• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
[...]
If a remake is made, the second after it's announced people will be making threads regarding Gen 3 remakes for the DS -.-;;

Oh well Hoenn would be cool but please no 1st Gen remake anymore:D But Kanto in a GS remake would be cool^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
You copied that from Bulbapedia -.0;

I love the white rock conspiracy, it wasn't found in Kanto in Gen 1 or it's Gen 3 remakes, but there is a Kanto in GSC, so if there's a remake there's no doubt it'd be included. I'd love to see Tin Tower/Brass Tower, The Radio Towers and the Powerplant in DP Graphics, and the Magnet Train. Do you think they'd include a contest hall BTW? That's something I missed in FR/LG, they didn't include contests. ;_;

If a remake is made, the second after it's announced people will be making threads regarding Gen 3 remakes for the DS -.-;;

I really hope not T.T

Generation 3 was probably the worst in terms of excitement...

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
Years
Yeah, in the terms of Ruby and Sapphire.

But IMO Emerald was awesome! The Battle Frontier was a nice addition and the Match Call was very welcomed to fans of the Pokegear. Not to mention that awesome cutscene at Sootopolis City... O_o

Rayquaza FTW! Haha!

~Drenz

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Well just keep hoping that g/s will be a remake but i don't think thats happening ace attorney

false swipe jay

1HP is more than enough for me
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2008
did anyone SERIOUSLY like yellow?
i mean, it was a hype when it came out because it was the first actual SEQUEL but...
i personally liked Ruby and Sapphire better than yellow.
just my opinion.
the graphics in yellow were far from improved and the whole surfing pikachu was just... annoying.
basically, starting with pikachu was annoying.
and all the original starters were just GIVEN to you... no fun there.

i'm glad they only remade red and blue (leafgreen being, essentially, a blue remake)
again, just one man's opinion.

who knows if they'll even keep apricorns in a GS remake? they have to revamp all the "fruit-bearing" trees anyway. they've made GIII and GIV pokeball equivalents to the apricorn balls anyway, except for the moon ball, fast ball, and level ball (though a nest ball may SORT of act like a level ball)
IDK
i wouldn't be too broken up if they got rid of or replaced apricorns with something else.

also, all this talk about there being "no need to remake GS because all pokemon are already obtainable," is true, but it would be easier to trade between DS games than to snag and purify them on the gamecube game, transfer to a GIII game, pal park them into DP/GS, and then catch them.

i wish they kept connectivity between the games that NEED it to get version exclusives... except for pal park, which rocks.
that was the beauty and simplicity of RB(Y)... everything was obtainable between those games inclusively.
you could get hard to obtain pkmn through stadium, but it wasn't necessary...
does that make sense? i hope so!

XSeerian

Years
I liked Yellow... -_-\

I thought the whole idea of getting Pikachu as a Starter and the Anime like qualities to be pretty sahweet. Also, most of the games that are the third of the series aren't graphically better. Crystal and Emerald only added storylines, they didn't add anything graphically, same goes with Yellow. Just added new systems and caca like that.

Anyways, it would make sense, if we used FireRed and LeafGreen as an example, that Crystal won't be remade, even though...I kind of dug that whole Suicuine(Sp?) storyline.

They'll just stick with Gold/Silver and just add something new at the end as to not damage the original setup of the game, as with the Sevii Islands in FireRed/LeafGreen. Even though...I was so pumped up, because I thought we were going to be able to visit Johto in those games. Haha! So when I got the ability to go to the Sevii Islands, I was all like, "...no." and I stopped playing.

~Drenz

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I liked Yellow... -_-\

[...] Crystal and Emerald only added storylines, they didn't add anything graphically, same goes with Yellow. Just added new systems and caca like that.

[...]

Well that's not true. The sprites of yellow are very improved. And chrystal first had animations.

XSeerian

Years
I'll agree to that. It did animate it's Pokemon Sprites and it did look a bit more crisp. But I meant that it didn't go leaps and bounds over the originals, graphically, like it did with its new systems and storyline improvements. ^_^

~Drenz

darkcowboy

Gibbs is EVERYWHERE!
Years
did anyone SERIOUSLY like yellow?

also, all this talk about there being "no need to remake GS because all pokemon are already obtainable," is true, but it would be easier to trade between DS games than to snag and purify them on the gamecube game, transfer to a GIII game, pal park them into DP/GS, and then catch them.

firstly, i liked yellow cuz pikachu actually said his name. lol

and secondly, not only would it be easier to get nessecary pokemon, but the G/S/C versions were the best in MY opinion.

*Spark

Old school ftw!.
Years
I really want remake to improve on the weakest parts of GS. Like Kanto... Kanto was a wreak in GS... all of the changes were for the worst. :( And of course under-leveled trainers made the game too easy. :/
Speaking of remakes... Pulseman really needs one!, even more than GS!. :O

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I really want remake to improve on the weakest parts of GS. Like Kanto... Kanto was a wreak in GS... all of the changes were for the worst. :( And of course under-leveled trainers made the game too easy. :/
Speaking of remakes... Pulseman really needs one!, even more than GS!. :O

Agreed...Hopefully they'll have something different...

Like us traveling to Hoenn or something xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Since more than likely if they remake GS, how do you think they'd add the Sevii Islands and Nat. Dex into it? That'd be interesting.

Also, I'm sorry, but they aren't going to change plot details like the safari zone/viridian Forest. Sad, yes, true, also yes.

I just thought about something... Wi-Fi compatibility! A GTS thing could replace the time machine, that'd be smart. I'd also like Silver to get stronger and battle you in the Sevii Islands. Definitly a second wave for the E4. Lets see... POKeGear on the touchscreen... And some sidequest to add DP Connectivity.

Also, they need to increase the E4's levels. They took them down by 2 in FRLG, so maybe up by two in GSDS...? Umm... evolution similar to FRLG's, it won't evolve until post-nat. dex.

Contests on the Sevii Islands, super or otherwise. Running shoes, and DP's bike.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Since more than likely if they remake GS, how do you think they'd add the Sevii Islands and Nat. Dex into it? That'd be interesting.

Also, I'm sorry, but they aren't going to change plot details like the safari zone/viridian Forest. Sad, yes, true, also yes.

I just thought about something... Wi-Fi compatibility! A GTS thing could replace the time machine, that'd be smart. I'd also like Silver to get stronger and battle you in the Sevii Islands. Definitly a second wave for the E4. Lets see... POKeGear on the touchscreen... And some sidequest to add DP Connectivity.

Also, they need to increase the E4's levels. They took them down by 2 in FRLG, so maybe up by two in GSDS...? Umm... evolution similar to FRLG's, it won't evolve until post-nat. dex.

Contests on the Sevii Islands, super or otherwise. Running shoes, and DP's bike.

Those are all amazing ideas ;3

*Spark

Old school ftw!.
Years

But those plot details were only included because of technical limitations, that GBC cart was maxed out!. Besides how would YOU know this?.

Or, they could just have a 2nd wave E4 similar to FR/LG. A seprate Johto/Kanto league. ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Yeah, anyone who's hacked a Gold or Silver Rom knows that there is a Safari Zone area in the game, it was just never included.

XSeerian

Years
Yeah, anyone who's hacked a Gold or Silver Rom knows that there is a Safari Zone area in the game, it was just never included.

Haha, that sounded like an in your face comment. ^_^ Not saying it was, just that it sounded like one.

Anyways, I doubt they'll also have the Sevii Islands in the GS Remakes, they'll probably just do something new. Maybe the Battle Frontier or go crazy and actually make Sinnoh available, since both games take place simultanteously. But then again...I'm not GameFreak or Nintendo...so, maybe the Sevii Islands will be included, who really knows?

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Agreed...Hopefully they'll have something different...

Like us traveling to Hoenn or something xD

I hope you were joking ;D

They'd more than likely add Safari Zone than add the Sevii islands to be honest. :/

Plus as Chatot said, there was going to be a Safari Zone in GS, bust for some unknown reason they scrapped it. Probably due to technical limitations. I mean there was probably more on them GBC carts than on most GBA carts :/

Safari Zone in GSC: 1 2

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
[...] I'd also like Silver to get stronger and battle you in the Sevii Islands. Definitly a second wave for the E4. Lets see... POKeGear on the touchscreen... And some sidequest to add DP Connectivity.

Wow these are vrey nice ideas.

1. Yeah the E4 should get National Pokémon after you have beaten the game
and hopefully got the ND.

2. Oh yeah very nice idea, too. PokeGear on touhscreen. Thath would be very comfotable.

3. E4 leveling up. I remember the first one (Will?!?) has a Xatu Lv.42 first and his strongest was 45, right? Don't know exactly. They should be a little SG like. Not too overpowered but not too underpowred. And so +2 would be less...I suggest +10 by all ^^. Like Lorelei. She has a Dewong lv. 53!?! so the E4 of Johto needs to pumped up. (Actually it's the E4 in Kanto of Johto)

4.They would include a Johto Dex first I think so the most Pokémon would be included at the beginning. Maybe they replace/add some Hoenn + Sinnoh Pokémon to the JD.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I hope you were joking ;D
I totally was :3
Wow these are vrey nice ideas.

1. Yeah the E4 should get National Pokémon after you have beaten the game
and hopefully got the ND.

2. Oh yeah very nice idea, too. PokeGear on touhscreen. Thath would be very comfotable.

3. E4 leveling up. I remember the first one (Will?!?) has a Xatu Lv.42 first and his strongest was 45, right? Don't know exactly. They should be a little SG like. Not too overpowered but not too underpowred. And so +2 would be less...I suggest +10 by all ^^. Like Lorelei. She has a Dewong lv. 53!?! so the E4 of Johto needs to pumped up. (Actually it's the E4 in Kanto of Johto)

4.They would include a Johto Dex first I think so the most Pokémon would be included at the beginning. Maybe they replace/add some Hoenn + Sinnoh Pokémon to the JD.

They really should overpower them, it would make the games more challenging, a force people to actually train their pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back