• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Yeah, I really hope Nintendo announces a GSDS revamp/remake in 2009, if not this year. It's really affecting my Pokemon decisions because I'm stuck in Gen. 3 and I really don't want to the manual work for getting the Johto beginners in Emerald; I've done it once for Totodile (I only have Emerald and FireRed). GSDS would assure me that I just need to do a few quick trades (hopefully) at the beginning of my save files.
    Also, I still want to have the actual experience of playing Gold and Silver; FireRed was a great opportunity to experience an enhanced Pokemon Red, so GSDS will be the great opportunity for me to catch up on the games I missed! I mean, people bought the originals for a reason, not because they were simple retreads of Red and Blue! :)

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Also, I still want to have the actual experience of playing Gold and Silver; FireRed was a great opportunity to experience an enhanced Pokemon Red, so GSDS will be the great opportunity for me to catch up on the games I missed! I mean, people bought the originals for a reason, not because they were simple retreads of Red and Blue! :)

this, I can't agree more than that. I think there are not many people who understand that (well at least not on gamefaqs -_-').

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would really enjoy it if they remake GS for the DS by 2009 because I need a new journey to start and the Johto is a great place to go...and I can only imagine the great look of the Johto on the DS...Plus I wouldn't mind them having to put the Kanto region back in, BUT they have to really work on it a lot and make the Kanto have its own plot.......also I think the newer 4th gen pkmn should be displayed in the game as well....the only problem I see is if they allow all the ev evolution, where can we get glaceon or leafeon??? and if we can get it where will the put the moss rock and ice rock?

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    .....the only problem I see is if they allow all the ev evolution, where can we get glaceon or leafeon??? and if we can get it where will the put the moss rock and ice rock?

wait a moment, remember prof. oak talking about a white rock in kanto? maybe if the G/S remake is released, then we will find that white rock in the kanto part, and with that white rock, we can evolve eevee to glaceon and leafeon.

if not, then I suppose it could be the same as evolving eevee into umbreon or espeon in firered/leafgreen; just trade the eevee to R/S/E (since they have a time clock), evolve the eevee into an umbreon or espeon and then trade it back.
    I think that that could be the same here, just trade the eevee to D/P/P, bring it to mos rock or ice rock, evolve it into leafeon or glaceon and then trade it back.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    I would really enjoy it if they remake GS for the DS by 2009 because I need a new journey to start and the Johto is a great place to go...and I can only imagine the great look of the Johto on the DS...Plus I wouldn't mind them having to put the Kanto region back in, BUT they have to really work on it a lot and make the Kanto have its own plot.......also I think the newer 4th gen pkmn should be displayed in the game as well....the only problem I see is if they allow all the ev evolution, where can we get glaceon or leafeon??? and if we can get it where will the put the moss rock and ice rock?

Remember the eeveelutions in FireRed/LeafGreen? One could use an elemental stone but to get Espeon or Umbreon one had to trade them to a Hoenn game, where there was a clock installed.
    So with that in mind I don't see why there should be ice/moss rock or something different with the same function in Johto at all. Same for the magnetism or whatever causes Nosepass and Magneton to evolve at .

Before we even knew about the existence of those evolutions of older Pokémon it was said that the reason for the amount of new evolutions in Sinnoh was the different climate and evironment. So to me it makes perfect sense for those evolutions not happening in Johto.

It's unlikely to happen since every Pokmon is now available. It'd be awesome if they did make a GS remake though!

You obviously didn't read even 1 page of this thread, as it was said numerous times that it doesn't matter if all pokémon are available.

Think again about it, while considering that those games would sell like hell.
    You don't even need to add all the hints ingame in DP and the programmed in possibility to trade with a Johto based game to realise how likely it really is to happen.

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    ...and I really don't want to the manual work for getting the Johto beginners in Emerald; I've done it once for Totodile (I only have Emerald and FireRed). GSDS would assure me that I just need to do a few quick trades (hopefully) at the beginning of my save files.
    Does Professor Birch give you all three Johto starters or do you have to choose. >_> If you do, then that's really lame, because you have to go through the game three times to get all three, and I do NOT have the patience to do it. It's like in fr/lg where you have to go through it three times to get all the legendary dogs.

Ryuu Akamatsu

Oh yeeeah!
    Years
    You obviously didn't read even 1 page of this thread, as it was said numerous times that it doesn't matter if all pokémon are available.
    You obviously don't get that they only remade Red and Blue so they could make all the Pokemon available. They'll most likely stick with making new Pokemon games....Until they they find it too hard to keep making new Pokemon and decide to release a remake of some old Pokemon game to buy time.

Don't even start with the "It's in the coding" thing. Sure there's hints but it's complete bull that people would know that DP is compatible with a Johto based game even though it doesn't exist.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Don't even start with the "It's in the coding" thing. Sure there's hints but it's complete bull that people would know that DP is compatible with a Johto based game even though it doesn't exist.[/quote]

actually you are completely wrong, BECAUSE FireRed and LeafGreen came out after Ruby and Sapphire and year or two and they were both compatible...so I just proved you wrong....I see the future of 2009 and I predict a remake OR continuation of GSC...

Ryuu Akamatsu

Oh yeeeah!
    Years
    actually you are completely wrong, BECAUSE FireRed and LeafGreen came out after Ruby and Sapphire and year or two and they were both compatible...so I just proved you wrong....I see the future of 2009 and I predict a remake OR continuation of GSC...
    That's because all they had to do was make the same trading system as they did in Ruby and Sapphire and they'd be good. So no. You didn't prove me wrong.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    You obviously don't get that they only remade Red and Blue so they could make all the Pokemon available. They'll most likely stick with making new Pokemon games....Until they they find it too hard to keep making new Pokemon and decide to release a remake of some old Pokemon game to buy time.

Don't even start with the "It's in the coding" thing. Sure there's hints but it's complete bull that people would know that DP is compatible with a Johto based game even though it doesn't exist.

I was absolutely aware of the fact that one of the most important reasons for making Fr/Lg were the missing Pokémon in R/S.
    This doesn't mean there's no way for releasing other remakes before this problem reappears...

Don't you also find it hard to believe that there are going to be new Pokémon + a region in a new game soon, seeing how the DSi is just starting to sell, or how there are still event Pokemon of the 4th gen whose existence isn't officially known to public?
    Maybe in 3 years... but why not MAKE A FREAKIN LOT OF MONEY by just creating a modern version of a game which already exist (no new pokemon ideas needed, no long thinking about how the map will look...) while waiting? Terrible idea huh?

As I said "You don't even need to add...", trying to tell that those are not the core reasons (not even close) for the remakes, but you went on and argued how ridiculous they are anyway, while ignoring the main reason. =/

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today

I hate to prove you wrong, but where's Lugia and Ho-Oh? True that in the Gamecube games, but that doesn't count as you actually catching in a handheld game, as some don't have a Gamecube, but make do with handhelds.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I say ignore his comments. he could be from gamefaqs trying to deny it and turn us against it! Anyway yeah. Not all pokemon are availible so easy. Lugia and ho-oh 2 main pokemon legends unavailible due to them beingg event only? And who are they mascots of? Logics does wonders as they say. Anyway the are mascots of the games that we want remaked so yeah there you have it. Unless somehow an event is triggered in pokmon platinum that we dont know about that ivolves the 3 dogs lugia and ho-oh i say there will be a gs remake!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I hate to prove you wrong, but where's Lugia and Ho-Oh? True that in the Gamecube games, but that doesn't count as you actually catching in a handheld game, as some don't have a Gamecube, but make do with handhelds.
    *cough-add-Johto-beasts-to-the-list-as-well-cough*

There is an obvious lack of them in the 4th gen games so far - the others have appeared in Platinum, but not these.

Besides Ryuu - there is no real reason why Nintendo wouldn't make it now, given all the hints towards it - referennce to coding to lack of certain Pokemon - all these aren't definite by any means, but all suggest it could happen, and as been at least considered. Which is better then nothing. It WOLD sell like hot cakes as well - main reason why they WOULD make it - they wouldn't if it didn't sell - basically, I wouldn't discount the chances of it happening. ATM IMO - it either will or won't happen - when is unsure, but either outcome isn't definite by any means.
    EDIT:
    I say ignore his comments. he could be from gamefaqs trying to deny it and turn us against it!
    For lack of a better response... what the frell? Heck, not EVERYONE is going to support it, and confused as to why gamefaq people will deny it... logic lack of much? :/
    Besides, as I said before - although there are a lot of hints for, it still doesn't confirm it IMO. After all, nothing says more then an article saying it'll be out on serebii.net or Coro Coro magizine or Nintendo themselves. Projects have before, in the gaming worl, been canned - even ones close to completion...

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Well i really do hope they consider making a remake or at least a way to get to Johto in the new games. I mean srsly Jasmine makes a cameo and that isnt taking in as a maybe ? Im almost positive that Johto will either be accessible or a G/S remake (More than likely it will just be accessible.. but meh one can dream.)

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I cant believe this slipped me by. We could also have 7 instead of 5 kimono girls. A true challenge indeed no?

actually wow that would be cool and then there should be like a little girl after that which has like an Eevee with like near uber moves or 4 like moves like Bite(dark), Psywave(psychic), Tri-Attack(Ice,Thunder and Fire) and Grasswhistle (grass) i think that would be awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back