• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Also, regarding Kimono Gils,
    5th Gen Eevee's? I guess that depends if
    They make 5th Gen or Remake First.

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    I guess that depends if they make 5th Gen or Remake First.

If they wait until after the 5th gen, then the remake would be next to practically useless! We need the 2nd gen remakes now, so we can get the Pokemon we need to legitly complete our Pokedex. This would include Ho-oh, Lugia, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Teddiursa, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Tododile, Shuckle, as well as a few others.

Also, with the remakes, we could get a second chance to get Celebi, via events that would be needed to complete the Pokedex on that game as well. :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    If they wait until after the 5th gen, then the remake would be next to practically useless! We need the 2nd gen remakes now, so we can get the Pokemon we need to legitly complete our Pokedex. This would include Ho-oh, Lugia, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Teddiursa, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Tododile, Shuckle, as well as a few others.

Also, with the remakes, we could get a second chance to get Celebi, via events that would be needed to complete the Pokedex on that game as well. :)

Umm... We can already get all of them legitly on the GBA games apart from Lugia, Ho-Oh and Celebi. I agree we need a remake, but if they did 5th gen then 2nd gen, it wouldn't be useless in a way, as long as 5th gen can connect to 4th gen.

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Umm... We can already get all of them legitly on the GBA games apart from Lugia, Ho-Oh and Celebi. I agree we need a remake, but if they did 5th gen then 2nd gen, it wouldn't be useless in a way, as long as 5th gen can connect to 4th gen.
    Yes, but most people are going to be too lazy to go out and buy these GBA games just to get a few Pokemon.
    Besides, when 5th gen comes out, people will be too obsessed with completing the Pokedex on the new games that Diamond and Pearl will be shoved in the back of the drawer with the rest of the tired video games. So they won't even need the remakes anymore, since by now, everyone has gotten tired of 4th gen, and want to move on. 5th gen needs them just as badly as 4th gen does, but it would make a lot more sense to simply put the remakes with 4th gen, so that way, we can complete our Pokedex without cheating, and simply Pal Park them on to the 5th gen games when the time comes.
    No one wants to go to eBay to spend $150 bucks on a GameCube just so they can get a few Pokemon to complete their Pokedex. It just seems too unreasonable to most people. Face it, 4th gen is the perfect time to unveil it. Ash in the anime only has five badges, and at the rate that this show is crawling, we have plenty of time to shove in some decent remakes before the time comes to move to a new region.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Yes, but most people are going to be too lazy to go out and buy these GBA games just to get a few Pokemon.
    Besides, when 5th gen comes out, people will be too obsessed with completing the Pokedex on the new games that Diamond and Pearl will be shoved in the back of the drawer with the rest of the tired video games. So they won't even need the remakes anymore, since by now, everyone has gotten tired of 4th gen, and want to move on. 5th gen needs them just as badly as 4th gen does, but it would make a lot more sense to simply put the remakes with 4th gen, so that way, we can complete our Pokedex without cheating, and simply Pal Park them on to the 5th gen games when the time comes.
    No one wants to go to eBay to spend $150 bucks on a GameCube just so they can get a few Pokemon to complete their Pokedex. It just seems too unreasonable to most people. Face it, 4th gen is the perfect time to unveil it. Ash in the anime only has five badges, and at the rate that this show is crawling, we have plenty of time to shove in some decent remakes before the time comes to move to a new region.

now, most Gaming fanatics do buy a Gamecube. If you are referring to yourself, fine. However, if Gen 5 does connect to Gen 4, then Gen 4 won't be shoved to the back of a drawer. I don't even shove Gen 1 to a back drawer. They will need the remakes for:

The Legendary Dog/Cats/gerbils whatever they are (apart from gerbils)
    The 2 birds - Ho-Oh and Lugia
    Celebi probably

Anyway, who cares about the anime. Nintendo don't make the anime, and will probably release these games when they feel its a good time.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years

I still have my Gamecube... >.>

In Fact, I distinctly remember buying Pokemon Firered just for the sake of getting a Growlithe in my Pearl =/ (at the time I didn't like Vulpix. {Later I got over it and one day when playing Sapphire: "Wild Vulpix Appaered!"})

and yeah, I agree, they can easily slap out some remakes before announcing Generation 5.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Seeing that i love statistics i have caculated by statistics how long we have 4 it to come out while in the 4th generation period. Spring 09' is the time the 3rd year closes. So that means if the 4 year period is anything to come by if they have a 5th generation and are going with the every 4 yers thing then they have only about what till this summer to announce it. Thats right people. Cause by this summer they could also announe the 5th generation in movie 12. I mean the 5th generation could either be out in spring '10 or spring '11. So that would mean:
    If spring '10 forget it gs remake would be in 5th gen
    If spring '11 we have about a 50% chance.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I slowly start to think that there will be a remake. I mean, even if Game Freak don't want to make a G/S remake, who would win? one company, or a massive amout of pokemon fans who wants a G/S remake? yeah. I think that there will be a remake. the only question is, when will the remake be released?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    As istaed 2 postsabove yours(real hard to notice people!) if they are to go by the same dats then it would all be decided on the 5th generation if one
    If 5th gen is out by spring '10 then forget it this gen
    If 5th gen is out by spring '11 we have a chance to see it spring '10

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    link smash... I don't think those predictions are reliable. Just because of some time periods of generations - only a few generations, which are not quite the same as each other anyway - doesn't mean this generation will follow that general 'trend' (if you can call it that). It could easily be much shorter or longer - there's way too much room for freedom for such things to be drawn upon, IMO. Not much point trying to guess Nintendo's thinking.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Hmmm....you might be right. Personally, I hope if they make a gs remake it will come out soon, maybe in 2010 or 2011. Any later and the possibility of one will just get smaller, I think. That would be awesome too if it came out in 2009, but unless we get SUPER SUPER SUPER lucky, that is very very very very unlikely to happen, I think. Because that is when Platinum is coming out, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Nintendo has never released 2 games in 1 year unless they are a set.(I.e. FRLG, RS, etc.)Anyway, lets hope they make one soon!(if they decide to do it, of course...)as for the 5th gen thing, I think it will come out before 5th gen. At least , hope so.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I feel 5th and 4th Gen will be connected much in the same way as R/S & FR/LG were, by having to do a post-E4 mission to be able to trade

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years

You forgot that the legendary beasts on the gba games have preprogrammed low IVs and stupid natures....

IMO
    -Ho-oh, Lugia, should be as rare as groudon/kyogre or palkia/dialga and not like mew or deoxys
    -starters were never meant to be so hard to get either, everyone should be able to get least 1 of them without the need to complete a dex or something...
    -same for the beasts. The accesibility of them right now is not right. They're not some super hidden pokes, just a regular legendary trio. =(

Seeing that i love statistics i have caculated by statistics how long we have 4 it to come out while in the 4th generation period. Spring 09' is the time the 3rd year closes. So that means if the 4 year period is anything to come by if they have a 5th generation and are going with the every 4 yers thing then they have only about what till this summer to announce it. Thats right people. Cause by this summer they could also announe the 5th generation in movie 12. I mean the 5th generation could either be out in spring '10 or spring '11. So that would mean:
    If spring '10 forget it gs remake would be in 5th gen
    If spring '11 we have about a 50% chance.

You forgot something... the handheld... A new generation till now always appeared on a new handheld
    RBY-GB
    GSC-GBC
    RSEFrLg-GBA
    DP-DS

And Nintendo just started selling a new version of the DS, the DSi.

To me that's where a remake should be playable on, not a 5th gen game.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Exactly. The DSi has the most potential canidate for a gs remake seller. Why? They could make it DSi only as it could have camera features and seeing as it haa no gba slot would allow a lot more stuf to happen,

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Exactly. The DSi has the most potential canidate for a gs remake seller. Why? They could make it DSi only as it could have camera features and seeing as it haa no gba slot would allow a lot more stuf to happen,
    *is unflattered by that idea*

Firstly -I don't plan to get a DSi, and not even if it WAS a GS only game. A few hundred for a game and a ds that can take pictures and the odd extra feature when I ahve a Lite alread is kinda... bleh. -_-

And there are going to be many like that. MANY. Why would Nintendo limit their sales in such a way for a game that would sell? They'd try to get everything out of it, right?
    Besides, if it were to have DSi features - they could also implement it that they will only work on a DSi perhaps... :/ But Nintendo creating a clear and obvious negative effect on sales of a game = questionable logic.

Plus, I ask - what could a GSC remake have that would implement the camera? That I cannot understand... yes - the was a printing thingamabob (which didn't last very long), but... a camera? To take pictures of yourself or other things - well, how would that be of any use - put pictures of non-Pokemon things in a Pokemon game? I believe there's a photo channel for that sort of thing... just that I don't see any reason why it would be DSi only, as there's nothing of any use really, and it would certainly hurt sales.

Lack of GBA -slot allowing for more to happen? Such as? Only thing I can see is a lack of being able to migrate Pokemon. :/ And again - what extra stuff could one use and implement with a Pokemon game? I just don't see it..

Also - I wouldn't consider the DSi to be the new handheld, like the GBA was to the GBC. More like the DS Lite was to the DS - a minor upgrade, with better features and a bigger price-tag. Or liek the GBA-SP to the GBA, which didn't come with a new Pokemon generation - each played the same games as each other. DSi in terms of Pokemon will not be able to migrate Pokemon, and that's about it, I'm predicting. Could be wrong, but don't see why it would, tbh.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Let me point out that in a home in Cinawood, a person would let you take a picture with your team if you had the camera and printer. Now that the camera is built in, we might get to actually see our picture with out team.

And also there where 3 versions of the GBA: GBA, GBA SP, and the all but forgotten GBA Micro.

They all played GBA games, so I agree with bob, it is a minor upgrade.

It does make me wonder what the next generation of Nentiendo handhelds are going to be like.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I just thought of something... the Red Gyarados report at the start of the 4th gen. all hints in the game can be useless and actually don't proof anything about a remake. but the red gyarados report, why did they put that at the start of the game and then NEVER show anything about it ever again? it could be nothing like the ghost in the mansion in eterna forest, but think of it. when and how was shiny pokemon introduced? exactly. in gold and silver with the red gyarados. so I don't think that the report at the start of the game was for nothing, they never had placed anything like this at the start of the pokemon games.
    so either there comes a remake, or a new pokemon game related to johto. I hope it's a remake.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Oh right there was shiny gyarados catchable in GSC... when I think about it, for everyone to be able to catch a shiny gyarados at the lake of rage, I don't really like that to come true. In GSC that seems ok, as it introduced them and there the gyarados just had preprogrammed higher than usual IVs, and the games were not so popular....what I wanna say is, that shiny pokemon in pre 3rd gen were of different value than they're after. A shiny pokemon you can go up to it and fight it? That just doesn't sound right in a 4th gen compatible game to me.
    I really hope they make a better game in Johto rather than full remakes like Fr/Lg. That way they could enchance alot of things, and for the red gyarados thing... expand the story about it, but in a way it isn't catchable or something =/
    I don't want everyone to have SR shiny gyaras in their teams like it's nothing special.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back