• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Poll

Do you think they should make a 5th generation?

• Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    Not meaning to be mean, but whats your problem? You can have your opinions, but we are NOT trying to turn people against pokemon. We just think that the generations should end here. Well about 1/3 of us atleast. I have gotten every pokemon game so far exept battle revolution, and I dont think you shouldnt call me a Pokemon fan because of my 1 opinion. You shouldnt call ANY of us a non-pokemon fan just because of our opinions.

Well, I WAS rough. IMO I think that really Pokemon is a never-ending trend. I mean, it was original before it was bit off of too many times (Digimon (No offense to you fans)).

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Yeah, I think that Digimon did follow off of Pokemon, but when I was younger I didnt care lol.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Actually... I think that digimon came out first! ...But remember, I said I think, so don't hold that against me. But still, You should buy diamond or pearl, its not like the next generation (if there is gonna be one) is gonna pop right of the bushes, these things take time, so while that time is passing, what do you have better to do than play the most recent gen Pokemon game.

And listen, do you really think that this is the last pokemon generation? If it was, I would expect Nintendo to actually announce that this was there last gen, seriously, this Diamond and Pearl have been out for almost a year in Japan, and if its been almost a year since it first hit the shelves, they would have already announced that it would be the last generation. So, do you actually believe that this is the last generation?

Last edited:

m

Years
    Actually... I think that digimon came out first! ...But remember, I said I think, so don't hold that against me. But still, You should buy diamond or pearl, its not like the next generation (if there is gonna be one) is gonna pop right of the bushes, these things take time, so while that time is passing, what do you have better to do than play the most recent gen Pokemon game.

And listen, do you really think that this is the last pokemon generation? If it was, I would expect Nintendo to actually announce that this was there last gen, seriously, this Diamond and Pearl have been out for almost a year in Japan, and if its been almost a year since it first hit the shelves, they would have already announced that it would be the last generation. So, do you actually believe that this is the last generation?

I dont "think" its the last generation, I said that I "hope" its the last generation.

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    Ok, as with all big companies..nintendo wants money. Pokemon is the 2nd biggest franchise they have other than mario. They wont make it die like that. All they need to do is add something great for the fans AND non-fans. (AHEM IV AND EV CHECKER AHEM)(LONGER STORY =.=) maybe, just maybe nintendo will be smart and features that really mean something.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Please no, I seriously don't want a 5th gen. I mean 4th gen was okay but, not really all that great :\.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I personally like the old pokemon up through G/S/C the best, especially the first 150. The pokemon are starting to get repetitive, bland. I love pokemon, it's just a remake of gold and silver is needed. I miss Johto...

PenguinGengar

um skooz me wut r u doing sir?
    Years
    What I don't understand is...why would anyone NOT want a new generation?

I know this sounds like an odd question, but honestly, all a 5th generation would dp is add to the amount of Pokemon everyone likes, and add to the amount they dislike. No big deal. New ideas are always good. And if you happen to like none at all simply don't buy the game and let the people who DO like them buy it.

treytrey113

a crazy dreaming hacker
    Years
    good idea

i mean if they go to 10th gen i will still be playing it just for the sake i played since i was 8 and i am 17 and sill playing it.

m

Years
    What I don't understand is...why would anyone NOT want a new generation?

I know this sounds like an odd question, but honestly, all a 5th generation would dp is add to the amount of Pokemon everyone likes, and add to the amount they dislike. No big deal. New ideas are always good. And if you happen to like none at all simply don't buy the game and let the people who DO like them buy it.

Well its obvious that 13 of us already want NO new generation. Not just because of the bland pokemon coming out, but they should just start making remakes, with no new pokemon. Its just getting boring, I dont want new pokemon or new regions, just GSC remakes, and maybe all the games put in 1 or whatever.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    They should make a G/S/C remake by 2009.
    They should also make a remake of yellow a year later.
    Have 5th Generation released by 2010.
    They should make an MMORPG by 2010 where you can basicly do anything, and make itatleast £5.00/$8.00

End Pokémon Series with Ash and Brock there, and start with a new kid like 10 years later in the series. And then have breeth moments of Ash or summit. End the crap with Ash and Pikachu, its geting old. To end it with Ash, you've got to do a huge tournament and get Ash to win with his Charizard, Sceptile, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, etc. etc. In the biggest way possible, as big as the way they ended the Doctor Who Series 2007.

Pokémon doesn't have to end, you just have to find a new way to keep it going. Like I said, new characters to lead the storylines would do it. Release new Pokémon for it, and cut down on the Pokémon movies, they give too much away.

kuku-melon

carbonero
    Years
    well...

First of all, I think that gamefreak WILL do a 5º gen. this is a little obvious since they make tons of money everytime they release some new game or pokes... However I really don't think I'd like that generation since 4º gen. is simply sad, the pokes from that generation doesn't look like animals or mythology creatures antmore... I mean, in the first gen. pokes could be disguised as real animals, ,for example maybe one day you were walking by the streets and you fouund a bird that looked like a zapdos or something, but where in this world would anyone find a steel dragon beast that controls time or whatever and that looks like a giant blue dog with long neck and lots of steel spikes that grow form his back!?!?!?!?!?
    I think that with this 4º gen. the guys from gamefreak have showed to the world that their imagination is simply gone...
    Also, about what they should do with the series and the games, well, I think that for the games what they should is to make a new rpg game with a new region if they want but with a different storyline, not the tipical "a little boy that grown up, got his first poke from profesor x, defeated the 8 gyms, the elite 4, he also managed to stop team x from using a legendary poke for conquering the world"... I'm simply sick of that... And for the series I really don't know what they should do since I haven't watched it for the last 4 years... once in a while I watch some episode but the episodes haven't changed at all from the first season, they're always the same: meet new people or help somebody or defeat team rocket or win a gym badge... it has always been the same s**t, and also, they are made for a public between 8-12 years old...

Well, I hope that you could understand what I said even if my english is not very good...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    First of all, I think that gamefreak WILL do a 5º gen. this is a little obvious since they make tons of money everytime they release some new game or pokes... However I really don't think I'd like that generation since 4º gen. is simply sad, the pokes from that generation doesn't look like animals or mythology creatures antmore... I mean, in the first gen. pokes could be disguised as real animals, ,for example maybe one day you were walking by the streets and you fouund a bird that looked like a zapdos or something, but where in this world would anyone find a steel dragon beast that controls time or whatever and that looks like a giant blue dog with long neck and lots of steel spikes that grow form his back!?!?!?!?!?
    I think that with this 4º gen. the guys from gamefreak have showed to the world that their imagination is simply gone...
    Also, about what they should do with the series and the games, well, I think that for the games what they should is to make a new rpg game with a new region if they want but with a different storyline, not the tipical "a little boy that grown up, got his first poke from profesor x, defeated the 8 gyms, the elite 4, he also managed to stop team x from using a legendary poke for conquering the world"... I'm simply sick of that... And for the series I really don't know what they should do since I haven't watched it for the last 4 years... once in a while I watch some episode but the episodes haven't changed at all from the first season, they're always the same: meet new people or help somebody or defeat team rocket or win a gym badge... it has always been the same s**t, and also, they are made for a public between 8-12 years old...

Well, I hope that you could understand what I said even if my english is not very good...

Well I'm sorry if you've lost your imagination. They're were a couple laspes in design but most of the ideas were all good. As for your steel dragon complaint. That IS myhtology, every civiliztion has their gods, whether they're people, birds or something nameless. There was a legend about Dialga, a legend that is shared with some cultures if just represented differently.

For the people that don't want new regions and new pokemon, because they think the other games are so much higher quality. Get over it, new regions and pokemon are what Make pokemon, it would die it they didn't. It's the new regions and pokemon, that made everyone so excited when G/S/C came out, its the reason everyone enjoyed those games so much. The plot was similar to R/B, but our imaginations took over. We were somewhere different with new opertunities and faces, how could it be the same.
    If you didn't enjoy D/P, i bet if you go back and play Gold again, you'll be just as dissapointed.
    For people that don't want a new generation because of an over-used plot and boring pokemon, then your going to have to leave the franchise behind. They'res plenty to get excited over, if everyone wasn't intrigued, you would have never bought Diamond or Pearl in the first place.

The new adventures and challenges are what make pokemon. I have no problem leaving places behind, but I like to keep my pokemon, but that feeling of starting anew is the best part of every game.
    The pro's outway the cons, I just wish everyone could see it that way. I for one will be happy when the fifth gen is released.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Well I'm sorry if you've lost your imagination. They're were a couple laspes in design but most of the ideas were all good. As for your steel dragon complaint. That IS myhtology, every civiliztion has their gods, whether they're people, birds or something nameless. There was a legend about Dialga, a legend that is shared with some cultures if just represented differently.

For the people that don't want new regions and new pokemon, because they think the other games are so much higher quality. Get over it, new regions and pokemon are what Make pokemon, it would die it they didn't. It's the new regions and pokemon, that made everyone so excited when G/S/C came out, its the reason everyone enjoyed those games so much. The plot was similar to R/B, but our imaginations took over. We were somewhere different with new opertunities and faces, how could it be the same.
    If you didn't enjoy D/P, i bet if you go back and play Gold again, you'll be just as dissapointed.
    For people that don't want a new generation because of an over-used plot and boring pokemon, then your going to have to leave the franchise behind. They'res plenty to get excited over, if everyone wasn't intrigued, you would have never bought Diamond or Pearl in the first place.

The new adventures and challenges are what make pokemon. I have no problem leaving places behind, but I like to keep my pokemon, but that feeling of starting anew is the best part of every game.
    The pro's outway the cons, I just wish everyone could see it that way. I for one will be happy when the fifth gen is released.

*Applause* XD

Thank you, I support you 100%. That was a great post.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years

Take your attitude and foul mouth elsewhere. I will not tolerate people cussing under my watch.

PenguinGengar

um skooz me wut r u doing sir?
    Years
    First of all, not everyone thinks the D/P Pokemon are 'bland.' Heck, your avy is an Empoleon. o_o
    Secondly, they should make new gens, AND remake G/S/C, I think. I mean, why not? They made FR/LG, then they still made D/P. :3

Oops, meant to quote m's post above. o_o

Back