• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Champion?

Who will be champion of the Alola region

• Hau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Molayne

• Ryuki

• Faba

• Hala

• Olivia

• Acerola

• Nanu

• Hapu

• Sophocles

• Mina

• Tristan

• Total voters

pkmin3033

Although I would like if USUM had a Memory Link feature like BW2, so people could mention your character by name, and hell if they had to they could do title defense again, and one of the challengers could be your avatar with your past team and your customized character, that would be kinda neat since they don't need to say anything at that point.
    I would actually love this, although I think they should go one step further with it and start distributing/letting us upload our own QR codes for a more comprehensive and varied experience. It'd be amazing if they released QR codes that let past major NPCs (Gym Leaders, E4, Champions, Rivals, Team Admins/Leaders, whoever!) battle us for the Champion spot, and if we could upload our own teams to share with people too - complete with our own trainer customisation, might I add. Said characters scanned this way could also be added to the Battle Tree, so we could customise that to an extent, too.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • Assuming these games take place following the events of Sun & Moon and we now have a fully fledged Pok?mon League in Alola, who do you think would be the Champion? Is there any particular character that you'd like to face against?

I'd personally like to see Lillie as the Champion in these games. I think it would be a good way to re-introduce her in a different light after having travelled back to Alola and built her battling skills after defeating the Kanto league.

I'm not sure we should make that assumption. This doesn't seem to be a sequel. it seems like pokemon platinum where the set up and world are redone a little and a new twist is at the end rather than a sequel, so I think most story beats will be the exact same.

I also think Lillie never becomes a competitive battler. Trainer probably, but otherwise no.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    You know, if the story is set in an alternate reality of Alola (instead of being a continuation of the originals story) then I could totally see a character like Guzma or Plumeria being the champion. Team Skull may not even be bad guys in USUM.

Though I'm still suspicious of that dragon guy who challenges you when you become champion. He was super random. Ryuku or something like that?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Though I'm still suspicious of that dragon guy who challenges you when you become champion. He was super random. Ryuku or something like that?

Ryuki is definitely a possibility, and it would be cool to have another Dragon-type Champion. We didn't get to see much of him and I kinda feel like part of that reasoning was setting him up for the next games (USM) where he will have a much bigger role.

pkmin3033

Ryuki came from an unnamed region though, so I actually get the feeling he might be some kind of indirect setup for the next generation of titles, rather than a trainer who will get an expanded role in USUM.

ninemales

Boof boof bidoof
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2017
    I would be so, so happy with Lillie as the Champion. I really expected her to have a suddenly-powerful redemption at the end of S/M, and was really disappointed that she didn't. This would more than make up for it, and the arc would be even more satisfying.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I will not be. Lillie would be lucky enough to be a trainer in USUM. Gladion has more chance of being champion and i hope he is in my opinion. But i can see that dragon guy as champion too.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Look, I think we get the point that you wouldn't like Lillie as Champion, but that doesn't really mean that other people wouldn't want to see that, y'know?

Personally, as I mentioned, I wouldn't mind that! I think it would be a fairly predictable outcome and would add some depth to Lillie's character and wouldn't make her travels to Kanto meaningless.
    I just don't see. Her character basically did nothing in SM. i fail to see how she be any different in USUM.

I prefer important characters as champions who actually do something. Not someone who is not a trainer. So lillie is off the table for me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Poll: Who will be the champion?

In every direct sequel so far, the champion has been someone from the previous game, so who will it be this time.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Who says we are getting a champion? We probably just defend our title as usual. These games are not sequels as far as i know.

pkmin3033

We've not had any confirmation of these being direct sequels, no.

If there WAS a Champion in a direct sequel in that fashion, my money would be on Lillie. SM was pretty much her game, she went off at the end of SM to become a trainer, and so logically if they wish to continue with her story/development, she'll go all the way to become the Champion to challenge the player...after all, that IS the goal of most trainers, and GF aren't the most creative of writers. It's such a cliche thing that I can just see it happening.

However, I think a roster of Champions is far more likely to happen again; that was a neat feature that added some variety I can't see them wanting to get rid of, especially if Alola doesn't have an official league again.

pkmin3033

What makes you think it isn't? That's some grade A absurdity right there.
    Actually, there is a fair degree of uncertainty surrounding exactly what USUM will be - "another story" could be prequels, sequels, third versions, games set in an alternate reality, etc. No circumstance (even direct sequels, for that matter) logically means that there WILL be a Champion prior to your character this time around.

...admittedly, if these are sequels it seems pretty likely, but since that's neither confirmed nor denied either way...

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Lillie should not and will not be champion. That is 99% certain. Gladion has more of a chance as champion.

What makes you think it isn't? That's some grade A absurdity right there.
    It looks more of a third version. Can't be a prequel because that be awful and mskes no sense. Sequels are a year or two apart from the original events of the first games. But these look the same.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You know, if the story is set in an alternate reality of Alola (instead of being a continuation of the originals story) then I could totally see a character like Guzma or Plumeria being the champion. Team Skull may not even be bad guys in USUM.

Though I'm still suspicious of that dragon guy who challenges you when you become champion. He was super random. Ryuku or something like that?
    I would be so, so happy with Lillie as the Champion. I really expected her to have a suddenly-powerful redemption at the end of S/M, and was really disappointed that she didn't. This would more than make up for it, and the arc would be even more satisfying.
    Just wanted to mention, I fricking love the idea of seeing Guzma or Plumeria being champs - since it was mentioned its more of an alternate story.
    I also wanted to quote Ninemales just because you summed up my feelings and thoughts for Lillie as champion. I don't know (or really care that much) if it's likely or not she would be a champion, but I would love to see that happen.​

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • To me it seems like Gladion would be the most obvious choice. Lillie and Hau weren't even hyped up to be talented, and I personally found both of them to be obnoxious.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Lillie is just gonna keep her old role but have less appearances. Gladion or one of the challengers could be champion.

Back