• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
Years
I'm telling you, give those Johto Elite Four Cynthia training.

It is ridiculous how Aaron's bugs clock in at 49-52 and you get to Cynthia who I believed had a Lvl. 70(or at least a mid-60). O_o That was awesome to me. I never saw the fact they'd get that much stronger, it was great and challenging.

Pokegear on the touchscreen? FTW!

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
They wouldn't take away mah radio! Of course, if the POKéGear was on the touch screen it'd need more than Phone, Map, Raido and Time/Date.

E4 will probably remain the same for the first time round, then get dramatically slightly tougher depending on in-game achievements and side quests or something :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
They wouldn't take away mah radio! Of course, if the POKéGear was on the touch screen it'd need more than Phone, Map, Raido and Time/Date.

E4 will probably remain the same for the first time round, then get dramatically slightly tougher depending on in-game achievements and side quests or something :/

Maybe a Shiny Beeper, it only makes sense

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
Years
A remake of those would be soooo awesome! Gold/Silver/Crystal are the best versions ever made! They have the best starter pokemon and the cutest pokemon and there are 2 regions instead of 1. In Ruby/Saphire there should have been a Johto and Kanto region as well as Hoenn (sp?) so it would be like a remake oh those 2 regions.

I think they should do a remake of Pokemon yellow. They did red and blue, why not yellow?

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Maybe a Shiny Beeper, it only makes sense

WTF? XD Explain please. I hope you don't mean somethng that beeps when a shiny is near. Because that would make no sense because shinys are random :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
WTF? XD Explain please. I hope you don't mean somethng that beeps when a shiny is near. Because that would make no sense because shinys are random :/

Ok you know the thing in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl that allows you to detect where shinies are in the grass?

I meant that, I just can't remember the name xD

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Did/Does it support shinys? I think it's just were Pokémon are. Not or shinys, or?

*PrincessPika-chu*

Pokemon Lover
Years
I believe that there is going to be a remake soon, because Diamond and Pearl are full of references to Johto. They wouldn't be referencing Johto so much in the game if they are not going to remake it. They know that it is in high demand, and they know that they can make loads of money off of it. It either could be a remake coming soon, like in 09 or 2010. I say 2010, if there is a remake, because Japan will get it way before us, and we will suffer and envy them as they play their G/S remake. There is always that possiblilty that they can be teasing us.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Did/Does it support shinys? I think it's just were Pokémon are. Not or shinys, or?

-_-;

You fight/catch a freakin' SHINY Gyarados as part of the storyline! How can you not know that?!?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I meant the PokeRadar...lol x_x. Does it support to show shinys.

How can you think I don't know that G/S has shinys.......lol :P

*Spark

Old school ftw!.
Years

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Well... Rumor does not equal fact people.

As much as everyone and their Monkey wants Gold and Silver to be remade... Why do you want it to be remade? So you can get a Shiny Gyarados? Yay? Gold and Silver were good, but they weren't THAT good, I mean really, if I have to work for several hours to raise my level 40 something Pokemon on level twenty freaking seven Pokemon in the last town to prepare for the last Gym... there is something wrong with that picture... Atleast in Red/Yellow/Blue there are areas you can train on higher level Pokemon, heck you can even go to part of the road to the Pokemon league and battle level 40's...

I like Gold and Silver as much as the next person, but I liked RYB a lot better simply because it seemed more professional and harder, Gold and Silver just got pathetically easy after I gained a brain on how to train my Pokemon, if they do remake Gold and Silver they better not make it even easier...

Rumors are hardly even slightly right, it's more like a hopeful wish... I doubt we're getting any remakes and if we do, I'm not going to up and buy it as soon as it comes out, it wont be worth it, Gold and Silver were their own magic, a remake would just be like any other Pokemon game, same sprites in both versions and the same ol' thing.

I always hated how you could go to Lake of Rage and to make sure your Pokemon wouldn't be totally dominated they made the levels super low...

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
Years
Remakes are definately made for those who played them religiously in the past like big fans like me. Why wouldn't they make it?

I don't mind if it had the same EXACT storyline or anything. I'd still love it. It all depends on where you're coming from and I really enjoy turning up old memories. I'd like to be sitting there in the iced-over cave on the way to the last gym and say "I remember when I was 10 and I got through this, I was out on the swing with my little brother, great times."

Pokémon is truly sentimental to me and I'd hate to see the older generations and their games fade away!

It almost seems like now-a-days the Pokémon games are nothing but competitions and people are missing the true essence of the game. people are too worried about how many shinies they have or who has the absolute best stats. When you were young, did you care? Or did you play to play and enjoy every minute of it?

Ask yourself if great memories are going to be more important to you when you're 80 years old recollecting on the past, or will the 20 shinies you spent hours looking for and really had not much to show for it?

I'd personally care more about great memories. But, then again, great memories might be catching shinies to some people so who knows! =P

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2008
Ohhh, I miss the old days too, stealing pokemon cards from the kid behind me, looking at the same 150 pokemon over and over wishing for a mew, worshiping the bird trio and mewtwo, collecting pokemon cards, playing without worrying about stats and EVs. Those truly were the days. Anyway, the part of DuskGold and DawnSilver being officially Nintendos titles promises it to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back