• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well actually the manga is based off of the games. You got the games? We got the mange is the simple gist of it so to ready the manga writers they would have to give them a heads up to ready it and through that hint that a johto saga might be appearing soon leads you to the logics of a gs remake coming along.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Hiya, haven't been a while here. What has happened here? Any news on a G/S remake?

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    No news, but we have been talking about it. A LOT. The Manga heads-up may not even be a heads up. It could just be something to get our hopes too high then blow the whole thing.

Years
    I highly doubt a Johto remake will come. Really, besides the legendaries and starters of Johto, you practically get the Johto Pokemon in D/P/Pt.
    But, I'd love it if it did come so I could say I finally triumphed over the only region left with Poochyena/Mightyena (he he he).

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    mitchman ive already said it thats has nothing to do with g/s remake we already knew that the unknow was in johto and sinnoh and pearl and diamond came out before that book so it has nothing to do with the remake and the girl was just stating a fact thats it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hey bobandbill i mentioned that johto is referenced in the manga. As so maybe the manga would have a johto saga in the future. If it does wouldnt you think that the games would come along with the manga?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=1570
    This is the post. As you can see its a new line that was added. Why do so?
    Since you want my opinion...well, firstly, I don't follow the manga, I will say - and in fact, the manga is really quite unknown over here. I know that I've never seen it once in a shop over here... and I suspect that would be the case for many other places.

Gven the fact that the manga is one of the lesser known canons of Pokemon due to that, and is quite separate to the games in various aspects (as different to it as the anime is to the games, and so forth, really), then I would question why they would firstly want to even bother throwing in Johto references in the manga, seeing as not that many would really notice. The effect would be most minimal and not necessary. =/ Then there is the fact that the manga is written by a person rather separate to the rest...

From the sounds of the line and all (after all, Unowns do have a pretty big link to the Ruins of Alph), I just can't help but think that's it's just a random, innocent throwaway line, rather than some hidden reference to GSC.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Besides, the Unown were in FR/LG too so thats out of question.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    I doubt that Silver will become Paul, it is believed that Paul is based on Silver, but they are not the same person, Silver even cameo'd in the intro to the Raikou Special that characters based on Gold (Jimmy) and Crystal (Marina) appeared in.

The main reason I was worried is because some of the Game characters appear in the Anime later series such as May, Lucas, Dawn(Platina and her other names) etc. Ash is loosely based on the design of Red and yeah, it's believed Paul is a remake of Silver. Still, I'd hate for them to update the games. Anime and the games are entirely different things. It'd suck to mix them.

Yes, I saw the Cameo of Silver but he appears much older in the opening than he is in the Manga.

So don't worry, they'll just get redesigns that look about the same, just like Red & Green got for the re-releases, so they may get new clothes and possibly a slightly different hairstyle.

I am also excited to see what a slightly(not fully) updated Silver would look like. ALL the sprites from Gold/silver games look epic.. EXCEPT silver who is the absolute worst example of sprite-ing in the whole game. He looks terrible to be such a cool character.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Even if its not anytime soon they may still release one.

PS: I have only ever seen ONE book of Pokemon Manga and that was in a mall outside of Lake Erie... it was Yellow; Best of Pokemon Adventures, so I got it... but that was it. The only one. So if they made a remake they couldn't base it off the manga if you can scarcely find the manga itself in the U.S.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I am not saying it to be based on the manga but if a manga for johto where to come out then that would mean a gs remake would come out cause the manga is based on the games a bit. Now you get me?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    NO because the manga isnt part of the games the people that write them arent part of the video games they only write the books.

ryuzaki they are re-releasing the adventures the first vol comes out June

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You know that you are starting an argument for nothing right? Each manga is based on the game counterpart. The story is not the same but it is for each game. Diamond And Pearl for the two games then platinum for platinum and if they will have a gs remake which is most likely the manga would follow.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I am not saying it to be based on the manga but if a manga for johto where to come out then that would mean a gs remake would come out cause the manga is based on the games a bit. Now you get me?
    That's a pretty darn big 'if' though. =/ If this is based on that one line, I don't see any reason why they would pull it out of nowhere. And there's still the matter of the manga being pretty darn small and having miminal effect on it - IF they did so I still wouldn't be convinced, tbh. Link between manga and the gmaes is pretty weak, actually.

Probably if one happened it'd be after a GS remake was announced anyhow, rather than before (after all, why would they know of it before it was even announced?)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    While the manga would yes come out eventually later then the games say like 6 months they cant pull the manga out of nowhere in 6 months and so they would at least need a heads up from gamefreak hey we are making the remakes wanna give a shot at the manga. And thats why i do believe at least that there is now a bigger chance for the remakes to happen cause they could and should know something for future planning and could be hinting at it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    While the manga would yes come out eventually later then the games say like 6 months they cant pull the manga out of nowhere in 6 months and so they would at least need a heads up from gamefreak hey we are making the remakes wanna give a shot at the manga. And thats why i do believe at least that there is now a bigger chance for the remakes to happen cause they could and should know something for future planning and could be hinting at it.
    Eh, believe what you want, but IMHO there is very little point to draw anything of value from the one line mentioning a place in Johto, which does have a lot to do with Unowns anyway. Besides, what's the point for the manga to drop it in if it was an allusion to a GS remake? To allude to the fact they may do a new issue? I kinda doubt it... Seeing as the Pokemon franchise should keep going for a good while yet they probably wouldn't bother with such things. Why advertise a new series of a manga so early as well, assuming that the GS remake will be made (and would take a good while yet anyway if that was the case at a minimum) - far more advisable to focus with what you've got now, really.

And do they necessarily start the manga the moment the games are released as well, or do require such a long time to get a plotline thought up already? Again - since we wouldn't know how they do things, then assuming things is pretty useless, really - just as easily, they could not even work with Game Freak - after all, Game Freak cares not for the manga or anime - just that their games sells which is what they make profit from - the manga is just another form of Pokemon that they are not concerned with. There's always plenty of time for a 'heads up' in-between a game's announcement and its eventual release as well - I feel this goes some way to negate your argument. =/

Now, if the line actually was far more - like past characters from whatever they had for GSC if anything appeared and all, and so forth - I'd pay attention, but this? Nah. One link from a far-off canon does not equal proof, really - mentions of other regions happen all the time in games and shows and so forth anyway. It's when there are multiples of these references in the one place, or really large ones (like Johto Pokemon in a movie) that I feel they actually begin to bear some importance.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Good point good point. Well the new issue is out anytime now and if anything more about johto appears like a lot of lines and maybe a character reference i think we should take things into consideration.

Valeran

Miserable Memories
    Years
    Now, I never played the 3rd Generation of games, but a good deal of the Johto pokemon were in the B/R remakes, yes? Assumedly to make these pokemon available for the 4th generation. Now there's not much use for a G/S remake to Nintendo, with all the pokemon available and the collectors/battlers happy, they'd probably rather make a new game. (They do seem to make a point to make battlers/collectors happy, due to the completely random presence of the legendary birds in 4th gen).

Nintendo has some unused registered names that could possibly be used for remakes though, and I wouldn't mind seeing remakes since Platinum is the first game I've played since Crystal, but I think I'd rather see a fresh storyline, but the new pokemon that always comes with it is something I might not want to see. (Since the collection is getting bloated.)

I think that these hints people are seeing in the anime/manga are reaching and hoping, but they're just harmless comments.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back