• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

9/11/2001: Where Were You?

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
Years
  • Meh, I was in 3rd grade celebrating a girl's birthday. Then, one by one, people started getting picked up. I was the last one to get picked up.

I didn't know what happend till 4 days later that day. But I wasn't really worried during those 4 days. I was pretty scared until my mom told me because my dad was in New York during the crash. He wasn't in the plane though, but he told me he saw it happen.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Israel... at my friends house doing homework on their computer...my mom was watching TV and I just hear her start freaking out and then I ran out to see what happened...=/

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • I was in my 8th grade English class when I found out what had happened. But that class was after lunch... my school waited until then to tell us the news. Most of us knew something really bad had happened since everyone seemed to be on edge, but the teachers and administrators refused to tell us anything. It was extremely scary to us since we're so close to NYC...

As soon as we found out about the tragedy, I remember one girl in my class getting really scared. Her father was on a plane that same day and she was terrified that he was on one of those planes. Luckily, he wasn't. I think only one member of my town died during the events of that day, and now my town has a foundation in honor of him.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    I was in class, looking out the window, at the towers, as it was happening. We're not really that far from it, so we had a clear view of everything. The class was boring, so I stared looking around as usual. And then I saw a crap load of smoke coming from one of the towers. And I told the whole class. And then the second plane hit. And we saw they collapsed.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i was at home getting ready for school when it happened (or i was about to wake up, one of those two). as soon as i got to school my friend started freaking out and telling me what had happened. i was really confused, i thought he was talking about the trans-america building (the pyramid shaped building in SF which is less than an hour from where i live). then i went to first period math where my teacher had the news on...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    I don't really know what i was doing when they fell. I diden't find out about it untell the next day, witch sucks. :\

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    September 11, 2001...

I was at home when I first saw what was happening on the news. I was at school all throughout the rest of the entire ordeal; I saw some of it on the news in my history class.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    Wow... I remember this day like it was yesterday...

I was in 7th grade.. and during my science class (the begining) my teacher came up to me and said "Your mom said your dad's okay" (This was before my mom passed away and was working in the school library, and when my dad was working at the towers.. on like the 80-something floor (he was late to work that day, so he wasn't in the buildings)) and my friend looked to me, and was like "What was that about".. and I was clueless to what the teacher had meant. Then about a second after that the announcement came on about the towers and I almost fainted.. even though I knew my dad was alright.. I didn't know about the countless amount of people I knew from that building that could be killed (counting all the awesome locksmiths there.. from when my dad used to be a locksmith there.. when I was like 5 o.o). And every class from science on we watched the news...

The thing that helped piss me off that day (because I was a raging <bleep> that day because of the attacks) was the fact that the elementery school did not tell my younger sister that my dad was fine, so she had to go a whole day not knowing if our dad was okay...

But yeah.. it's a sad thing... and it saddens me because my dad still works there (he's like one of the big guys at Ground Zero.. he's like met lots of important people and stuff), and he's taken me into the hole.. and we drove around.. to one part where you can still get into part of the parking/loading dock places (I think that's what it is).. and I can clearly remember walking through there when the towers were intact(which was many times from around age like 6 to like 12)...

crystal_mew

- n i h i l i s t -
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Heh...September 11th. I remember that day.

I was...what, in 3rd Grade at the time. Learning. About cursive. Then, the next day, my teachers were spazzing and my class mates were talking about it everywhere. Me, on the other hand, had no idea what the hell was going on. I never did.

People told me to watch the news when I get home...I did. And I laughed and said, "COOL!". My Mom stared at me and called me crazy. o_o; Heh...heh. I was such a foolish child then. I even remeber building lego towers and ramming my lil' brothers plane into it. To this day, the whole Twin Towers incident still doesn't bother me alot...not sure as to why. Guess 'apathetic' really does describe me. =\

Years
  • Hmm... I was sleeping, when I turned on the TV to watch Pokemon, to see a news report showing all this footage of what had happened.

Later on I went to school and everyone was talking about what happened. Later on that night we were going to have a school disco and everyone thought that an airplane was going to smash into it (stupid I know... but that was how my class mates thought back then) We all wanted to watch the report but the teachers wouldn't let us. ;___; But hey, so I was mostly at school and at home on that day.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • I woke up to get ready for school when it happened. My grandma was watching the live report when I went downstairs.. Then the whole day at school we were basically praying and watching the news. o.o
    Nothing special..

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
  • I was on a plane heading back New York after my Uncles wedding and I also had a prety bad cold but they ended up turning us around after the pllanes hit and we had to rent a van and drive back.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    I was in 4th grade, and they announced a plane crashed into the world trade centers. I had no clue what that meant, and thought it was just like, and Air port or something. everyone strted getting picked up early, including me. We got a big screen TV that day, and the exact time my family turned it on, they were showing the plane hitting the first tower..

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
  • Kenshin11212 said:
    I was in class, looking out the window, at the towers, as it was happening. We're not really that far from it, so we had a clear view of everything. The class was boring, so I stared looking around as usual. And then I saw a crap load of smoke coming from one of the towers. And I told the whole class. And then the second plane hit. And we saw they collapsed.
    that mostly very tromatic!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I was at home using the comp,and mom comes in a says that a plane has crashed in to the WTC. I was abit naive back then and thought it was cool at first,but little did I know it was the opposite.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    It was like in the middle of the day so I was in shcool obviously.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    I will NEVER forget that moment. I was sitting in the front of my math class when my teacher came in with a lifeless expression on his face. He got into the front of the room and said "A plane has just flown into the World Trade Center" Now I was in 6th grade so I obviously wasn't that aware of the seriousness of the situation. Then I remeber him taking us into the World History room and half of the school being in that one room, the tv was on. When I saw the images being shown, and peoples reactions. It was then my world stopped and I realized just how serious this was.​

Back