• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I can't wait to here the new Lance theme. It'll be grand.
    I also can't wait to see what they do with the Elite Four. They should make them stronger once you get all 16 badges. I also wonder what level Red's pokemon will be at?

I'm excited.

Years
    With this announcement, I foresee not only games of win, but is that a hint of a new manga plot, and possibly anime as well that I smell?

Seriously, this is going to be amazing. The graphics, the music... And as for the Hoenn Pokemon...perhaps you will be able to visit Hoenn in HG/SS? There's plenty of memory, after all. Of course, adding a whole new region would be a bit of a long shot, because they are going to add other things as well...but one can dream, yes? :P

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Oh the famous truck!
    I soo hope they add it again. They could think about a real use this time. Imagine everyone belives it does nothing when it actually does something now XD
    Or they just make it impossible to get near it this time...would be a shame

I'm going to laugh so hard if that happens. X3

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    um quick question. When they made fire red and leaf green it wasnt a complete remake. They added the sevii islands. Now with heart gold and soul silver we will get kanto, johto and ????. They have to add a new area or else they would be just selling us a updated version of a once great game.

Years
    What is Zel saying about this ha?
    God i've been waiting for a remake i can not wait.
    I think i'm gonna get soul silver =)

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    well, what would be cool (besides the fact that it's based off GOLD AND SILVER) is if there was a randomly generated archipelago of 1 or 2 islands that were different in each game that you could co-explore w/ download play. That would make the multiplayer part of Pokemon 600 times better.

sigh.. not like it's gonna happen. it's too awesome and obscure for it to be in any pokemon game.

BUT. I am super excited. I wanna pre-order it and get the merch that comes with it:)

Years
    um quick question. When they made fire red and leaf green it wasnt a complete remake. They added the sevii islands. Now with heart gold and soul silver we will get kanto, johto and ????. They have to add a new area or else they would be just selling us a updated version of a once great game.
    Well, did you read my above post about the possibilities of adding Hoenn? :D And yes, they COULD add Orange Islands. And I'm also sure there will be a Battle Frontier/Tower as well.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    im not a big fan of the battle frontier at all. It is boring. My favorite thing about the pokemon games is finding those little secret areas in caves and forests which you have to look for or else you wont find them. But since kanto is in these remakes a battle frontier is highly possible.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Oh, that reminds me, anyone wants to see the secret bases from R/S/E returning in HG/SS? With wifi possibilities? That would be awesome, I loved the secret bases! It only lacked wifi record mixing....

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    im not a big fan of the battle frontier at all. It is boring. My favorite thing about the pokemon games is finding those little secret areas in caves and forests which you have to look for or else you wont find them. But since kanto is in these remakes a battle frontier is highly possible.
    The Battle Frontier may be boring, but you have to admit, it adds more gameplay time to the games. I always got bored after finishing Ruby by beating the Elite 4, and once I got Emerald (after Ruby was stolen from me the year before...long story; I also got it on the day it came out, lol), there was never a dull moment after the Elite 4 once I got into the Battle Frontier. I managed to get all 7 Silver Symbols, too, but then my game ended up resetting before I could get the Gold ones. (To date, I've only got maybe 2 Silvers.)

Anyway, I haven't really seen the DPPt Battle Frontier, on account of not having played them, so I can't vouch for them, but that's usually the case. XD

EDIT: Secret Bases in HG/SS would be great. Would be nice if you could battle the people in 'em at least twice a day, but either way, it'd be great. And I'm also looking forward to the music remixes. Lance's Theme is one thing I can't wait for, as well as maybe Ecruteak, Goldenrod, and the Kanto Gym Battle theme.

Years

Uhmm.. try a Battle Frontier?

Anyway I think there are many old features that will be updated (obviously) with it being on the DS.

-Day and Night will correspond with the DS time settings.
    -Ruins of Alph Puzzles possibly using Touch Screen
    -Someone mentioned this before, but perhaps you can use the Cell Phone and call up a friend's FC to chat with them if they're online
    -The Pokegear might be accessible from the Touch Screen at all times, and that would include the World Map, the Radio and possibly more features (like the Poketch had)
    -Apricorns in a box or bag type thing restricted to the Key Items (like how the Berries and TMs were in FR/LG) and making it impossible to give them to Pokemon

And other things. Those are my speculations however, and I was thinking on it for a bit now. Some of them might seem obvious while others are complete guesses, either way I hope some of those features make it.

What do you guys think?

-Krobelus

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Saying that Johto Dex will be renewed... I would say...

Falkner
    Pidgey Lv. 10
    Staravia Lv. 14

Bugsy
    Kricketot Lv. 15
    Burmy Lv. 16
    Scyther Lv. 18

Whitney
    Buneary Lv. 18
    Glameow Lv. 19
    Miltank Lv. 22

Morty
    Haunter Lv. 23
    Haunter Lv. 24
    Gengar Lv. 29

Chuck
    Toxicroak Lv. 26
    Poliwrath Lv. 30

Jasmine
    Magnemite Lv. 32
    Magneton Lv. 34
    Steelix Lv. 38

Pryce
    Snover Lv. 36
    Weavile Lv. 38
    Mamoswine Lv. 41

Clair
    Dragonair Lv. 39
    Kingdra Lv. 42
    Dragonite Lv. 46

And it would be cool like a Training Camp where you can find Gym Leaders just as Platinum or maybe rematch them in their Gym by phone found in poké gear...

Falkner
    Swellow Lv. 61
    Noctowl Lv. 63
    Pidgeotto Lv. 63
    Staraptor Lv. 64

Bugsy
    Kricketune Lv. 62
    Mothim Lv. 64
    Scizor Lv. 64
    Yanmega Lv. 65

Whitney
    Wigglituff Lv. 59
    Lopunny Lv. 59
    Miltank Lv. 62
    Blissey Lv. 65

Morty
    Mismagius Lv. 59
    Dusknoir Lv. 64
    Gengar Lv. 66

Chuck
    Toxicroak Lv. 61
    Medicham Lv. 63
    Machamp Lv. 66

Jasmine
    Magnezone Lv. 64
    Steelix Lv. 66
    Aggron Lv. 68

Pryce
    Weavile Lv. 63
    Abomasnow Lv. 65
    Walrein Lv. 65
    Mamoswine Lv. 67

Clair
    Dragonite Lv. 64
    Kingdra Lv. 65
    Salamence Lv. 67
    Garchomp Lv. 70

Years
    I think one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the music. I'm listening to it now. I'm hoping that it's close enough to bring back memories when they remix it (though I guess the bleepiness does better for the memories. I know there was some in ShinyGold, and they were good, but the New Bark tune sounds nothing like the original (It's good though. What is it?). Anyway, they better not screw up the music!!!

Absolutely right. The New Bark Town tune in ShinyGold was the music for the Mystery Gift in FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald. Lol, I actually just started remixing some GS songs the other day, for the sake of nostalgia.. When the Kanto Gym Leader GS remix is played with electric guitar-
    EPIC BATTLE. Also the Lance/Rival/Red tune was kickass... I hope they change the music style for HG and SS, so it's unlike the 3rd gen and other 4th gen games. 3rd Gen: too trumpet-y/brassy.
    DPPt: too organ-y. Well, actually no, i think there's a good variety, just that annoying Galactic building theme is in my head..
    And Krobelus, i agree, i've just been saying that on Serebii (the Sliding Panels Ruins of Alph thing. Touch screen, w/o a doubt). Ugh, i don't want to wait a year (and a half?)... I'm getting it when the UK gets it. After everywhere else in the world. Well, at least i can save up enough... *sits-in-corner-crying*..

Years
    @Blaze Emotion - I don't doubt they'll add new Pokemon in (obviously) but I think they'll update the Johto dex to include only Kanto and Johto Pokemon with the acception of the Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon evolutions that come with the Kanto and Johto Pokemon.

With that being said I doubt they'll change the Gym Leaders Roster. I really hope they don't for Nostalgia reasons. I really liked fighting Bugsy with his Tackling Metapod and yeah. I have to agree with some of them like Pryce's I think they might change, but who knows? Only time will tell.

-Krobelus

Edit: Ahh Hiroshi beat me to the punch :D

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    The areas im expecting in Heart Gold and Soul Silver are Johto, Kanto, Sevii Islands, Battle Frontier, it would also be cool if somewhere else was added, e.g. Hoenn or Orange Islands, but i think it'll just be the first four i said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back