• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-_- its not fair... -_-

Years
    -__-
    i just got back from the orthodontis/i found out that i need braces and this other appliance. THIS IS NOT FAIR things like this always happen to me. eye surgury, tongue surgury, numerous teeth probs... the list goes on and on. when willall this stoP?
    :(

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Maybe if ya Brush yar teeth properly XD Nah, just kidding... I feel sorry for ya -.-

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Braces aren't all that bad, I'm sorry about everything else though. I have braces, and my teeth are pretty straight, but I had an Overbite.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Maybe your family juzt haz a bad health hiztory neh? That can affect alot of what happenz to your health.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Hey, as Dizzy said, braces aren't all that bad! It's a very common thing--almost everyone gets braces at some point in their life. I had 'em for three years! I had a space between my two front teeth that could shelter a homeless family, heh...^_^; But, now they're straight; and, you wouldn't believe how worth it is in the end, Imakuni?. Now my teeth are all nice and straight! And if anyone knows about dental trouble, it'd be me...O_o I've had tons of problems when I was little. Bah...but, don't worry, everything'll turn out fine! ^_^

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    Hey, as Dizzy said, braces aren't all that bad! It's a very common thing--almost everyone gets braces at some point in their life. I had 'em for three years! I had a space between my two front teeth that could shelter a homeless family, heh...^_^; But, now they're straight; and, you wouldn't believe how worth it is in the end, Imakuni?. Now my teeth are all nice and straight! And if anyone knows about dental trouble, it'd be me...O_o I've had tons of problems when I was little. Bah...but, don't worry, everything'll turn out fine! ^_^

My Teeth were spaced, but they were in good alignment. Braces can be a ***** at sometime but they really don't hurt if you use the right techniques. Call me a nerd, but I was excited to get them on (you get to pick colors to put on for the ties)

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    toungue surgery? I'm sorry, I almost laughed when I saw that. Well, I guess it's not that funny to you, but ti sounds funny. Anyway, um, braces might hurt, I don't know, but they know cool most of the time, and they are good for screwed up teeth. Good luck.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    You're going to be in agony for the first day or so. And you're going to talk funny for a long time. But... oh wait, that's it. Braces suck. So does getting your wisdom teeth out. Ah well. Good luck. And keep track of your retainers when you get 'em.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Braces scare me o_O I don't really need them, though, I guess I'm fortunate. I'd just hate to not be able to eat potato chips for years just to straighten my teeth a little bit...the one thing I've never been criticized for is my teeth, strangely enough. Well I hope you can get braces that are comfortable for you and that they don't get in your way...I can imagine how scary it must be to be told you need those o_o;;

*is scared, has a dental appointment for next month*

shining_light

Dolphins. ^^. School. ;-;
    Years
    Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    Ya know, she's rite ^^. when i first got my braces, i was like this: NO! no gum! they have taken all my favorite foods away! but now, i'm happy with them...only 1 more year to go! and Sayuri no Hoshi, i also had a gap to shelter a homeless family XD. and i had a really bad Overbite...;_; you'll get used to it, Imakuni?. it's really bad once they get it on, but once it's over, you'll be like Hey, this wasn't that bad ^^.
    ~Lil' Schu

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Imakuni? said:
    im gonna get pink! coz eceryone knowes TOUGH GUYZ WEAR PINK!

That's the way to go bro!

Seriously though, braces are not all that bad (like people have said). A lot of people don't like them because they are extremely easy to see, but there are some that you can get that are not as visible, thus making them look better. Also, it will help in the long run, as a lot of girls like guys with a nice set of teeth.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to have to get braces soon too, ah well, don't have much to lose. =p

Fuzzy

Junior Dragoon
    Years
    My sister had braces put on a few years ago.... but for some reason I think I just don't see them any more. In fact, now I'm even wondering if she even still has them.......... (hmmmmmmmm)

As for myself I have naturally aligned teeth so there's no problem for me there :D. Although I do have a slightly crooked tooth that no doctor has managed to spot though. You can only tell its crooked if you look at it from a specific angle and then its just minor. But maybe someday...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Dude, sorry about that. o__o;; These things just happen and there's nothing we can do about it. I know I'm not good at comforting XD;;

Anyways, braces don't sound bad. But you do have to brush yer teeth constantly. O_o;

*dies*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Iveechan said:
    You're going to be in agony for the first day or so. And you're going to talk funny for a long time. But... oh wait, that's it. Braces suck. So does getting your wisdom teeth out. Ah well. Good luck. And keep track of your retainers when you get 'em.
    The first day is pretty harsh on wisdom teeth, but really once you stop bleeding the only thing that sucks is the diet. ._.;
    I?ve been in braces about six years, now in retainers and will be for another year. Full time too. Just hope it doesn?t drag out that long; I got mine on way too young despite my numerous dental shortcomings. =\

LelandLancaster

Sexy Cupcake
    Years
    Ugh, the worst parts about braces, to me, is the creepy feeling when you first get them, and also the HIGH rate of food getting stuck in them. Bleagh... Other than that, and the pain of getting your wires tightened, it not so bad. Seriously! :D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    What is this other appliance? Mine was a tongue crib. It is the devil reincarnated into oral hygiene. It was that plus some jaw-expanding thing. My jaw was too small so they were worried about my tongue resting on my teeth and messing up the whole fact of having braces. So they put in an expander that I had to crank at nighttime and it would expand my jaw. It hurt you could feel it pushing out your jaw as you cracked it. Ow! And then the tongue crib was to prevent my tongue was hitting my teeth. A huge hunk o metal that hangs in your mouth. It was impossible to talk or eat. But then I got used to it.

I got my braces off last week and got a retainer (with a mini tongue crib! *sigh*) I'm trying to learn to talk with it. My speech is slipping in and out of various characters. I went from Ozzy Osbourne to Dr. Evil to Kermit the Frog and now Goldmember. O_o

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I had braces from December 2000 to May 15, 2003. =X (You know I was happy to get the things off because I've memorized the date. XD) Now I've got a retainer that I only have to wear at nights. And I've got these... braces on the inside of my teeth. o.o; It's really annoying when I try to floss, so I rarely do that. XP

But yeah, braces really do suck. =\ I needed them because I had an impacted tooth, and then they decided that I needed a little bit of an overbite (don't most people get braces to rid themselves of this??), so they kept me in braces longer. x_X;; Mrr... I'd say it was worth it, but I haven't noticed much of a difference myself. XP Good luck with 'em, though. And welcome to the club. XD

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I remember having braces a long time ago. The first couple
    of days hurts alot and then it gets better after. Anyway, having
    braces is for your own good so you shouldn't really call this "bad."
    Anyway, guess all your health problems are wither due to your
    genes, the environment you live in or just pure bad luck.

Back