• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    i think the cart is a fake thourgh, since its black and my g/s carts are shiny + feats the game color name as the cart's color...
    Yes, your cart is most definitly a pirated cart. All GameBoy Color only games have clear cartridges with the area where it says "Nintendo Game Boy" raised instead of indented. As for the color, every Pokemon game has had a cartridge the same color as its version, except for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum which had the normal DS cards.
    Red - Red
    Green - Green
    Blue - Blue
    Yellow - Yellow
    Gold - Glittery Gold
    Silver - Glittery Silver
    Crystal - Glittery Aqua Blue
    Ruby - Shiny Red
    Sapphire - Shiny Blue
    FireRed - Red
    LeafGreen - Green
    Emerald - Shiny Green

I'm sure that Gold/Silver remakes would feature Crystal features such as the female trainer and most likely the Suicune Event.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    IMO they shouldn't make Suicune oustand from the trio like it was in crystal.
    But it's pretty obvious new Johto games would have the features crystal, there wouldn't be a crystal remake anyway.

I once had an idea that would be cool in GSDS:
    Two of the legendary beasts would roam around Johto after released, and the third would have a Suicune-in-crystal-like event, but it would be the one whichs type is strong against your starters typing like in FRLG
    Chikorita->Entei event
    Cyndaquil->Suicune
    Totodile->Raikou

Some 5th generation Pokemon should start appearing in the 4th generation movies, but instead the Johto starters ("new pokemon") are in it. That's IMO the most potential evidence for GSDS atm

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Some 5th generation Pokemon should start appearing in the 4th generation movies, but instead the Johto starters ("new pokemon") are in it. That's IMO the most potential evidence for GSDS atm

Personally, i think that isnt a very strong piece of evidence, because by that token you could say that the movie also signifies a DP remake (please, no one say platinum in response to that). The Johto starters also appear prominently in colloseum as do the legendary beasts, we didnt all jump at the remake then (or rather at that reason when Fr/Lg was released). The point is that the Johto starters are prominent to the entire franchise, and the fact that they are featuring in a movie isnt really a strong indication of a remake.

I think that the prescence of the battle frontier in sinnoh is a foreshadowing of a possible season of the anime that focuses on a return to Johto; this in turn will likey provoke even more speculation about GSDS (if it isnt out at that point).

Another point is that the 2nd gen is an important point in pokemon history and will be referenced whether there is a remake coming or not; just as there are many references to Hoenn and Kanto. So, despite all the references (and in some instances, such as location dat, very strong indications) of a remake for Johto, all we can really do is hope for the best and that nintendo dont become a morally sound company and refuse to try and sponge more money off its followers.

Last edited:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
    There is a very large chance they will remake G/S. Put it this way, it must of came to there awareness by now that a majority of this population want it back. But I also think that many people will be dissapointed, in comparison to the actual games, if it was made, because many people thought FR/LG was horrendous compared to the originals, and others loved it. we'll have to see, but in my personal opinion, they will make it. G/S were great games and they're going to earn a hell of a lot of profit and please several fans, and they don't even have much work to do, the plot is already planned out for them.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Anyone notice that the current sets of TGC are low on Johto Pokemon that have nothing to do with 4th gen introduced Pokemon? What are they saving them for? Hmm...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    What, we're drawing on something from the Trading Card game, which is probably as separate-working canon from the games as any? =/ Eh, it might be something, but I feel even the extra references in Platinum amount to more, is all. -_-

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well actually, the TCG usually hints where the franchise is heading so it is relevant but not as noticeable because not many of us look into the TCG anymore. also, its even more fuel that they are saving Johto Pokemon for something like in Platinum with Suicune, Entei, and Raikou.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    So in a way its still relevant BaB. I just cant help but feel disappointed if they are doing all this just to forget the region when its clearly Masuda's favorite place.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah. i have a feeling that since they are doing all of this just for it, the remakes are going to be one of the biggest things to ever happen to Pokemon gaming.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    So in a way its still relevant BaB.
    As I said: 'might be something', but I still find it of less relevance than the added references by the people who would be making the remake if it happens. And as mentioned, the games do get far more exposure than the TCG. Eh. Again, far from confirmation at any rate, even for both of them put together. =P

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I see what you mean, Im just saying that there is too much missing Johto in the places where we use it, and Johto popping up in the anime.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Another regular check of me. ^^;

So, only more hints has come, yet no news on a G/S remake has come?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well Johto starters and 2 special pichus in the next movie, platinum dumping a butt load of Johto on you and Johto pokemon strangely missing from the tcg.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    how is platinum dumping a lot of johto on us??? they barely had anything in there that wasnt already in p/d

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    There is a number of new Johto references in Platinum that were not in DP. U just have to talk to people standing around.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Wait wait wait johto starters and 2 pichus in the next movie?? What next movie? DX How come I never heard they were making another movie... I wish I could get platinum and see the new stuff... unfortunately there is no game store even remotely near my house anymore now that Circuit City closed. T.T

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Its called Arceus and the overcoming of time/space. And its the 12th movie out of 12 and well its the last of the dp trilogy. But not the DP movies! And yeah the refrences were a lot more and very Johtoy. I mean his friend elm? LOL!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back