• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Oh well, you were more descriptive.

I somehow doubt we'll see much Sinnoh Pokémon at all. After all, look at FireRed and LeafGreen; the only Pokémon from Hoenn without trading are the ones that bred to make third-generation Pokémon, such as Wynaut. Likewise, we'll probably see only Sinnoh Pokémon like Munchlax.

But you know what else? We'll probably be given a place to catch Hoenn Pokémon. The Sevii Islands served that purpose too, after all.
    To add on to that, that's why we have D/P/Pt. I'm sure that once you get the National Dex(which I'm expecting to be around the time you beat Johto's Elite Four. Possibly.) you will be able to trade with D/P/Pt. For the others, I think there will be a new area. My hopes are now geared on seeing Hoenn added into the game :D(which would be one step closer to that game we all want where you can go to every region. Save for Sinnoh, which again, we have D/P/Pt for).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Oh well, you were more descriptive.

I somehow doubt we'll see much Sinnoh Pokémon at all. After all, look at FireRed and LeafGreen; the only Pokémon from Hoenn without trading are the ones that bred to make third-generation Pokémon, such as Wynaut. Likewise, we'll probably see only Sinnoh Pokémon like Munchlax.

But you know what else? We'll probably be given a place to catch Hoenn Pokémon. The Sevii Islands served that purpose too, after all.

You think you could add a HG and SS forum?

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Well, I think 3 regions in one game would be a bit too much, and would take the old GS feeling. They should just stick with Kanto and Johto pokés, and only add a handful of Hoenn Pokémon on the Great Marsh, like how they added some from Johto to Emerald's Safari Zone.

But the one thing I really hope still remains in HGSS is the final battle against Red; and one thing the should add is that after certain number of battles against him, his party's levels should increase until after a lot of battles more, they should be 100. Now THAT would be epic... =D

Years
    I mainly say this because I know that they have plenty of memory to make add Hoenn. Yeah, it MIGHT take away from it...it depends on how they do it.

I do agree about the Red thing though. And they should do something similar with the rival, seeing as how you could only fight him at one place on certain days...by that point in the game, you could easily annihilate him in under a minute.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    With that being said I doubt they'll change the Gym Leaders Roster. I really hope they don't for Nostalgia reasons.

Same here. I loved the original Gym Leader's Rosters and even if they changed the levels a bit I would be fine. I just hope that they don't add any new pokemon. I would prefer for these games to be with the Johto Dex and a National Dex later, yet nothing other than the (pointless) new evolutions of things (that's right Electivire, Magmortar, and Magnezone, I'm talking to you) available even after the national dex.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    One up about the gym leaders is that nintendo wont have to make a jasmine overworld sprite seeing as how she is in d/p/pt

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Also, I hope they use Red's Gen1 design instead of his in Gen 3. The FRLG boy looks nothing like the Red we all know.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    With the DS-generation battle system, we see the time change to a few minutes. :[

So let's hope they use Platinum's speed optimisations this time.

Yes. we must commence our petitions and prayers
    dedicated to using the Platinum speed now. I have
    a cozy feeling inside my tummy that Nintendo will just
    say "we're going back 2 generations, so let's slow down
    the pace and use the outdated battle system as opposed
    to the renewed and improved one that's sitting right in
    front of us! Yay!".[/sarcasm]

Honestly now, do we really need to hope that they use
    Platinum's speed? It's a given that they'll probably
    use the better battle system for newer games.

Okay, we basically have the game speculations down..
    The things I'm realllyyy wondering about are..

Spoiler:

Years
    Ah I cannot wait for these games! I hope they keep the graphic-style that we all loved in Gold/Silver. I'm fine with the new graphical format, but if they could at least keep the same graphics in higher detail, I would love it.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    Perry! are you gonna keep reviving this topic until the remake is released? hehe

I agree with ~KiTsUnE.
    They don't need to have a reason to do it.. It's nintendo :P
    Do they have a reason to make two version of the same game? (Diamond/Pearl) NO
    Do we need a third game that has useless extras? NO

Yet, nintendo does it :D
    REMAKE=More $$ :P:P
    haha i love how you put that!
    but ya, srsly, why put anouther game in, let alone 3 games every region?
    but ya, the remake (HG And SS) Are Gonna Kick Major Hind-Cheeks
    I Think They Will Be GREAT!
    PS, imagine they don't add KANTO to the game? i would be done with pokemon FOREVER- that would be a huge blow to the face to all the fans around back then (i think i was a die hard 5 year old pokemon fan)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I wonder if they'll bring back the old(er) Pokéballs (?) like the Love/Friend/Moon/Lure Balls.

And what about people like Firebreathers? Will they get new sprites (?), I sure hope so.

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I would definitely would trust in Nintendo in making the Celebi event possible in this remake.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I wonder if they'll bring back the old(er) Pokéballs (?) like the Love/Friend/Moon/Lure Balls.

And what about people like Firebreathers? Will they get new sprites (?), I sure hope so.
    Methinks we might see them come back, but I wonder if data (or a lack of) for them in D/P/Pt would be a problem? Hmm... I do know that *apparently* there is data for RageCandyBars to be an actual item in Platinum int he coding somewhere... either way, if they stay, than Kurt stays and Apricorns stay most likely as well.

And the old traienrs from GSC should get sprite makeovers, methinks. Should be interesting for some...

Ohh, I wonder if they'll keep the Bug Catching competition as the only one going, or whether the Safari zone will work this time around... (there were maps for it in GSC and all, but they removed the door for it and all - I believe it was because of the glitch city glitch, maybe? Leastways that apparently may have been partly why).

*recalls searching National Park most carefully for the Warden*

Years
    They'd better keep the Apricorns...those were one of my favorite parts of G/S/C. The new balls in Hoenn just aren't the same since they can just be bought; I never really got used to them. I'm hoping to see a way to get Celebi (though if it happens it will probably be through a Nintendo event :-/), and I'd love to see a more fleshed-out Kanto including the Safari Zone. I'm worried they'll think the fans want pretty much exactly what was in G/S, but it seems pretty clear to me that most of us would prefer that Kanto not be a shadow of its former self. I'd like to see the Sevii Islands included, as well, and maybe one other area (Orange Islands?), but I don't think they could have a whole other region like Hoenn...the way it is now, your Pokémon would be up to insane levels by the time you completed the third region and Red wouldn't be a problem unless his Pokémon were all level 100.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    With the DS-generation battle system, we see the time change to a few minutes. :[

So let's hope they use Platinum's speed optimisations this time.

Just as FR/LG's engine was used for Emerald, so HG/SS will use Platinum's , fortunately.
    It's great that Gamefreak waited to develop the remakes after developing Platinum because it would've been alot slower.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You had that chance already. It was called FireRed and LeafGreen.
    May I ask why everyone wants to jump to conclusions and say its out? Seriously. The site even states the remakes will be a follow-up to the remakes 5 years ago. That could mean anything but still. Kanto had as much importance as it could have and not to mention there is that supposed White rock that we know nothing about there. And what everyone wants it out cause they will stick to the old way they shrunk it and thats it? No. I can see them very easily updating the size cause they know we know its possible. Jeez am I the only one who can trust them to do the right thing when its very possible and also logical to assume so?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back