storyline is over, due to the 99-floor dungeons. It remains the only game to make me cry, thrice. Those guys over at Nintendo better make a new, better one >:D

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    Sadly I don't think this series is as popular as the normal game (by normal I mean the "gotta catch them all" game), but yes indeed they should make it and this series has so much potential.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Considering that the previous entries in the franchise didn't sell brilliantly, in comparison to other Pokemon spin-offs, and that the most recent one hasn't even been released outside of Japan, it appears unlikely that there'll be another one any time soon. Maybe if the games attracted more attention commercially and critically, there might be more of a demand, but there isn't... so there won't be, unfortunately.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon series, all games were creative and had lots to keep you occupied so I'm kinda surprised that it wasn't all that popular because it was a great series in my eyes.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • A 5th generation in PMD form would be the only reason I'd get it in the first place. I passionately despise 5th generation at a universal level. Why? The Pokémon, as well as the characters, no longer look original.

Anyway, if a 5th generation PMD were to come out, the only reason I'd buy it is because it is a PMD title.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
    Years
  • Heh a 5th gen PMD would be awesome since I played all the mystery dungeon series I can't wait for nintendo to create it! :)

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
  • I'd be disappointed if a fifth generation mystery dungeon wasn't made. To be fair, I think the recent Mystery Dungeon wasn't released in America because it wasn't embraced as much as the handheld versions. WiiWare isn't a good platform to continue the series on.

One thing I like about Mystery Dungeon is how the Pokemon have both abilities at once. I'd love to see that with Dream World. Sheer Force/Guts/Iron Fist Conkeldurr, anyone?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I agree, I think when people think of "Pokemon" and "Wii" they will think it's a younger kid's game and won't really be motivated or want to check it out (especially because I think the Japanese Wii PMDs had phrases like "Let's go!" "Keep at it!" in the titles iirc) I believe if it was made for handheld even on the 3DS it would be cool.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    I would kill for another PMD game! Although I agree with tj4bigred, WiiWare is not a very good choice for a PMD game. A 3DS title would be interesting, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've been waiting for one of these for quite some time. I can't help but wonder how the storyline there will play out, if it's ever made.

I also enjoyed the past Mystery Dungeon games, so that's a plus.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • I hope they do make one and as ryln99 said, they were pretty emotional with them being fugitives in blue rescue team, and the character disappearing and what not in sky/time/darkness. The thing i love and truly despise, was Primal Dialga. His damn roar of time killed you in one shot or two if you were lucky. i always throw sleep seeds at him and then proceed to take him down, honestly that was hardest part of the game. Darkrai and Palkia were easy. anyways i would so buy it if they made one.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I hope they do make one and as ryln99 said, they were pretty emotional with them being fugitives in blue rescue team, and the character disappearing and what not in sky/time/darkness. The thing i love and truly despise, was Primal Dialga. His damn roar of time killed you in one shot or two if you were lucky. i always throw sleep seeds at him and then proceed to take him down, honestly that was hardest part of the game. Darkrai and Palkia were easy. anyways i would so buy it if they made one.
    You did not have 80 levels when you went to Primal Dialga? xD

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years

• You did not have 80 levels when you went to Primal Dialga? xD

lol no xD, and the scary thing is when you recruit him, he is only Lv. 47/48 xD
    Mine were in the 50's to 60's. It was hard enough getting to Temporal Pinnacle with all those Salamence, Metagross and Porygon Z's, Let alone winning against him xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • lol no xD, and the scary thing is when you recruit him, he is only Lv. 47/48 xD
    Mine were in the 50's to 60's. It was hard enough getting to Temporal Pinnacle with all those Salamence, Metagross and Porygon Z's, Let alone winning against him xD
    Really? The first time I've gone to beat him I've had only late 40s and obliterated him pretty quickly :D
    (Well I did have Focus Punch Riolu that's a fact xD)

Nerketur

PokéScripter
    Years
  • They should definitly make one! Given what they did in Sky, making a new one would just be so awesome! As far as Primal Dialga, he was pretty easy. Even easierr the second and third times. Pikachu, Double team, agility, Thunderbolt, discharge (in Sky) with an Eevee as a partner, or in time: Pikachu: discharge, Thunder, Agility, Thunderbolt.; Chickorita: Safeguard, Magical Leaf, Razor Leaf, ? In time, I just used a LOT of sleep seeds. Sky, Roar of time always missed me. (Double team FTW!)

In any case, I think they could make an awesome story. Especially considering the AWESOME story of Black/White.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Explorers of sky got middling scores overall (a undeserved 56 in Metacrtic and a mind-numbingly absurd 49 from IGN.) which it didn't deserve seeing how surprisingly close it is to the main series gameplay. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 5th gen version of it for the 3DS or even DS, let's just hope the critics are smart enough to realise the quality in the mystery dungeon games. Ramble over.

Michielleus

That random guy
    Years
  • I would really like to play a 5th gen PMD. I've played all the others before (except the Japanese ones that only came out on WiiWare)
    I hope Gamefreak is already doing something with the idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2012
    I'd like a 5th gen PMD.

Of course, for me it gets redundant way more than the original pokemon series so I can't say I'd buy it, but it would be cool

Back