• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    That's partially what I was thinking. The Sevii Islands were a big part of the FR/LG story after the main storyline. It added something more to do than just training. You got to rock out on an Island! Well, if they make a remake, they should still have the volcano which was Blanies gym but have it like a secret muesam or something. It sounds a little far-fetched, and that will probably never happen if they do make a remake, but, it's good to hope for something! They could bring in maybe some Hoenn with the Pokenav instead of Pokegear, or have a choice at the beginning whether you want pokegear OR the pokenav. That would be cool. I would so get the game if it had all the cool features that we're mentioning! Or at least, some of them.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Given that apparently from announcements GB games, and maybe even GBA games (=/) may grace the DSi via the DSi-shop, than a straight port of the original version, basically untouched is possible. Of course that's if they do it for GSC.

As for remakes; no, I doubt it. If a remake was made it'd be on each of the DS's rather than just one - if that were the case sales of the game would be severely limited. And they wouldn't want to hamper sales, obviously. As for downloading a remake...won't happen also due to the above, and the sheer size of it and all. It's not even quite that certain if Johto and an upsized Kanto would fit on a DS cartridge...
    Well I'd much rather have a down loadable port of the old version. Why would it hamper sales? It could be used to push the sales of DS! any way that logic would mean no DSi-shop game could be a full game and would have to be ports or mini games. The down loaded games are stored in the internal memory or the SD card and a super card is capable of playing many full DS games so whats to say the DS cartridge can't pull it off if there space?

We could use it now actually buddy

No, not really it not a good time. It would be better left for the gap between now and next gen. We already have Platinum and pushing out a remake would be to soon at the moment. They already have a new Mystery dungeon coming out and flooding the market with so many Pokemon games is over the top. We have two new Pokemon games can't you wait just a bit for when you really need it? As for the accursed bloody annoying system I don't see why they would put out a game to fix it when Platinum is 5 Months old. It would have made more logic being release before Platinum

Right now people here are losing jobs even if Japan is not effected but I for one and lot of parents don't have the money to go buying a new pokemon game every month.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well I'd much rather have a down loadable port of the old version. Why would it hamper sales? It could be used to push the sales of DS! any way that logic would mean no DSi-shop game could be a full game and would have to be ports or mini games. The down loaded games are stored in the internal memory or the SD card and a super card is capable of playing many full DS games so whats to say the DS cartridge can't pull it off if there space?
    *feels like going off on tangents at times* First off, each to his/her own, I suppose. I would prefer a remake. (There are always the roms and such one can easily get online for the original GSC anyway).

Hamper sales? Well IMHO, there would not be that many who would be willing to by the overpriced DSi for one sole game, which is would be the case for many with a DS/DS lite and have no need for a DSi which is essentially the same thing, with some new features. There may be the odd person that would of course, but if you sold the game across each DS then everyone would be able to buy the GS remake - assuming that it is made, of course. Chances are if they would buy the DSi for one game, and had the money to do so, they'd have bought it anyway as well, so there's little gain there.

I doubt they'd choose to try to limit a Pokemon game's sales by restricting what consoles if can be played on when at most, only the odd feature would be usable by the DSi (as stated by various spokes-people on the DSi), such as taking picture... and IMO there's not much a Pokemon game has to do with taking pictures anyway, unless it's Pokemon Snap. At any rate, there are no DSi-only games that shall be made for a good while, if ever.

Besides, a GS remake would be advertised as a core handheld game, like what FR/LG were - rather than an exclusive game.

Also note the whole memory issue - current DS games take up far more space than what a GB game would take up. And not only that, but current DS games - like Pokemon D/P/Pt take a good amount of time to make and program and what-not. Now, a GS port would require very little changes - but a remake, if you knew some things about programming, wouldn't be as easy as simply changing the graphics and so forth. Even some of the game mechanics of GSC would need changing to current ones (like the IV system which is different to all 3rd gen and beyond Pokemon games).

Memory space is a possible issue - I don't quite believe it would stop Johto and Kanto being made in a possible GS remake, but it could. After all, there's a heck of a lot to go in - each Pokemon has it's one set of data, for movesets, and levels, and so forth - consider there's about 500 of them and that's a fair bit. That with the gameplay, story, two regions, and all of that other stuff, and one can only guess at whether they could fit it all in. After all, GSC's Kanto was downsized because of a lack of space in the memory.

Given all that it would actually take to do a remake, they would be unlikely to put it on the DSi shop, for those games are to be sold at 'low prices' - kinda like the prices of games like Ranch are on the Wii VC which did not take much time to implement and sell, and is a side game, as opposed to Wii games like PBR, which was advertised as the 'bigger' Wii Pokemon game, and took longer to make. So that some profit came from it, it gained a bigger price tag as a result. Basically, like the Wii VC, the DSi shop would be for past, smaller games, or new, not-fully fledged out games, like what a GS remake would.

No, not really it not a good time. It would be better left for the gap between now and next gen. We already have Platinum and pushing out a remake would be to soon at the moment. They already have a new Mystery dungeon coming out and flooding the market with so many Pokemon games is over the top. We have two new Pokemon games can't you wait just a bit for when you really need it? As for the accursed bloody annoying system I don't see why they would put out a game to fix it when Platinum is 5 Months old. It would have made more logic being release before Platinum
    There is no telling when a GS remake could be exactly, tbh. Could be easily next gen, or never. However, the reason why the next main handheld game could be a GS remake for this gen is down to a number of things - firstly, coding for Pokemon to be 'able' to come from Johto - never mind that this coding is unnecessary *points to 'From a Distant Land' Pokemon from Orre*, and that no Pokemon from Johto can yet come into D/P/Pt.

That alone shows that they have considered that they could make a game involving Johto - and a GS remake. Whether they make it is another question. If a GS remake is in the 5th gen then this coding could come into effect IF cross-gen trading was allowed, but considering one-way is probably the most likely, then it leaves it open.

Then there's the rest - a notable lack of 2nd Gen Pokemon in any 4th gen game, unlike the others (1st = Kanto birds, 3rd = Regis in Platinum), and suddenly the movies include the Johto starters, and a Pichu. It does shape up for a GS remake in the not-too-distant future, seemingly.
    Right now people here are losing jobs even if Japan is not effected but I for one and lot of parents don't have the money to go buying a new pokemon game every month.
    Nevertheless, it would not stop the millions of sales Pokemon games generate. Just look at Platinum and how much it sold - fact is that Pokemon games make money. Also they wouldn't release them every month - more like every year as past sales have had it (to increase sales of each game - more marketing!). But anyway: I don't see them announcing, let alone releasing a GS remake right now either. They'd want to sell Platinum everywhere first like they did with all of the other games, and then move onto the next one.

Ooh, and never mind people repeating stuff or not responding to posts. It happens everywhere on the internet, and threads tend to have different discussions. Or he/she may simply not have had much interest in responding to what you said - just let it slide. =)

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Ok, I can see your point but why not just run the g/s remake off the D/P engine? Just add on to it as they need and take out what they don't need. If your use a premade engine could you not just reprogram it? They may have used R/S for D/P since a lot R/S/R items still exist in the coding. Granted it would have to crop it a lot since it two games in one. As I see it they may have to get rid of things form both games to make it work. Contest would be my first guess or national park,bug contest but that still taken alot of what make the games good (contests not so much). You do have a point the remake has to add a lot not just pokemom there the many Spinda spots a lone is a feat that still serprises me. Would they still need Kanto? and what about gen 3 pokemon? Say it comes out in the hight of the DSi if DSi becomes standard and they slow making DS lites how will people get gen 3 starters and pokemon? It would have to be more compatable with one DS versoin or the other right? or it would have to do like Emarld. It's very compicated in a way. It would make it so it would come out before DSi or it will program gen 3 pokemon in. It kinda just makes the same problem as as D/P missing some of gen 2 pokemon. How will you complete your pokedex? It kinda leaves a bit of a gap G/S will have kanto and D/P has johto programed in to it. That means they have to some how make gen 3 pokemon abalable some how to fill the dex. If not how will people with DSi complete the game?

IF a remake I always see FR/LG at a dicounted price while R/S/E still sell for 30$ in some places last year. How do you not know it will be at a reduced price as well seeing as it just a remake.

I don't see them announcing, let alone releasing a GS remake right now either. They'd want to sell Platinum everywhere first like they did with all of the other games, and then move onto the next one.
    Well sure but if I was a parent it would be hard to go out and buy a new pokemon soon after two new ones came out? I feel that way as well and that what I ment by flooding the market. Why release a new game when they can make a lot of money on Platuim for a year or more?

Roms are not potable which is the main reason I don't like playing hand held games on them

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Ok, I can see your point but why not just run the g/s remake off the D/P engine? Just add on to it as they need and take out what they don't need. If your use a premade engine could you not just reprogram it? They may have used R/S for D/P since a lot R/S/R items still exist in the coding. You do have a point the remake has to add a lot not just pokemom there the many Spinda spots and Formes.
    That's probably what they would do, but yet there would still be a heck of a lot to do (each Pokemon with their set locations, movesets could change like they did, particularly with FR/LG in comparison to RS, etc, etc).
    Would they still need Kanto?
    Considering the Pokemon League is in Kanto, and a remake probably would involve the same places as before primarily, I suppose it's likely to see Kanto in a GS remake if it happens.
    and what about gen 3 pokemon? Say it comes out in the hight of the DSi if DSi becomes standard and they slow making DS lites how will people get gen 3 starters and pokemon? It would have to be more compatable with one DS versoin or the other right? or it would have to do like Emarld. It's very compicated in a way. It would make it so it would come out before DSi or it will program gen 3 pokemon in. It kinda just makes the same problem as as D/P missing some of gen 2 pokemon. How will you complete your pokedex? It kinda leaves a bit of a gap G/S will have kanto and D/P has johto programed in to it. That means they have to some how make gen 3 pokemon abalable some how to fill the dex. If not how will people with DSi complete the game?
    Well, with FR/LG, there was not only 1st gen Pokemon, but also 2nd gen Pokemon - a fair number which filled the gap. But also, there was Colosseum and XD which had even more in the way of 2nd gen Pokemon, and that's how they properly 'filled the gap'. Chances are they could include more 3rd gen Pokemon in a GS remake, or use them other games - say, another game on the Wii (even a Shadow Pokemon XD sequel, which is possible, albeit there's nothing in the way of hints for that). But it's kinda pointless trying to predict what Nintendo will do with it - there's many things they could do, and a GS remake is just one of them, although admittedly it's a stronger possibility than others given many reasons. Either way I'm sure they've probably already got something planned.

IF a remake I always see FR/LG at a dicounted price while R/S/E still sell for 30$ in some places last year. How do you not know it will be at a reduced price as well seeing as it just a remake.
    Depends where you are talking about - Myself, I saw FR/LG still being sold when GBA games were being sold at more than RS, but around/slightly less than Emerald. When it was released it got sold at the same price as any other Pokemon game as well... Besides, a game with two regions - and a Pokemon game which sells - will come with a price tag to match D/P/Pt's price tag, IMO. And nonetheless it'd cost more than what a DSi shop game will cost anyway - and would be buy-able from a game shop rather than an online one. They will promote this just like any other main handheld game, IMHO, if it gets made.
    Well sure but if I was a parent it would be hard to go out and buy a new pokemon soon after two new ones came out? I feel that way as well and that what I ment by flooding the market. Why release a new game when they can make a lot of money on Platuim for a year or more?
    ...yes, like I said... Note however that the market fall hadn't affected previous instances of this though - always, there has been one game released at a time to maximise sales of each one. The same thing done to the same effect - millions of sales, so don't see this changing.
    Roms are not potable which is the main reason I don't like playing hand held games on them
    They're not the official thing and all, of course, just a rom, but there are ways to get them to be playable on one's Wii or DS and so forth, actually.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hey everyone! I got something for you. Its a Johto Reference. And in all places the Manga. Yep volume 31 in the ruins of Alph Platina (or platinum however you want to call her) got an added sentence to her dialogue

Dialogue wise, there was one extra sentence in the Unown chapters. When Platinum recites her knowledge about the Unowns, she now adds the line 'also been found at the Ruins of Alph in Johto'. Why the Johto reference all a sudden I wonder?

So then can we assume its safe to say that everything is point to gsds with a big freaking flashing arrow?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    well we can rule out the battle frontier in platinum is in johto because its on the that island that has the resort area and that and that island was in p/d

and mitchman that has nothing to do with it because the person that writes those books isnt part of the games and shes just stating that they are there too. so sorry not a referance

Years
    The remake would be nice, I dont know how they would remake it though. Maybe something like a Firered, where they don't use the most current engine. Maybe revert to the Emerald/Ruby/Saphire engine?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    SKYEYE DID YOU JUST SAY GO BACK TO GBA FORMAT INSTEAD OF AWSOME PLATINUM FORMAT?! You be crazy. Its the most obvious thing and well gba is pratically dead so yeah illogical for that to happen.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Yeah. If they were making a remake now, they wouldn't make it in sucky GS graphics (even though they were enjoyable), they would make it in like 3D Ds lite kind of graphics. Like Platinum for example. It could be a remake that takes up both Ds screens instead of one! And be in a DS cartridge. That would be cool.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    That's probably what they would do, but yet there would still be a heck of a lot to do (each Pokemon with their set locations, movesets could change like they did, particularly with FR/LG in comparison to RS, etc, etc).

Well, with FR/LG, there was not only 1st gen Pokemon, but also 2nd gen Pokemon - a fair number which filled the gap. But also, there was Colosseum and XD which had even more in the way of 2nd gen Pokemon, and that's how they properly 'filled the gap'. Chances are they could include more 3rd gen Pokemon in a GS remake, or use them other games - say, another game on the Wii (even a Shadow Pokemon XD sequel, which is possible, albeit there's nothing in the way of hints for that). But it's kinda pointless trying to predict what Nintendo will do with it - there's many things they could do, and a GS remake is just one of them, although admittedly it's a stronger possibility than others given many reasons. Either way I'm sure they've probably already got something planned.
    As you said but that still leave us going through a lot, spending a money and maybe playing games we don't like to fill are dex (I personal hate Colosseum games) so it's a great marketing plan but leaves us jumping through hoops to fill are pokedex. In the old days all you needed was a friend with a copy of the other pokemon game but why make it so complated just to get all 493 pokemon? They most be working on a lot of games mystery dungeon for one and god knows what else. I still think it's best to wait maybe even for a better system. I rather have a awesome remake with a lot of the game features I know and love then a cropped and watered down G/S remake.

I also wonder is G/S such a good idea we just got a gen I remake and it would be odd going back to kanto so soon after already playing FR/LG. Wouldn't it just be FR/LG all over again after finishing up in johto? When G/S came out it was logical because there was all new pokemon missing from R/B but FR/LG have all pokemon up to gen III plus features of the latest Pokemon game. Seems to early now with FR/LG still fairly fresh in people's mind and being sold cheap in some places. In walmart you can get FR/LG for less then 20$ making it sold more then other pokemon game when I worked at walmart.

They're not the official thing and all, of course, just a rom, but there are ways to get them to be playable on one's Wii or DS and so forth, actually
    Yes but through a lot of hassle and extra money in fact my super card cost 40$ or more dollars and I still need to buy flash memory to play GBA games and that is not counting the 15$-30$ for a mini SD card so you can even play it. For less then 30$ I can play a real DS and a lot of GBA game are less then ten bucks now. Also places like games trading sites you can get DS games for 5$ or so. Why go though all that hassle and spend all then extra money. I got 5 DS games from sayswap for less then 20$ so why mess with roms?

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Both of you really are really ilogical. What would grant them the magical idea to put a gs remake for the gba which is the old handheld gen which is practically dead and not make use of the ds!
    At roconza:
    While space might be an issue they might start using upgraded ds cards with 6GB of space. If they do then yes i welcome such an idea.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    If they made the new remakes in a GBC Cartridge, people with Game boy advance would still be able to play them. The same, crisp feeling of Johto within your GBA to give people an experience that felt like the one they had 10 years ago when it came out.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Both of you really are really ilogical. What would grant them the magical idea to put a gs remake for the gba which is the old handheld gen which is practically dead and not make use of the ds!
    At roconza:
    While space might be an issue they might start using upgraded ds cards with 6GB of space. If they do then yes i welcome such an idea.

Mitchman Is is very right it would not make any logical sense to go back to the R/S/E engine. They would use the D/P/Pt engine to run G/S off because not only does G/S have Gen II Pokemon it has 493 Pokemon plus all the new moves and other features so it can be completable with D/P/Pt. Also that would mean you have no Wifi battles, trading and GTS unless you migrate. Ds is now the main hand held of choice and the new DSi will not even have a GBA slot so ya.

I think I'll research these ds cards with 6GB of memory because you maybe on to some thing. Like we were talking about they have to add two Reagens in one game and add the tons of updates since G/S first came out kinda seems a feat to pull off but other games in the past have pushed a console to it limits so lets not rule any thing out.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As you said but that still leave us going through a lot, spending a money and maybe playing games we don't like to fill are dex (I personal hate Colosseum games) so it's a great marketing plan but leaves us jumping through hoops to fill are pokedex. In the old days all you needed was a friend with a copy of the other pokemon game but why make it so complated just to get all 493 pokemon? They most be working on a lot of games mystery dungeon for one and god knows what else. I still think it's best to wait maybe even for a better system. I rather have a awesome remake with a lot of the game features I know and love then a cropped and watered down G/S remake.
    But making people jump through hoops works, given all of the sales they made, hence why they keep doing so. Also, games like Colosseum and Mystery Dungeon are made by different companies, so Game Freak actually don't have anything else to do with Pokemon ATM bar get Platinum ready for the rest of the world.

(And despite its flaws, I liked Colosseum. Miror B FTW!)
    I also wonder is G/S such a good idea we just got a gen I remake and it would be odd going back to kanto so soon after already playing FR/LG. Wouldn't it just be FR/LG all over again after finishing up in johto? When G/S came out it was logical because there was all new pokemon missing from R/B but FR/LG have all pokemon up to gen III plus features of the latest Pokemon game. Seems to early now with FR/LG still fairly fresh in people's mind and being sold cheap in some places. In walmart you can get FR/LG for less then 20$ making it sold more then other pokemon game when I worked at walmart.
    i wouldn't say that FR/LG 'just' came out - it's been a number of years already. GS's Kanto was kinda different to FR/LG as well... albeit maybe not that great a one given it was smaller than before.

As you mentioned there are a number of 2nd/3rd gen Pokemon missing atm in the 4th gen alone, meaning it can have use in that regard (although IMO they'd worry mainly about whether it's make them money first off...), and FR/LG as mentioned is a GBA game, and GBA games have been dead for years. Plus again, it depends where you live - here in Australia, there are no GBA games on the shelves anymore - not for a good while.

Ans GS's main thing was Johto after all, not just Kanto. FR/LG still sold well despite Kanto being in the 1st and 2nd gen already, after all, as well.
    Yes but through a lot of hassle and extra money in fact my super card cost 40$ or more dollars and I still need to buy flash memory to play GBA games and that is not counting the 15$-30$ for a mini SD card so you can even play it. For less then 30$ I can play a real DS and a lot of GBA game are less then ten bucks now. Also places like games trading sites you can get DS games for 5$ or so. Why go though all that hassle and spend all then extra money. I got 5 DS games from sayswap for less then 20$ so why mess with roms?[/
    QUOTE]Was just saying that it is portable and all. (And again - prices vary from country to country).
    At roconza:
    Well, GS remakes would be in the form of a DS game, no doubt, as mentioned. And heck - Jasmine already as a 4th gen sprite when you think about it.

Wouldn't know anything about these larger DS cards, it if that's the case why haven't they used them already if some struggle to hold space? =/ Not like it's hard to have made one a few years back... idk.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    The games could be based off the manga but I doubt it. Read the manga then play the game and know exactly what you'll be doing? I don't think Nintendo would do somehing that SIMPLE, even for money purposes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back