• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    I pesonally would like to see more pokemon in the Gym Leader's Gyms 2-3-4 pokemon each gym <_<

I know a lot of people would be upset by seeing empoleon (not to mention jasmine does appear in sinnoh) or something in the steel gym but she has like no real large amount of choices from Gen 1 and 2 and personally I think it would fit her story "on a recent trip to the sinnoh region I have picked up a few pokemon" she'd have magnezone, steelix, empoleon (mainly here to dowse fire types like houndoom or typhlosion), another magnezone and a probopass in my opinion she would have visited mt. coronet to evolve her magnemite

maybe the ghost gym leader would now have better pokemon as well with dusknoir, mismagius and bannette

you have to admit the gym leaders were as weak as can be and were easily defeatable unless you were not aware of the first gym and had started the game with chikorita and caught bug pokemon mainly

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I pesonally would like to see more pokemon in the Gym Leader's Gyms 2-3-4 pokemon each gym <_<

I know a lot of people would be upset by seeing empoleon (not to mention jasmine does appear in sinnoh) or something in the steel gym but she has like no real large amount of choices from Gen 1 and 2 and personally I think it would fit her story "on a recent trip to the sinnoh region I have picked up a few pokemon" she'd have magnezone, steelix, empoleon (mainly here to dowse fire types like houndoom or typhlosion), another magnezone and a probopass in my opinion she would have visited mt. coronet to evolve her magnemite

maybe the ghost gym leader would now have better pokemon as well with dusknoir, mismagius and bannette

you have to admit the gym leaders were as weak as can be and were easily defeatable unless you were not aware of the first gym and had started the game with chikorita and caught bug pokemon mainly

She could have a Skarmory since it is an original Johto Pokemon after all.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012

Buff them up. Their altered teams with pokemon after 251 should be after beating the E4.

For example, instead of the Lv7 pidgey and Lv9 pidgeotto for falkner, give him a Lv11 HootHoot and a Lv13 Pidgeotto. Bugsy can get an Ariados, Scyther, and Heracross around Lv17-22.
    They should adjust the Johto gyms so that Claire's highest would be Lv48 or so.
    Then the E4 to be from the high 40s to low 60s, give Kanto trainers Lv50+ pokemon and the Kanto Gym leaders Lv50-75.

And red tops at Lv99.
    They should give the FR/LG girl a cameo appearance battle also.

and of course a more strategic AI.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    If it turns out to be true, I may have to kiss someone.
    /turns to next poster
    /slapped senseless

But seriously though. I'm excited for this new announcement. I've been complaining about how GSC should be remade for moooooonths.

Let's just hope we don't get slapped in the face if it turns out to be something else. e_e

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    Buff them up. Their altered teams with pokemon after 251 should be after beating the E4.

For example, instead of the Lv7 pidgey and Lv9 pidgeotto for falkner, give him a Lv11 HootHoot and a Lv13 Pidgeotto. Bugsy can get an Ariados, Scyther, and Heracross around Lv17-22.
    They should adjust the Johto gyms so that Claire's highest would be Lv48 or so.
    Then the E4 to be from the high 40s to low 60s, give Kanto trainers Lv50+ pokemon and the Kanto Gym leaders Lv50-75.

And red tops at Lv99.
    They should give the FR/LG girl a cameo appearance battle also.

and of course a more strategic AI.

I think the E4 should be tougher to make up for how utterly crappy the original was maybe uhh low level 60s to high level 70s then kanto should be made into a battle frontier (that is basically all it was) I'd like to see how brock would be as a frontier brain

even though I hated the kanto portion of the g/s/c games they raped viridian forest, crushed mt. moon and the part after victory road? wtf was up with that >.<

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I got an idea. Instead of Kanto having gyms all the gyms become frontier places. Doubt it but I would love a twist like that.
    I like the Gyms in Kanto.

They'd probably stick a frontier in a sevii-islands type place or something.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Has this image been posted yet? It could be fake, of course.

A G/S Remake?

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Yes, it's fake. That one has been circulating for a while but it was confirmed to be some dumb Photoshop.

Years
    I think the E4 should be tougher to make up for how utterly crappy the original was maybe uhh low level 60s to high level 70s then kanto should be made into a battle frontier (that is basically all it was) I'd like to see how brock would be as a frontier brain

even though I hated the kanto portion of the g/s/c games they raped viridian forest, crushed mt. moon and the part after victory road? wtf was up with that >.<

The thing is... they had two regions. That's why they kept the levels so low so that when you go to Kanto you don't already have Lv.80+ Pokemon. See having two regions in a game is tricky, especially with the Lv.100 cap. Remember this game wasn't for expert Pokemon players like us, it's made for kids, and aimed for kids of all ages. That includes the kids in us. So that's why we make it challenging for ourselves by running through it with certain rules, like the monotype or monoPokemon challenges etc. I just hope you can rebattle the Gym Leaders like in Emerald and Platinum. -Krobelus

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Are you guys kidding? That "screenshot" is of Platinum's Wi-Fi room. :|

(Also, keep in mind that Japan doesn't use plurals, so that guy's translation isn't really good unless the PS crew specifically said "two games".)

As a formality, guys, stop posting links to other forums. (Quote the material and source it.)
    Yeah I knew it was Wi-Fi room, I've been there yesterday... lol
    So I was kinda wondering.... and also Lucas shouldn't be existing in that pic as player character....

OMG... I thought it's just gonna be one version - might be just a remake for Crystal, but this is seem not to be the case...

Yeah I was gonna tell everyone to not post link of other forum... 'Cuz this was listed in the rules here in PC.

The thing is... they had two regions. That's why they kept the levels so low so that when you go to Kanto you don't already have Lv.80+ Pokemon. See having two regions in a game is tricky, especially with the Lv.100 cap. Remember this game wasn't for expert Pokemon players like us, it's made for kids, and aimed for kids of all ages. That includes the kids in us. So that's why we make it challenging for ourselves by running through it with certain rules, like the monotype or monoPokemon challenges etc. I just hope you can rebattle the Gym Leaders like in Emerald and Platinum. -Krobelus
    I don't need a Kanto... That would make it appear in all 4 generations.... It's boring, you know...
    Also it might be better if they edit the Johto-dex, Having the legendary birds, Mewtwo, Mew, Kanto starters doesn't make sense to me at all... Instead they'lll should add up some 4th-gen Pokemon that is related with Jhto Pokemon like Togekiss, Electivire, Magmortar etc... (But not Rhyperior, Tangrowth etc, get what I mean?)
    My speculation to the TMs that will be given by the Leaders will be:
    Falkner: Roost/Pluck
    Bugsy: X-Scissor/U-turn
    Whitney: Attract/Captivate
    Morty: Shadow Ball/Shadow Claw
    Chuck: Drain Punch
    Jasmine: Gyro Ball/Flash Cannon
    Pryce: Avalanche
    Clair: Dragon Pulse

Last edited:

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    So I just saw the link that someone posted to IGN (it was in the RSS feed thread) and I think that if it turns out to be anything but, the internet will fill up with complaints.

Team Rocket Boss Giovanni

Let us meet again someday!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    If this does turn out to be an announcement of remakes of Gold and Silver, there's one thing I want to happen. I want the Whirl Islands to be separated into individual islands like the Sevii Islands.

Years
    If this does turn out to be an announcement of remakes of Gold and Silver, there's one thing I want to happen. I want the Whirl Islands to be separated into individual islands like the Sevii Islands.

I don't agree with that idea. The only thing I agree partly on is that they islands should be a little more separate rather than surfing a few tiles to get to the next one.

-Krobelus

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I remember the first time I thought of how awesome a remake for these would be. I was watching the R/S commercial for the first time, and I thought, "Wow, I hope they make a remake for G/S soon. I love it, but new features and updated artwork/sprites for the GBA would certainly be a plus". Given it won't be on the GBA if it's made, but same concept.

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
    Years
    here are some things that i think should be updated in the game:

-johto pokemon as ace pokemon for the gym leaders (come on, like half of the gyms had kanto pokemon. show off those 2nd gens!)
    -bigger TR story, maybe with legendary pkmn involved
    -giovanni!
    -silver should have something to do with TR
    -better victory road
    -cinnabar island should at least have an enterable volcano if it was exploded. come on.
    -3rd and 4th gens as pokeradar pkmn and in kanto
    -possibly no kanto at all, but a different region, or just johto
    -mahogany, lake of rage not accessible til after 5th gym or so.

im sure ill come up with more, but GSC is still my favorite. im pumped for the remake. and dont even say its not a remake.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Not 5th-gen, that one is for the new next game console...

Maybe the DS is going to last one more generation. Due to the bad economy ,it's lasting effects would not enable Nintendo to make a next gen decked out , but maybe something like a DS2. The DS is the best selling game system Ninty ever had ,and abandoning it would be suicide right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back