• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    :p it kinda is that way. I would laugh if gs remakes were put into a middle ground like the originals.
    That would really suck if the remakes were playable only on the DSi. Dunno if the Lite can play DSi games, though they both use the same type of cartridge, so it's possible it won't matter. Fingers crossed though.

Gosh Nintendo sure knows how to lure players into buying products.

Years
    That would really suck if the remakes were playable only on the DSi. Dunno if the Lite can play DSi games, though they both use the same type of cartridge, so it's possible it won't matter. Fingers crossed though.

Gosh Nintendo sure knows how to lure players into buying products.

The thing is the only DSi only games are the DSiWare. So even it is a "DSi" product we'll still be able to play it on the DS no problem. The only thing we can't play from the DS to the DSi are Guitar Hero and other games that use the Slot 2 (Minus the Opera Internet Browser because that became a DSiWare).

-Krobelus

Years
    The thing is the only DSi only games are the DSiWare. So even it is a "DSi" product we'll still be able to play it on the DS no problem. The only thing we can't play from the DS to the DSi are Guitar Hero and other games that use the Slot 2 (Minus the Opera Internet Browser because that became a DSiWare).

-Krobelus
    I suppose you're right.

Sucks though, I honestly wouldn't have minded the extra thickness for the GBA slot, would have made a perfect console. Could also be that the DSi's new features required more hardware == no room for the GBA slot. Oh well.

(Either way, I'll probably be forced to buy the Crystal remake for Lugia and Ho-oh, since Nintendo no longer gives out the Mystic ticket, even sending the cartridge to NoE to get it downloaded).

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    I'm really hoping we get these remakes. GSC was always my favorite generation, and Crystal was my favorite of the games. Even if any of them get remade for the DS, I'll be glad to get it for the nostalgia value. \

Just one thing about one of the suggestions, though: I agree with whoever said that the non-1st/2nd-gen Pokemon should be added to the Gym Leaders' teams after beating the Elite 4. I'd like it if it had Emerald's Gym Leader rebattle system, where the non-3rd-gen Pokemon were added gradually as you rebattled the Gym Leaders. Of course, for this, we should be able to get the Leaders' Phone Numbers, too, and maybe increase the number of numbers the PokeGear can store.

I also agree with making a few things tougher. I don't mind the Elite 4 as it is, but there should be added challenges before facing them. Add a Trick House, add trainers into the Ice Path and other places where trainers were absent, essentially add new opportunities for leveling up. That way, you won't end up at Indigo with Pokemon that are still in the mid-to-upper 30s and low-40s. (Well, maybe in my experience from playing Shiny Gold and not having played the original GSC games for a while [even though I'm playing through Crystal for my RM2K3 remake].)

Hmm...if this announcement does turn out to be about GS(C) remakes, where would that leave people who wanted to remake them themselves? XD

Years
    Hmm...if this announcement does turn out to be about GS(C) remakes, where would that leave people who wanted to remake them themselves? XD

Exactly! I was actually thinking of re-starting my Pokemon Krobelus (Crystal Remake) but if this goes through there will be no need. Oh well. Better in the end anyway =D

-Krobelus

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Exactly! I was actually thinking of re-starting my Pokemon Krobelus (Crystal Remake) but if this goes through there will be no need. Oh well. Better in the end anyway =D

-Krobelus
    Yeah, I just got back into my GlitterGold game a few months ago, too. But yeah, it'd all work out in the end, too. =D

...Meh, I might just keep working on it, even if it's without a battle system, just 'cause I'm not one to leave something unfinished. Plus, it'd give me something to do when I'm bored. XD

(Slightly-off-topic: Has anyone else heard the hidden GSC remixed tracks that were hidden in RSE? I just found them on YouTube and I find it interesting that these tidbits were included, as if hinting, from back then, that there'd be a remake.)

Years
    Hmm.. I would really love a GS remake, but why don't they just go right ahead and remake Crystal? Actually since it's Nintendo we're talking about, they'll milk the money cow for all its worth, so...
    Also, i REALLY hope they don't screw it up. One thing i'd like to see unused is the National Pokedex concept. Just get a single Pokedex, possibly with the similar (though obviously enhanced) options to the one in original GS. I mean i know they can't call them ''New Pokemon Mode'' and ''Old Pokemon Mode'' but they could have ''Johto Mode'' and ''National Mode'', though available from the start. For one thing, Gym leaders need more Pokemon, eg Jasmine. With a Lairon/Empoleon, she'd actually be tough to beat. And the likes of Whitney, and Chuck. Also, Levels will definately be waaaaaaaaaaay higher. Lol, no more level 9 Gym leaders for us!

Last edited:

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    I noticed a lot of people saying how Jasmine needs an Empoleon...I have to take the opposing side. Even if it is after the Elite Four, I think that it would ruin the whole game to give someone from Generation 2 and Generation 4 Pokemon. That's just my opinion though

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well, then I'll watch Tokyo TV this Sunday again. Lets hope it's an G/S remake and not PMD3....
    When Pokemon Sunday beats Corocoro to announcing a game and everyone is so happy cause they are showing off a game or games with info coming out of gold and silver balls and 2 paintings with gold and silver on them you have to wonder why spinoff no? And don't worry wave. I will make sure to cover it as well. I will not only make a post but my Camera is waiting to make a video of me taping my PC with really low graphics of the announcement.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    When Pokemon Sunday beats Corocoro to announcing a game and everyone is so happy cause they are showing off a game or games with info coming out of gold and silver balls and 2 paintings with gold and silver on them you have to wonder why spinoff no? And don't worry wave. I will make sure to cover it as well. I will not only make a post but my Camera is waiting to make a video of me taping my PC with really low graphics of the announcement.

Hmm, you got a point.... Well, we'll see Sunday, we'll see.... I'm gonna scream and be hyper if they announce a G/S remake.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Never mind that - won't be PMD3 as that's already been announced and released in Japan to boot - can't be that.

Me...I'd have to wake up early, methinks. Debating (amongst other stuff) whether I'd bother or not - depends on the time, ultimately (methinks its not a great one though...hmm).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Eh - either someone who knows more than he should due to inside info, or he just faked his way with the guess that GS remakes would have happened. Hmm. Either way, what he says doesn't give much away (stuff on what the titles aren't is kinda meh, really, and not hard to dismiss due to being unlikely anyway), and I'll rather take official announcements, is all. Rest of what he says works on basic common sense as well (seriously, another MD game set in Johto? Ah, the flaws in such an idea...).

Also wondering why he comments on the Anime suddenly, given that the anime and games are two completely different things... although he mentions that he has 'two connections'... Eh, it's one of the more legit things, but always look at such things with a raised eyebrow or two. Official announcements >>> all. But he didn't give anything important away besides squash some obviously wrong rumours, and some stuff that I couldn't care much about either. And at any rate, those two connections he has (searching FTW:)
    I can't deny I'm proud of this series and have some emotional ties to it. I've been a huge champion of it since it first hit Japan, and these days I not only pull down two different Pokemon related paychecks (Beckett's Pokemon Collector Magazine – available in fine stores everywhere, and The Pokemon Company – not to be confused with Pokemon USA), but I am also one of the few lucky stiffs to have a Pokemon named after them.

('Course, he could have always edited his previous posts on the flip side. =P Guy seems legit enough though, but I don't see any new info either, unsurpringsly, so no gain. Whoopee?)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh I know. I mean what the hell Lucario is named after him? If that is true and his sources are true then I see no reason why not to believe him. Anyway take that article with a pinch of salt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back